Board technical issues

Moderator12

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

@VaBeach_Eagle

Curious: Pasting a link works, but there's a link icon where you can past the URL as well.  Is the only reason for that so you can relabel the text of the link?

If I recall, didn't older versions of the board not allow you to paste the link you HAD to use the link icon?  It seems like now you can just paste.  Or does it depend on the type of site?  Example I just copied and pasted this link without using the link icon:  

https://overthecap.com/player/darius-slay/2358

I don't recall not being able to just paste a link directly into a post. But yes, the link icon is so that you can re-label the link like here, where I took your link and did that: Darius Slay Cap numbers, same link just a different way to display it. 

Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, I used to (usually), just past the link directly and don't recall ever not being allowed to do that.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't recall not being able to just paste a link directly into a post. But yes, the link icon is so that you can re-label the link like here, where I took your link and did that: Darius Slay Cap numbers, same link just a different way to display it. 

Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, I used to (usually), just past the link directly and don't recall ever not being allowed to do that.  

Maybe I'm confusing it with pasting an image link, could be.  Completely minor, unimportant topic for a slow Friday at work.  :lol:

12 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Maybe I'm confusing it with pasting an image link, could be.  Completely minor, unimportant topic for a slow Friday at work.  :lol:

Could be, I don't remember links themselves being forced through the link icon. 

All of a sudden I can’t load the site on PC. Mobile works fine

Edit: PC works now

6 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

All of a sudden I can’t load the site on PC. Mobile works fine

Edit: PC works now

Whew, close one.

That was a real emotional roller coaster.

:P

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2023 at 11:23 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That and Facebook are issues with those services. I've asked Invision about it, as have others who run boards, and they are 'looking into it'. So we'll see. 

Any update to this? Instagram and Facebook links still don't embed

44 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Invision has fielded a lot of inquiries/complaints on this and they're supposedly looking into it. I haven't checked on it for a while, but I'll see if there's any updates. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I sent a message to Invision a little while ago, this is the reply:

Our developers are still investigating this and potential next steps.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I sent a message to Invision a little while ago, this is the reply:

Appreciate the update. I'm guessing it just won't happen. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

If it's something that they can fix, it'll likely be in a future update. But it may be something on Facebook's end that they would have to fix (and won't). 

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If it's something that they can fix, it'll likely be in a future update. But it may be something on Facebook's end that they would have to fix (and won't). 

It would make sense if FB didn't want to make it convenient to share content elsewhere. They want people on their groups for discussions, sharing content on timelines.

What happened to my several thousand posts - they aren't showing any longer

3 hours ago, Rob331 said:

What happened to my several thousand posts - they aren't showing any longer

Several thousand from this board or the old EMB? You're currently at 3,293 posts. Looking back at the archives of your profile for this board:

June 2021: 2,522 posts

https://web.archive.org/web/20210617085414/https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/profile/866-rob331/

January 2022: 2,601 posts

https://web.archive.org/web/20220128084709/https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/profile/866-rob331/

June 2022: 2,975 posts

https://web.archive.org/web/20220630103610/https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/profile/866-rob331/

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2023 at 7:25 AM, time2rock said:

Bold no longer works.  If you try to bold something ... nothing.  If you post something from an article in which bold is in use, it does not post with bold.  Example below (first is as printed in article, second is from after having posted in 411).

image.png.a76816cb5fdb03a5b3bcc838771ec48d.png

image.thumb.png.5d983336040fa171a963ed82c0f5945e.png

@VaBeach_Eagle @Moderator12 just following up on this.  Any reason why being able to use bold text no longer works?  I add a lot of content in 411 and used to use it often.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

@VaBeach_Eagle @Moderator12 just following up on this.  Any reason why being able to use bold text no longer works?  I add a lot of content in 411 and used to use it often.  Thanks.

Bold does work, but when you're in Dark Mode, it's just harder to notice because the background is a dark color. This is BOLD this is not BOLD. background The difference is there, but it's slight enough to make it seem like it's not. I'll see if I can increase it any. 

For now, or if it can't be made any more obvious, bold it and maybe underline it also to indicate the emphasis that you want to indicate. 

6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Bold does work, but when you're in Dark Mode, it's just harder to notice because the background is a dark color. This is BOLD this is not BOLD. background The difference is there, but it's slight enough to make it seem like it's not. I'll see if I can increase it any. 

For now, or if it can't be made any more obvious, bold it and maybe underline it also to indicate the emphasis that you want to indicate. 

Hmmmm.  I post most articles (411) from my laptop … it’s just easier.  I’d always paste the title, usually have to adjust font size, and then would hit bold and you would observe it change to bold.  When I do so now I never see the change.  And many times where there is boldface text within an article (e.g. when covering a list of draft picks and each player’s name is bolder within the article, when I paste it it no longer appears to be bold (on a white background).  

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Hmmmm.  I post most articles (411) from my laptop … it’s just easier.  I’d always paste the title, usually have to adjust font size, and then would hit bold and you would observe it change to bold.  When I do so now I never see the change.  And many times where there is boldface text within an article (e.g. when covering a list of draft picks and each player’s name is bolder within the article, when I paste it it no longer appears to be bold (on a white background).  

If you can, take a screenshot of what you're seeing and post it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That's a bold statement.

• Haha 2

image.thumb.png.c402fd166785246e2ad85d34f5fca535.png

Looks the same to me

I've just been changing the color of the text instead

On 4/7/2023 at 10:56 AM, Mike030270 said:

image.thumb.png.c402fd166785246e2ad85d34f5fca535.png

Looks the same to me

I've just been changing the color of the text instead

Below is how it looks to me. I can see the difference on mine, but on yours it's not so noticeable.  

image.png

When I have a chance, I'll see what can be done.

On 4/6/2023 at 2:39 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If you can, take a screenshot of what you're seeing and post it. 

A few examples:

(1) When posting article title (first one not bolded, second one supposed to be bolded):

image.png.49f10030a857a306d1df6e8370ed64c1.png

(2) When posting from an article (first one as included in original, second one what is actually pasted):

image.png.511153d114be0eb2cbbfc7cc890edb03.png

(3) When trying to add bold to text within an article:

image.png.00c36622520f255546c42bcac4011de1.png

22 minutes ago, time2rock said:

A few examples:

(1) When posting article title (first one not bolded, second one supposed to be bolded):

Spoiler

image.png.49f10030a857a306d1df6e8370ed64c1.png

This is what I see for that article:

Spoiler

image.png

I'm seeing the headline as being bold, are you not seeing that on your end?

22 minutes ago, time2rock said:

(2) When posting from an article (first one as included in original, second one what is actually pasted):

image.png.511153d114be0eb2cbbfc7cc890edb03.png

(3) When trying to add bold to text within an article:

image.png.00c36622520f255546c42bcac4011de1.png

I think this is the example above, and this is what I see on my end:

Spoiler

image.png

For me, it's bold. Is it not for you?

47 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

This is what I see for that article:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

I'm seeing the headline as being bold, are you not seeing that on your end?

No I am not.  In that 1st (and 3rd) examples I presented earlier, you can see where the bold icon is highlighted to indicate the text should be bolded but you can see there is no difference.  That is what I see on my end.  This has been going on since the upgrade.  I didn't make any changes on my end (to settings, etc.).  Weird.

49 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I think this is the example above, and this is what I see on my end:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

For me, it's bold. Is it not for you?

No, it is not.  

27 minutes ago, time2rock said:

No I am not.  In that 1st (and 3rd) examples I presented earlier, you can see where the bold icon is highlighted to indicate the text should be bolded but you can see there is no difference.  That is what I see on my end.  This has been going on since the upgrade.  I didn't make any changes on my end (to settings, etc.).  Weird.

Which skin/theme are you using (check the dropdown at the bottom of the board)?