Board technical issues

Moderator12

16 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That's actually not new. That's been there dating back to the old EMB, though on the old EMB they didn't have it formatted properly and you couldn't see much of it. 

Maybe its just seeing it in grey like that stands out to me. I rarely go on here via PC so I forget some things that exist on there and not on mobile

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Maybe its just seeing it in grey like that stands out to me. I rarely go on here via PC so I forget some things that exist on there and not on mobile

I own a flip phone, so I only use a tablet or PC and sometimes forget that things may not display on a smart phone that do display on other devices. That's too bad, too. There's some small touches like that, that I think add to the theme of the board. But I'm a geek like that lol. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Still work to be done, but a peak at what it's looking like so far.

Hide contents

Dark Mode.png

I like it. Hope this hasn't been too much trouble

26 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Oh, ENORMOUS trouble! Nothing that clicking our Amazon link each day for a year (and making purchases) won't cure, though... :angel

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

22 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Dark Mode is available, let me know if you see any issues with it. 

7 hours ago, Procus said:

Nice touch replacing the notification bell with the Liberty Bell

Thanks, I got the idea from looking at old pics of the Vet and being reminded of the Liberty Bell that they had there. Being a Philadelphia board, how could we have a Bell icon and it NOT be the Liberty Bell? lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Thanks, I got the idea from looking at old pics of the Vet and being reminded of the Liberty Bell that they had there. Being a Philadelphia board, how could we have a Bell icon and it NOT be the Liberty Bell? lol

The star for going to the first unread post is too dark and barely can see it

image.png.00b4969eaabfa69999846f0c13cf9c0b.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

How do I switch to it in mobile?

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

F3B57B0F-7D82-4D33-B9D9-C7CC7CFF9D21.thumb.png.d9c33a0eebdfb7c55b5ec3fdffc8a54d.png

Those options now no longer show for me.  

Nevermind I'm stupid! Thank you

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Those options now no longer show for me.  

Nevermind I'm stupid! Thank you

Also can use this one at the top

EEA023E3-6A06-4C01-8EFE-EB7E70A55F5B.thumb.jpeg.62eff7bf58250aca4dcd033be51ac4dd.jpeg

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Also can use this one at the top

EEA023E3-6A06-4C01-8EFE-EB7E70A55F5B.thumb.jpeg.62eff7bf58250aca4dcd033be51ac4dd.jpeg

I got it then thank you!

• Like 1

Typing in a spoiler isn't readable in dark mode

Spoiler

At least on my end. I can barely see this

I got this error message while trying to like a post. I don’t know if it’s a temporary thing or not, but I wanted to give you a heads up.

DB230679-E4DB-4092-A162-3832F67C7F6F.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Know Life said:

I got this error message while trying to like a post. I don’t know if it’s a temporary thing or not, but I wanted to give you a heads up.

I have seen that a couple of times, then able to like the post 5 seconds later.

5 hours ago, Know Life said:

If it happens again, post a link to the post you were trying to like.

• Like 1

Any chance we can remove the feature that merges posts when you've posted something and then quickly post again?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Any chance we can remove the feature that merges posts when you've posted something and then quickly post again?

I know that was asked on the last version, and I don't think it was possible. I wish it were though.

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I know that was asked on the last version, and I don't think it was possible. I wish it were though.

I know it's possible on message boards but don't know if invision has it

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I know it's possible on message boards but don't know if invision has it

It used to back in the day. Then sometime after the April Fools debacle back in 2011, after Spuds got the old board database back, Invision upgraded, and merging posts was one of the features it had.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Agree with this @VaBeach_Eagle @Moderator12

I'm not against it, but it leaves room for a spammer to abuse the board and 'deface' threads with multiple, multiple, multiple posts one after another after another. 

I actually have to disable it when I'm re-creating the LII thread, because I have to do multiple posts one after another. So there have been times when it hasn't been in effect, especially the few times that I forgot to re-enable it lol. 

I think that at the very least, we can disable it for Gameday of Super Bowl LVII. Anyone posting in that thread will likely do some back to back posts.

13 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Yes, hate that.

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

@VaBeach_Eagle discovered another issue in dark mode. Looks like when someone embedded a website link it shows up unreadable. 

Screenshot_20230201-070903.png

In that image, I can see the link. Are you highlighting it or are you talking about something else? Send me a link to that post.