Board technical issues

Moderator12

9 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, I logged on about 45 minutes ago and saw that we were offline and have been working on it ever since. 

Apparently, GoDaddy (our host), has some kind of known issue where their system will show that websites have maxed out their resources (CPU, Disk space, RAM, etc), and put the site offline. 

So on the phone, they're telling me that we've maxed out and need an upgrade. That made ZERO sense being March and not during the season. Especially considering that we hit huge numbers during the Super Bowl and didn't max anything out.

So they refreshed their system and that put us back online. Annoying, but fixed. 

Cool, thanks for the fast reply. 🤟🏻

• Like 1

I've been getting what looks like a secure socket layer warning for the https service. When they refreshed did they mess up the certificate?

54 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, I logged on about 45 minutes ago and saw that we were offline and have been working on it ever since. 

Apparently, GoDaddy (our host), has some kind of known issue where their system will show that websites have maxed out their resources (CPU, Disk space, RAM, etc), and put the site offline. 

So on the phone, they're telling me that we've maxed out and need an upgrade. That made ZERO sense being March and not during the season. Especially considering that we hit huge numbers during the Super Bowl and didn't max anything out.

So they refreshed their system and that put us back online. Annoying, but fixed. 

Yes I had multiple error messages for the last several hours from just not loading.. to saying resources maxed out… and finally saying it could be a site impersonating to steal the information from my device. Glad it’s back up and running. 

24 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Yes I had multiple error messages for the last several hours from just not loading.. to saying resources maxed out… and finally saying it could be a site impersonating to steal the information from my device. Glad it’s back up and running. 

16 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

I got 'site impersonator' message too. 

24 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

I've been getting what looks like a secure socket layer warning for the https service. When they refreshed did they mess up the certificate?

Yeah, I'm working on it. The Certificate is fine, there's just issues with GoDaddy at the moment. 

• Like 1

I'm good now VaBeach. 

Thanks for all you do!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, I'm working on it. The Certificate is fine, there's just issues with GoDaddy at the moment. 

Hopefully you've put my bank account information to good use. 

I don't see any extra money in there yet. 

I didn't know where at ask this at but do we really need censors in cvon when it's closed off to the public? @Moderator6 @Moderator12

Also wasn't sure who to ask this so I tagged you both. If you sign out then you can't view cvon. So we should be able to posts memes with curse words without having to use the spoiler tag

I believe @VaBeach_Eagle said that it's also blocked from google so it's not messing with the money

So the meme thread should be fine with curse words in them

9 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I didn't know where at ask this at but do we really need censors in cvon when it's closed off to the public? @Moderator6 @Moderator12

Also wasn't sure who to ask this so I tagged you both. If you sign out then you can't view cvon. So we should be able to posts memes with curse words without having to use the spoiler tag

I believe @VaBeach_Eagle said that it's also blocked from google so it's not messing with the money

So the meme thread should be fine with curse words in them

Filters can’t be made forum specific. 

As for memes, all I ask is to spoiler tag it if there is language in it that would be filtered.  And if I see one that’s not, I do it for you, not issue warnings. I don’t think that’s asking too much. 

10 hours ago, Moderator12 said:

Filters can’t be made forum specific. 

As for memes, all I ask is to spoiler tag it if there is language in it that would be filtered.  And if I see one that’s not, I do it for you, not issue warnings. I don’t think that’s asking too much. 

Doesn't make sense that it'd be needed if the forum isn't going to hinder the board making money because it's hidden. I'm really only asking for the meme thread to not need restrictions