Board technical issues

Moderator12

8 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, I'm going to call them later in the day, I'm getting the same thing. 

I'm waiting to hear back from GoDaddy, they implemented a firewall service back on the 13th, and ever since then there's some been issues. One of which is guest activity. As you can see from the logs below, there was a drastic nosedive once the firewall went into place. Some of that could be 'bots', but another thing that I've noticed is that there's been zero new members register since the firewall went into effect. 

Spoiler

stats.JPG

Guests2.JPG

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Are guests getting blocked?

Not entirely, it appears, but after the firewall was installed guest traffic dropped significantly, as you can see from the second image (that's the online activity of guests). 

I'm just waiting to hear back from them, which may take up to 12 hours. 

17 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Twitter does not play. Facebook does play. Both themes, same thing.

I just tried to play the Twitter video (Below), and it wouldn't play... but it played without issue for me yesterday. So I refreshed the screen and tried again and it played. See if that works for you. 

18 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Here's some embeds, see if they play for you (or anyone else who's having trouble, please post your response). 

When I submit the support ticket, I'll ask them about the mobile issue. Did you try using the generic Invision theme as a test? If things work normally on the generic skin but not our custom one, then I'll go in a different direction.  

Twitter:

Facebook:

28 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

@Procus are you still getting that error?

Just posted an article with success.  If something comes up, will let you know.  Thx.

19 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I just tried to play the Twitter video (Below), and it wouldn't play... but it played without issue for me yesterday. So I refreshed the screen and tried again and it played. See if that works for you. 

Twitter did not play, but Facebook does

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

@Procus are you still getting that error?

Just got the error on a Tommy Lawlor article, but successfully posted a Philly Voice article

54 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

twitter did not play. after i refreshed the page, twitter played. 

I've been trying to track down some of these issues that we've been having. Nothing on the embedding issue yet, other than the discovery that refreshing may make it work. 

I think I've found the problem with the 'Blocking' issue though, and it's firewall related. So that's been elevated and I'm waiting to get some resolution on that. 

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Nope. No videos on Twitter ever play for me. But I use really old technology, so I've come to accept that a lot of things that should work just won't work for me.

Not really a big deal but might as well point it out.  On a few occasions I  haven't received notifications for reactions to a posts.  Most recently with this post:

I'd link to another case but it was too far back.  Small potatoes but hey...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Not really a big deal but might as well point it out.  On a few occasions I  haven't received notifications for reactions to a posts.  Most recently with this post:

I'd link to another case but it was too far back.  Small potatoes but hey...

I'm going to react to your post here, let me know if you get the notification. 

11 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm going to react to your post here, let me know if you get the notification. 

I did. And I do most of the time. I think it's only happened on 2-3 occasions. Last time it was several reactions to the same post. 

Just got this when trying to edit a post:

This comment can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be edited.

I think the issue may be if a poster posts after your post, while you are editing. I posted something in the blog, and then ToastJenkins posted. I clicked submit on the edited post and it wouldnt let me.

5 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

This comment can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be edited.

I think the issue may be if a poster posts after your post, while you are editing. I posted something in the blog, and then ToastJenkins posted. I clicked submit on the edited post and it wouldnt let me.

Also got this same thing today 

Mod 12 I saw a spider....................................KILL IT!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Which comment was it on? 

31 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Which comment was it on? 

It was the post I tagged you in, in the blog,  about youtube video ideas.

20 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I actually just got the message also, so I'll see if I can figure out why that's happening. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

I just edited the post where I got that error and it went through. Try yours again and see if you get the error or if it works. 

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I just edited the post where I got that error and it went through. Try yours again and see if you get the error or if it works. 

Didn't work. It's this post 

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Didn't work. It's this post 

Try to edit one of your posts in here and see if it happens there too.

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Try to edit one of your posts in here and see if it happens there too. 

just tried to edit my previous post. wouldnt let me. same message. 

poop

I was able to edit the one above this one though.

I really think the issue occurs if someone responds after you post. Seems once there is a response in the thread you can not go back and edit. 

boobs