Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And can't really act... The MCU have done a great job of bringing in really good actors. 

looked it up, shes now 4ish years older than Halle was when X-Men 1 dropped, so knowing movies aren't dropping for a while there will be an even larger separation.

Hell, I love Donald Glover but new Lion King was super meh just being voices, so I don't see Bey doing much in front of the camera. (Has she been in anything major besides Goldmember?)

• Like 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

I’ve heard that she has one of the best videos of all time. One of the best videos of all time!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Agent23 said:

looked it up, shes now 4ish years older than Halle was when X-Men 1 dropped, so knowing movies aren't dropping for a while there will be an even larger separation.

Hell, I love Donald Glover but new Lion King was super meh just being voices, so I don't see Bey doing much in front of the camera. (Has she been in anything major besides Goldmember?)

Lol yes. Nothing for awhile and nothing ground breaking but she's been in a few

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0461498/#actress

I’ll give Donald a pass for Lion King. Voice acting is a very different animal (pun intended) then front of camera work and I thought he was pretty good in Homecoming.

Meanwhile, it appears more reputable sources are shooting down the Beyoncé rumors for storm. 

Preparing for the role of Storm like

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12432-1359573502-4.

original.gif

FatSpottedArmyworm-size_restricted.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

Beyonc%C3%A9-Crazy-in-Love-Costume.gif

beyonce-dancing-gif-Single-Ladies-funny-

beyonce-DtlBZY.gif

For the record I like her but these were funny.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

For the record I like her but these were funny.

She's pretty hot so she's got that going for her. I think it would be bad casting though. 

• Like 1

are they planning on another thanos movie?  maybe his origin story?  damn, he was an amazing character in the last 2 movies...just incredible. i needz moar!!! 

10 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

are they planning on another thanos movie?  maybe his origin story?  damn, he was an amazing character in the last 2 movies...just incredible. i needz moar!!! 

I haven't seen any info about that, but he was the best MCU villain by far.  In the Disney+ series What If, it's possible he could show up as it will be showing alternate story lines.

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

I haven't seen any info about that, but he was the best MCU villain by far.  In the Disney+ series What If, it's possible he could show up as it will be showing alternate story lines.

poor Loki :sad:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

I think he'll turn up in like 10 years. They could do the storyline where his son brings him back? Especially given the now released lines in endgame. 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/avengers-endgame-robert-downey-jr-s-last-line-was-almost-you-are-so-Fed-instead-of-i-am-iron-man.html/

RDJ improvised many lines at his snap, the best being "You are so f'd."

They actually did reshoots because they thought all the funny or silly lines weren't the culmination of 22 movies.

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/avengers-endgame-robert-downey-jr-s-last-line-was-almost-you-are-so-Fed-instead-of-i-am-iron-man.html/

They actually did reshoots because they thought all the funny or silly lines weren't the culmination of 22 movies.

Wouldn't have had the same ring to it but would have been funny. 

12 hours ago, NOTW said:

Would Disney have allowed that?

28 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Would Disney have allowed that?

They shot it that way plus others the first time around with other curses and snarky/silly comments.  The article didn't indicate the cursing was the problem, but they felt it wasn't a great culmination of the 22 film series so they did the reshoots.  Unclear if Disney didn't want the curse or not or they just wanted the line to be I am Iron Man to link back to the first movie.

There are actually sites that count who has the most curse words.  Iron Man 2 has the F word, Gary Shandling's Senator says F you Buddy to Tony, but that was before Disney bought them.

They've had several other F words that were cut off:  Starlord says what the fu--, Aunt May gets cutoff saying it when she sees Peter as Spiderman, and of course Samuel Jackson before he gets dusted says Muthaf--.  In GOTG2, Rocket translates for Groot and says "Welcome to the frickin Guardians of the Galaxy...except he didn't say frickin."  Then says we're gonna talk about your language, which the carried that gag into Infinity War when they react to an "I am Groot" that was some type of curse.

They also debated whether Steve Rogers should use a curse in the beginning of Endgame.

https://screenrant.com/avengers-endgame-captain-america-swearing-bad-language-debate/

During an Instagram Live stream while rewatching Avengers: Endgame, directors Joe and Anthony Russo spoke about the scene early on in the movie when Captain America and his fellow remaining Avengers are discussing their mission to kill Thanos. The Russos said Steve Rogers' line, "Let's go get this son of a ****," was "hotly debated" behind the scenes, presumably because some were unsure whether Captain America should use bad language in Endgame. However, the Russos said they wanted something punchy to conclude the scene and lead into the title, so they kept the line.

I think it's good that Cap evolved.  The more he saw and experienced, the more jaded and gritty he got.  

Good move keeping the "I am Iron Man" line. Thought it wrapped up these movies appropriately, while kinda giving the official nod to IM being the Captain for lack of a better word of the group over CA, in this adaptation at least. Set up the passing of the torch nicely too with Spidey.  The shock value F bomb has been overdone especially recently. 

• 1 month later...

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/marvel-reportedly-agreed-brie-larsons-mcu-requests/

We previously heard that Larson wanted equal pay to her male co-stars, more creative input over her solo franchise and top billing in any major crossover projects that she was set to appear in, and now we’ve heard from our sources – the same ones that told us Percy Jackson is being rebooted as a streaming series and Ahsoka Tano will appear in The Mandalorian, both of which were correct – that she’s gotten her wish. And while it isn’t quite a Robert Downey Jr.-type deal, Larson will indeed become more heavily involved in shaping Captain Marvel’s arc and figuring out how she fits into the larger story being told in Phase Four and beyond, and the next time the Avengers are assembled, it’ll be her name that appears first in the trailers and on the poster. She’ll also be getting the higher pay she was seeking.

I didn't like the movie

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

The movie was a solid B-, but I don't think it was brought down in any way by her. Also, in 23ish films, it's still the only one revolving entirely around a female character, so it would make sense that she at least attempt to get accommodations befitting a Lead versus Supporting role. 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

The movie was a solid B-, but I don't think it was brought down in any way by her. Also, in 23ish films, it's still the only one revolving entirely around a female character, so it would make sense that she at least attempt to get accommodations befitting a Lead versus Supporting role. 

Agree to disagree

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Could they at least demand she gets on with doing a hell of a lot of squats.

how dare you body shame cpt marvel 

• Like 2

On 8/5/2020 at 9:07 AM, Mike030270 said:

Why would she get top billing in an Avengers movie unless she were taking Iron Man or Cap's place as leader.  I would think of the heroes left on Earth you'd have Falcon, Spider-man, Black Panther as top billed.

Also, this equity pay topic came up with Wonder Woman.  But those male co-stars also got a lesser amount in their first movies.  They get more money in the sequels after they are successful.  

In fact Brie Larson got $5 million for her first movie!  That's incredible, and more than the men got for their first movies.

• Iron Man 1: RDJ - $500,000
  • Thor 1: Hemsworth - $150,000
  • Captain America 1: Chris Evans - $1 million
  • GOTG1: Pratt - $1.5 million
  • Spiderman: Homecoming: Holland - $500,000
  • Ant-Man: Rudd - $1.5 million
  • Black Panther: Boseman - $2 million

Scarlett Johansson made $400,000 as a supporting actor in Iron Man 2.   Then she made $15 million in the first Avengers movie, again not even a solo.  She says she is paid on par with her male counterparts.  She made $15 million for her first solo film Black Widow that comes out later this year.  Hemsworth and Evans both got bumped up to $15 million per sequel.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/scarlett-johansson-marvel-salary-equal-male-cohorts/