Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

11 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Could they at least demand she gets on with doing a hell of a lot of squats.

Wish granted (sort of)

FB_IMG_1596394017407.jpg

Deceiving angle.  standing up from her video:

Brie Larson.PNG

• Like 2

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Why would she get top billing in an Avengers movie unless she were taking Iron Man or Cap's place as leader.  I would think of the heroes left on Earth you'd have Falcon, Spider-man, Black Panther as top billed.

Also, this equity pay topic came up with Wonder Woman.  But those male co-stars also got a lesser amount in their first movies.  They get more money in the sequels after they are successful.  

In fact Brie Larson got $5 million for her first movie!  That's incredible, and more than the men got for their first movies.

• Iron Man 1: RDJ - $500,000
  • Thor 1: Hemsworth - $150,000
  • Captain America 1: Chris Evans - $1 million
  • GOTG1: Pratt - $1.5 million
  • Spiderman: Homecoming: Holland - $500,000
  • Ant-Man: Rudd - $1.5 million
  • Black Panther: Boseman - $2 million

Scarlett Johansson made $400,000 as a supporting actor in Iron Man 2.   Then she made $15 million in the first Avengers movie, again not even a solo.  She says she is paid on par with her male counterparts.  She made $15 million for her first solo film Black Widow that comes out later this year.  Hemsworth and Evans both got bumped up to $15 million per sequel.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/scarlett-johansson-marvel-salary-equal-male-cohorts/

I read an article that said they expect Captain Marvel to take Iron Man and Captain America's place as lead. I don't think Larson can do that though. Scarlett was pregnant too

I'm surprised by Hemsworths first contract. Didn't know it was only $150k. I understand RDJ because they didn't know if people would like comic book movies. I guess Holland was because they didn't know how another Spider-Man would do and he's young

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

I read an article that said they expect Captain Marvel to take Iron Man and Captain America's place as lead. I don't think Larson can do that though. Scarlett was pregnant too

I'm surprised by Hemsworths first contract. Didn't know it was only $150k. I understand RDJ because they didn't know if people would like comic book movies. I guess Holland was because they didn't know how another Spider-Man would do and he's young

Actually Black Widow was a good candidate to lead the team and was doing so at the beginning of Endgame then they killed her off.  

They said they were splitting the stories between space and Earth.  So I never thought Marvel as a lead Avenger.  Her, GOTG and Thor are the space stories.  She wasn't even in IW and barely in Endgame.  

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Wish granted (sort of)

FB_IMG_1596394017407.jpg

Deceiving angle.  standing up from her video:

Brie Larson.PNG

She's got some way to go but it's improved. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

She's got some way to go but it's improved. 

If she wants to be top billed on the poster she's gotta beat out Cap

a95801b5484764cd3cd645bcd3932b88.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

No. Just no. He sucks.

disagree. did you see The Peanut Butter Falcon? 

6 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

or Honey Boy. The answer to our questions are "no". 

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

No, never heard of that.  I've seen him in a few movies and he sucks.  

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

you should watch. also has Dakota Johnson's fine arse in it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

you should watch. also has Dakota Johnson's fine arse in it. 

Meh.  She has no arse.  Besides, if all I want to see is a nice arse I don't need to sit through a movie with Shia in it.

4936352-6261947-Totally_trim_Johnson_loo

Just now, NOTW said:

he definitely has some "you love him or hate him" to him. I'm more of the former. I appreciate that he stepped away for a while and his method actor tendencies, although that has almost totally jumped the shark these days after Jared Leto pissing everyone off with the Joker stuff. 

I strongly suggest the movie I referenced. On Amazon Prime right now. SL is a slacker homeless loser who befriends a man with down syndrome who escapes his facility and SL tries to get him to location X to meet his favorite wrestler. Thought it was fun easy viewing. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

It’s a great movie. Your wife will love it too.  Watch it with her, it’ll score you some points.

Shia isn't as bad an actor as people make him out to be. Still no one is going to be able to follow up Jackman as Wolverine for awhile. He was one of those perfect castings that ruins the role for anyone following him for the forseeable future.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

Shia isn't as bad an actor as people make him out to be. Still no one is going to be able to follow up Jackman as Wolverine for awhile. He was one of those perfect castings that ruins the role for anyone following him for the forseeable future.

I mean, there is a way to do it which would be to fully embrace the Wolverine character the way it is in the Comics. Don’t get me wrong Jackman was brilliant in the role, he captured the spirit of Wolverine and made the part his own, but he doesn’t really match the description of Wolverine. Wolverine in the comics is very short, compact, and hairy. All of which playing into the animalistic persona. His power set also feature strong animal like senses and reflexes which the movies do not really explore. If the MCU were to go more that route they could differentiate their Wolverine from Jackman’s such that you aren’t really making a comparison.

I would argue that Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen were also perfectly cast. But I enjoyed McAvoy and Fassbender’s portrayals of the role in younger formats. (Until the ridiculous decades jumping kinda killed it).  Same with Nicholson and Ledger for the Joker. You just need to tell a different story for the character. If the MCU tries to recreate Jackman’s Wolverine they will fail. Create a new story and new arc for him, while staying true to the core elements of his character and you can create enough differences between the roles for them to coexist.

F it.  Make Michael Cera the next wolverine.  

The X-Men movies focused too much on Wolverine, plus he had 3 solo movies.

If MCU does X-men, pick a relative unknown actor and focus on the ensemble not Wolverine so much. First Class balanced the characters better but still put focus on 2-3 main stars.

17 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I mean, there is a way to do it which would be to fully embrace the Wolverine character the way it is in the Comics. Don’t get me wrong Jackman was brilliant in the role, he captured the spirit of Wolverine and made the part his own, but he doesn’t really match the description of Wolverine. Wolverine in the comics is very short, compact, and hairy. All of which playing into the animalistic persona. His power set also feature strong animal like senses and reflexes which the movies do not really explore. If the MCU were to go more that route they could differentiate their Wolverine from Jackman’s such that you aren’t really making a comparison.

I would argue that Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen were also perfectly cast. But I enjoyed McAvoy and Fassbender’s portrayals of the role in younger formats. (Until the ridiculous decades jumping kinda killed it).  Same with Nicholson and Ledger for the Joker. You just need to tell a different story for the character. If the MCU tries to recreate Jackman’s Wolverine they will fail. Create a new story and new arc for him, while staying true to the core elements of his character and you can create enough differences between the roles for them to coexist.

I guess that's true I'm sure it's possible.  Stewart/McKellen were great and they replaced them relatively well, but I do think that setting the show back in time and getting younger actors is a little different challenge then replacing the character entirely and even then I don't think most people have nearly the same strong attachment as they did to the original actors. The powerfulness of the goodbye they gave in "Logan" also makes a reboot of the character a bit harder IMO.  

I'm sure we'll have a new Wolverine at some point and I'm sure they can do it right.  As you pointed out we've had multiple iconic Jokers at this point.  I just think we need a bit of time after Jackman.  It was almost 20 years between Nicholson and Ledger. About 10 between Ledger and Phoenix (I think we can all agree to ignore Leto). Let it sit for a few years then totally reimagine the character would be the way to go IMO.

4 minutes ago, paco said:

F it.  Make Michael Cera the next wolverine.  

Googled it.  Was not disappointed

couch-crunchers-michael-cera-wolverine-m

buuuttttt.....

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol first short hair actors that came to mind were Jack Black and Danny DeVito

Danny is the clear winner

wolverine-danny-devito.jpg

• Haha 2

I don't think time is a problem because if it's done right then people will just move on from the old ones. Look at Spider-Man. Tobey Maguire played him from 2002-2007. Then Andrew Garfield was brought in from 2012-2014. It was only 2 years later that Tom Holland was brought in to Civil War in 2016 and get his own movie in 2017

Even though Jackman was taller people still loved him as Wolverine. Just have to find the right actor now and they'll be able to reboot it soon IMO

With the direction Hollywood is going, they’ll either make Wolverine a woman, or someone like Josh Gad or Jesse Eisenberg.