Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

I guess my point was, I’m willing to give them some leeway since they’ll need to introduce so much and need a way for it not to come out of nowhere. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

i still think capt started the multi timeline/verse deal by going back and having a life with agent carter. 

45 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i still think capt started the multi timeline/verse deal by going back and having a life with agent carter. 

Well in theory Tony started it by losing the Tesseract.  Loki steals the tesseract and escapes in endgame, meaning in that time line Loki is not present during Thor dark world, the Tesseract isn’t in Asgard’s vault and thus not with the Asgard refugees for Thanos to attack, and whatever else happens in the Disney plus show.

Then Nebula accidentally caused the next major time branch by allowing Past Thanos to arrive to earth 2024 with his army. This resulted in Tony’s snap removing Thanos, the chitari, and the black order entirely meaning that timeline has no snap. 

What creates a multiverse and branch reality still needs to be explained because the ancient one said the infinity stones cause the splits. Well if that’s true then my two examples exist because both the death of Thanos and his army and the Loki disappearance are caused by the stones.  However, if each individual interruption of the timeline (Thor’s talk with his mom), heil hydra, the conversation with howard stark, are enough then we have a lot of branch realities occurring.

10 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Well in theory Tony started it by losing the Tesseract.  Loki steals the tesseract and escapes in endgame, meaning in that time line Loki is not present during Thor dark world, the Tesseract isn’t in Asgard’s vault and thus not with the Asgard refugees for Thanos to attack, and whatever else happens in the Disney plus show.

Then Nebula accidentally caused the next major time branch by allowing Past Thanos to arrive to earth 2024 with his army. This resulted in Tony’s snap removing Thanos, the chitari, and the black order entirely meaning that timeline has no snap. 

What creates a multiverse and branch reality still needs to be explained because the ancient one said the infinity stones cause the splits. Well if that’s true then my two examples exist because both the death of Thanos and his army and the Loki disappearance are caused by the stones.  However, if each individual interruption of the timeline (Thor’s talk with his mom), heil hydra, the conversation with howard stark, are enough then we have a lot of branch realities occurring.

i actually forgot about the other breaches with stark and thor. i just saw the capt one as so egregious and easily pointed to as a reason. bottom line is they left the door open with multi opportunities to go with the multiverse. 

2 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

True, however Cap's final mission was to return the stones to where he found them so as not to disrupt those original timelines.  Did Cap return to the 60s to put the Tesseract back at the Army base and allow Loki to escape with it in 2012?  

You can do an Austin Powers "I've gone cross-eyed" thinking about how alternate timelines work.  Professor Hulk tried to explain that.  So snapping 2014's Thanos in 2019 doesn't mean the original snap never happened or any events after.  It's a new timeline.  Otherwise, snapping 2014 Thanos and removing him completely from that timeline would mean that he never got the stones to begin with, never killed Loki, Heimdall or Nebula or Vision, never did the snap, and none of the subsequent efforts in Endgame were necessary.  But it's not like Back to the Future where the past changes the present and future so photographs and newspapers automatically update.  Those events did happen but now there's a new timeline.

Also side note:  very risky to send Cap alone to return all the stones while others just hang out.  The reason they did that was for the shock factor of old Cap and revealing what he decided to do.  But given that each circumstance in returning the stone was tricky, seems odd to risk that.  

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

True, however Cap's final mission was to return the stones to where he found them so as not to disrupt those original timelines.  Did Cap return to the 60s to put the Tesseract back at the Army base and allow Loki to escape with it in 2012?  

You can do an Austin Powers "I've gone cross-eyed" thinking about how alternate timelines work.  Professor Hulk tried to explain that.  So snapping 2014's Thanos in 2019 doesn't mean the original snap never happened or any events after.  It's a new timeline.  Otherwise, snapping 2014 Thanos and removing him completely from that timeline would mean that he never got the stones to begin with, never killed Loki, Heimdall or Nebula or Vision, never did the snap, and none of the subsequent efforts in Endgame were necessary.  But it's not like Back to the Future where the past changes the present and future so photographs and newspapers automatically update.  Those events did happen but now there's a new timeline.

Also side note:  very risky to send Cap alone to return all the stones while others just hang out.  The reason they did that was for the shock factor of old Cap and revealing what he decided to do.  But given that each circumstance in returning the stone was tricky, seems odd to risk that.  

What I’m saying on 2014 Thanos is that the return of nebula to take the power stone created an alternative timeline where Thanos leaves to come to future.  No matter what Cap does in returning the power stone for quill to steal, Thanos isn’t coming back. Thus, in that alternative timeline the snap never happens. In the prime timeline, the snap always happened. 

As for Cap, he only has one space stone so it has to be either back to the 60s or back to 2012. Given we know the Disney + picks up after the events of endgame, it’s likely the 60s. In theory though he could try to prevent Loki from getting it but I don’t think that happens.

52 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

What I’m saying on 2014 Thanos is that the return of nebula to take the power stone created an alternative timeline where Thanos leaves to come to future.  No matter what Cap does in returning the power stone for quill to steal, Thanos isn’t coming back. Thus, in that alternative timeline the snap never happens. In the prime timeline, the snap always happened. 

As for Cap, he only has one space stone so it has to be either back to the 60s or back to 2012. Given we know the Disney + picks up after the events of endgame, it’s likely the 60s. In theory though he could try to prevent Loki from getting it but I don’t think that happens.

Yeah it all creates multiple timelines so it's kinda crazy to keep straight.  In Loki's new timeline he may or may not participate in the subsequent events the same way as we saw.  

In the 60s, Hank Pym likely notices that some of his particles are gone and perhaps discovers what happened and alters things as a result.

Multi-verses!  :lol:

33 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Yeah it all creates multiple timelines so it's kinda crazy to keep straight.  In Loki's new timeline he may or may not participate in the subsequent events the same way as we saw.  

We just have to remember one simple thing...

Back to the future of a bunch of bull ish. 

Remember that and we'll be OK. 

😆

• Haha 1

Let’s be honest, it doesn’t really matter how they go about it. All will be forgiven once the whole roster is out there running around fighting Galactus or whoever.

13 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

Let’s be honest, it doesn’t really matter how they go about it. All will be forgiven once the whole roster is out there running around fighting Galactus or whoever.

They already cast Kang, supposedly

The rumor is Jonathan Majors will be introduced as Kang in Ant Man 3

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Majors

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What's Kang's deal again? It'll certainly be interesting to see who the next big big bad is for the Avengers.

Basically a genius from the future.  No superpowers, just has technology far beyond our comprehension.

Kinda like if we went back to the stone age.  We could take out a village with an AK-47 and some body armor

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paco said:

Basically a genius from the future.  No superpowers, just has technology far beyond our comprehension.

Kinda like if we went back to the stone age.  We could take out a village with an AK-47 and some body armor

OK I mean that presents an interesting threat to the Avengers. Someone they almost can't fight fairly because he has tech far beyond their powers etc.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

OK I mean that presents an interesting threat to the Avengers. Someone they almost can't fight fairly because he has tech far beyond their powers etc.

It depend what Avengers you are talking about.  If you are talking about Ant Man yes, if you are talking about Captain Marvel or Thor then no.  

Rumor is they are going with Kang as the ruler of the Quantam City seen in Antman and the Wasp. Which I guess is the quantam realm is what makes time travel possible that could still jive with kang’s origins. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 8:56 AM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

DD is violent, some bad language but probably the most straightforward. Jessica Jones season 1 has some very heavy themes. I don’t want to spoil it but it’s a metaphor for trauma that may not be the most suitable for families.  Also while no nudity, there is a fairly explicit sex scene in season 1. Season 1 is very dark. Luke Cage has a lot of language but relatively clean. Iron First is probably the most family friendly of the bunch. Punisher is very violent. 

doesn't luke cage bang that female detective early on in season 1?  :whistle:  pretty sure i remember seeing her boobies!   

On 10/15/2020 at 11:45 AM, mr_hunt said:

doesn't luke cage bang that female detective early on in season 1?  :whistle:  pretty sure i remember seeing her boobies!   

Yeah, but I don’t recall it being as bad as some of the stuff in JJ season 1. Been awhile since i rewatched LC 1

Can anyone explain how Cap returned the soul and power stones?  I don’t think this was discussed

3 hours ago, paco said:

Can anyone explain how Cap returned the soul and power stones?  I don’t think this was discussed

What do you mean? He time travelled... well for the power stone not the soul stone. Who knows how that went especially coming face to face with red skull. 

30 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What do you mean? He time travelled... well for the power stone not the soul stone. Who knows how that went especially coming face to face with red skull. 

How did he get there?  They didn’t send him with a ship like gamora, Hawkeye, war machine and nebula 

11 minutes ago, paco said:

How did he get there?  They didn’t send him with a ship like gamora, Hawkeye, war machine and nebula 

They used a time portal like they did earlier in the movie. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They used a time portal like they did earlier in the movie. 

Earlier in the movie they literally flew to get the soul stone

23 minutes ago, paco said:

Earlier in the movie they literally flew to get the soul stone

Yes... They went to Morag to get the power stone and separately the soul stone. 

21 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yes... They went to Morag to get the power stone and separately the soul stone. 

And they flew to Morag too, btw. 

so if they could just teleport there, why didn’t they.  The fact that they had to fly to both locations means cap had to fly there as well otherwise the would have just teleported and not risk a ship.  But he didn’t have a ship or a pilot, so how did he get there?

3 hours ago, paco said:

And they flew to Morag too, btw. 

so if they could just teleport there, why didn’t they.  The fact that they had to fly to both locations means cap had to fly there as well otherwise the would have just teleported and not risk a ship.  But he didn’t have a ship or a pilot, so how did he get there?

I don't believe his hands were checked at the time gate. He easily could have been holding a pimmed tie fighter.