Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

57 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

To be fair it's a bit like Dwayne Johnson. 

The Rock was built for popcorn action and comedy movies. I never liked wrestling but one of my college friends liked it. I saw one scene of The Rock in wrestling and said he's going to be a star.

I think he knows how to perform. Potentially with coaching and the right director he could do more. But he's too known and typecast. He would need to do some smaller scale indie character driven movies to gain practice if he wants to do more.

Cena doesn't have that potential. Bautista was good as Drax, I haven't seen anything else he's done. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

The Rock was built for popcorn action and comedy movies. I never liked wrestling but one of my college friends liked it. I saw one scene of The Rock in wrestling and said he's going to be a star.

I think he knows how to perform. Potentially with coaching and the right director he could do more. But he's too known and typecast. He would need to do some smaller scale indie character driven movies to gain practice if he wants to do more.

Cena doesn't have that potential. Bautista was good as Drax, I haven't seen anything else he's done. 

You sure?

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1176985/

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Only other movie is Spectre. A henchman role isn't going to stand out. I barely remember that movie, it was boring and terrible. His quote made it sound like he thinks he's Daniel Day Lewis or something. 

Bautista is excellent in Blade Runner 2049. A really excellent performance. I think Bautista has more range than the Rock. 

20 hours ago, NOTW said:

3 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Bautista is excellent in Blade Runner 2049. A really excellent performance. I think Bautista has more range than the Rock. 

I watched a film called Stuber where he was 1 of 2 main characters.  He played a PD detective chasing after a drug lord.  The character wasn't the one dimensional tough guy cop that's more the norm in these films, he had some issues and a physical limitation so Bautista had to bring some humility to the role.  I thought he was pretty good.

On 9/26/2020 at 3:01 PM, NOTW said:

Dude owns his own football league, I doubt he's gonna start doing indie movies to hone his acting :roll:

38 minutes ago, BFit said:

Dude owns his own football league, I doubt he's gonna start doing indie movies to hone his acting :roll:

That's fine he doesn't need to. He's popular and rich. 

But if the argument is about his acting skills then if he would ever want to improve there is potential if he put in the work. 

21 hours ago, NOTW said:

Disappointing, but not because of Foxx. I was hoping to see another new villain in Spider-Man movies, just to show his gallery of villains. I was hoping it’d be Kraven, and scorpion in a lesser role. 

if this is for a sinister six storyline though I’m absolutely here for it

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Disappointing, but not because of Foxx. I was hoping to see another new villain in Spider-Man movies, just to show his gallery of villains. I was hoping it’d be Kraven, and scorpion in a lesser role. 

if this is for a sinister six storyline though I’m absolutely here for it

Spidey is one of the marvel characters with the most array of villains and yet... You're right we are potentially repeating the same one. 

I want to see Kingpin in the MCU. Have Arnold Vosloo or Liev Schreiber play him. 

On 10/3/2020 at 5:21 PM, 20dawk4life said:

I want to see Kingpin in the MCU. Have Arnold Vosloo or Liev Schreiber play him. 

If they are bringing Kingpin into the MCU, give it to Vincent D'Onofrio.  He :censored: killed it in the Daredevil series and we're really close to them being able to use the characters and actors from the Netflix shows in their own movies.  His performance in season 3 is amazing!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

If they are bringing Kingpin into the MCU, give it to Vincent D'Onofrio.  He :censored: killed it in the Daredevil series and we're really close to them being able to use the characters and actors from the Netflix shows in their own movies.  His performance in season 3 is amazing!

Haven’t watched it. Can’t get into daredevil at all. 

1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

He's also done film so it's not like it would be taking a small screen star and putting them into the movies.  I think it could work.

42 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Daredevil on Netflix is excellent.  If you like comic book content you may like it.  It's dark and gritty and not at all bad like the Affleck movie.  It also introduces The Punisher which also is a good show.

2 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

This^^^^^^^^

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

It’s definitely slow at first and takes a bit to get into, but I personally think it’s the best superhero tv show that’s been made in recent memory. Of course The Boys is on a path to change that. 

On 10/5/2020 at 4:50 PM, NOTW said:

Daredevil on Netflix is excellent.  If you like comic book content you may like it.  It's dark and gritty and not at all bad like the Affleck movie.  It also introduces The Punisher which also is a good show.

yeah you cant miss on the netflix marvel shows if you just ignore the ironfist series. 

7 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

yeah you cant miss on the netflix marvel shows if you just ignore the ironfist series. 

Season 2 of JJ was kinda Meh.  Haven't gotten around to season 3.  But LC is solid, Punisher is excellent, and DD is one of the best Superhero Shows out there. 

7 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

I don't think I even finished Iron Fist. It just sucked. JJ season 2 sucked. Couldn't try season 3

The other Marvel shows were awesome

I honestly havent see any of them but love the movies. Worth it?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, paco said:

I honestly havent see any of them but love the movies. Worth it?

You would enjoy most. The first DD episode starts our wildly cartoonish (I thought the child actor as young Matt Murdock just felt like a student film project), but once past that it’s well done and has a very serious and professionally made feel and tone to it