Don't be fooled by that angle.

On 8/6/2020 at 10:50 AM, NOTW said:

Wish granted (sort of)

FB_IMG_1596394017407.jpg

Deceiving angle.  standing up from her video:

Brie Larson.PNG

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wandavision looks so strange and unique and I’m all for it. This may be the one I’m most excited for and that trailer did nothing to change that opinion.

1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Wandavision looks so strange and unique and I’m all for it. This may be the one I’m most excited for and that trailer did nothing to change that opinion.

I think TV especially Disney+ format now is a great way to do those kind of off the wall stories.  Doing a movie of something like that would be too out there.  This plus the What If series, Loki, Hawkeye.  That would feel like squeezing the sponge too much for movies but streaming TV is a perfect format.  

It's too bad one of these shows wasn't on Disney+ earlier.  I'm also really looking forward to Falcon and Winter Soldier.  I hope it's the same kind of vibe as Captain America: Winter Soldier.

25 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I think TV especially Disney+ format now is a great way to do those kind of off the wall stories.  Doing a movie of something like that would be too out there.  This plus the What If series, Loki, Hawkeye.  That would feel like squeezing the sponge too much for movies but streaming TV is a perfect format.  

It's too bad one of these shows wasn't on Disney+ earlier.  I'm also really looking forward to Falcon and Winter Soldier.  I hope it's the same kind of vibe as Captain America: Winter Soldier.

Agreed. Reportedly Wandavision plays right into the next Dr. Strange which makes sense. Even with all the goofiness in the trailer, the trailer gives off a darker undercurrent Vibe that I think will ultimately leave Wanda in a bad state by the end of the series. The wine bottle they show repeatedly  in the trailer says Maison du Mepris which is French for House of Contempt or Misery. There is also a giant M on the bottle. Could just be subtle nod to the House of M storyline, but if they are going full in on the house of M arch, then we’re in for a darker series that could set Scarlett witch on a great character arch for phase 4 on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Agreed. Reportedly Wandavision plays right into the next Dr. Strange which makes sense. Even with all the goofiness in the trailer, the trailer gives off a darker undercurrent Vibe that I think will ultimately leave Wanda in a bad state by the end of the series. The wine bottle they show repeatedly  in the trailer says Maison du Mepris which is French for House of Contempt or Misery. There is also a giant M on the bottle. Could just be subtle nod to the House of M storyline, but if they are going full in on the house of M arch, then we’re in for a darker series that could set Scarlett witch on a great character arch for phase 4 on.

I know nothing about the comics that inspired this, but it seems the 50s housewife thing is either hallucinations/dreams in her mind or something, or it's an alternate reality she created to imagine a "perfect life" with Vision.  There are other action shots that look like modern day.

Very excited for Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.  Putting him and Wanda together in a movie like that is interesting.  I just hope the production crew executes it well.  Something like that can go off the rails easily.

I won’t spoil it but your in the ballpark. This series will be very different from the House of M comics, in part because House of M is heavily reliant on the existence of mutants. However, the core premise will likely be used and adapted.

18 hours ago, NOTW said:

As long as Disney+ doesn't charge extra like they did with Mulan then I'm all for it

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

As long as Disney+ doesn't charge extra like they did with Mulan then I'm all for it

They're not, these are planned original content for the paid subscription.  They even said Mulan was a special event and they don't plan on doing their movie releases like that.  You never know if they make money and change their mind for movie releases.  But the TV shows are planned in the subscription offering.

Wandavision has now intrigued me. For some reason I thought there would be none of the superhero type stuff when I heard the concept of it but actually there is and I'm down with it. 

20 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Wandavision has now intrigued me. For some reason I thought there would be none of the superhero type stuff when I heard the concept of it but actually there is and I'm down with it. 

debating picking up disney+ given what i've seen from the trailer. 

30 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

sooooooooooooooo.....black panther 2 ? Michael Jai White ? 

22 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Going to be Shuri I'd imagine...

My thought and hope. Fills a need and it sticks to the source material.

8 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

At first I didn't like it, but he actually does remind me of the comic version.

https://movieweb.com/spider-man-movie-spinoff-john-cena-sandman/

Although he is going to be in DC's The Suicide Squad. I don't know whether Marvel cares about casting a guy who played a character in their competitor's world.

But the dude can't act. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

At first I didn't like it, but he actually does remind me of the comic version.

https://movieweb.com/spider-man-movie-spinoff-john-cena-sandman/

Although he is going to be in DC's The Suicide Squad. I don't know whether Marvel cares about casting a guy who played a character in their competitor's world.

It's happened a lot where the same actor plays a role in a DC and Marvel based movie, some of them are just minor characters listed at the bottom of the link.  Link here.  

If you want specifically the MCU by Marvel Studios only where they hired an actor previously in a DC movie:

• Michael Keaton as Vulture - DC Batman
  • Lawrence Fishburne in Ant-Man & The Wasp - DC's Batman v Superman
  • Angela Bassett in Black Panther - DC Green Lantern
  • Michelle Pfieffer in Ant-Man & The Wasp - DC Batman Returns
  • Benjamin Bratt in Doctor Strange - DC's Catwoman
  • J.K. Simmons in Spider-Man Far From Home - DC's Gordon in Justice League
  • Tommy Lee Jones in Captain America - DC's Batman Forever
  • Taika Waitit in Thor Ragnarok - DC's Green Lantern
  • Ben Mendelsohn in Captain Marvel - DC's Dark Knight Rises
  • Chris Pine voiced Spider-Man Into the Spiderverse - DC's Wonder Woman
  • This one's a stretch:  Josh Brolin as Thanos - DC's Jonah Hex

21 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But the dude can't act. 

This is my problem with the casting. Dude can't act at all

Don't know how he's been able to get so many roles

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

This is my problem with the casting. Dude can't act at all

Don't know how he's been able to get so many roles

To be fair it's a bit like Dwayne Johnson. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

To be fair it's a bit like Dwayne Johnson. 

He's been doing the same roles for years

Bautista just recently took a jab at them too

"There is something about The Rock that’s really special. I’d never take that away from him. Would I consider him a great actor? F no. The Rock and John Cena are wrestlers who became movie stars. I’m something else. I was a wrestler. Now, I’m an actor.”

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

He's been doing the same roles for years

Bautista just recently took a jab at them too

Don't get me wrong... I like The Rock. I'll watch stuff with him in because I do think he brings something. But he's not a good actor.