GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants. 11-15-20 @ 1PM

EagleJoe8

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Let’s be honest. 2017 was the anomaly and not the norm. 7-9, 9-7, 9-7, and whatever this season will be excluding 2017 is what this team really is. 

And this team sure as hell isn't getting near 7 or 9 wins.

It’s only gonna get worse from here on out and things are gonna get really ugly the rest of the games and major changes must be made during the off-season. That’s the reality and we may not win another game

Just now, NOTW said:

Can we please agree to stop blaming injuries? They had Lane, Sanders, Goedert and Reagor back and a healthy defense.

Injuries have nothing to do with it. They are garbage even at full strength.

2 minutes ago, Greenakers2 said:

Nah, I think it's a bit more complicated than that.

yes, that's an oversimplification of course. but i think we'd have a better offense right now with them instead of carson/doug. 

defense is another issue altogether 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Giants or Washington, I don't care either way. I still hate Dallas too much to want them in it.

Agreed.  I probably dislike NY slightly less than I do WFT but either would be fine.  I just don’t want the birds to do so. 

4 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Reich was the one that shouldn't have been let go... 

He wasn't let go, he was offered a head coaching job. Can't stop that from happening.

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Wentz tendency to sail balls isn't play design, even some catches that are made get stopped instantly because the receiver has to go up to get it, which doesn't need to happen when it's a regulation throw to a guy sat in a soft spot over the middle.

Right because he throws a lot of balls flat footed which is back to coaching.  Why isn't that being corrected? 

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Eagles have a very tough stretch the next 5 games. 

I'd say impossible lol.

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Let’s be honest. 2017 was the anomaly and not the norm. 7-9, 9-7, 9-7, and whatever this season will be excluding 2017 is what this team really is. 

Lightning in a bottle, like Nicks 27-2 season, as they say.

6 minutes ago, phil77 said:

I think I am at the point where I would want Doug to go before Carson but I don't think Doug will go anyplace.  I do not think Doug is a good coach and is the biggest problem with the team.  

I want Howie to go first. His moves are the problem here. The Eagles seem to have more undrafted free agents doing more for them than actual Howie picks. This Hurts pick was the last straw for me. The Eagles are not good enough to waste second round picks on gimmicky players. That’s Howie thinking he’s the smartest guy in room again. 

Well that was another frustrating Sunday, this team is so hard to watch. Schwartz scheme is so bass ackwards and Doug's play calling does zero players favors, just head scratching decisions.

Wentz looks worse than he did as a rookie his accuracy is so off and most the time it looks like he has no idea where to go with the ball.

Doug's decision to go for 2 when kicking the extra point to get with in 3 was mind numbingly stupid, just coaching 101 stupid stuff that seems to be the weekly norm from this team

This team found a new low today. 27 points given up to the Giants? Only 17 scored? That offense is a disgrace from the play caller to the QB. The time has come, I'm firmly off the Wentz train. He needs to be benched. 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He wasn't let go, he was offered a head coaching job. Can't stop that from happening.

I know that. So they let him walk. What i mean is the wrong guy was made HC.

6 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Come on people, did you honestly think after the mess this team put on the field the first half of the season they were going to magically flip after the bye?

1. The defensive scheme is horrible. 

2. Wentz looks confused, unsettled and inaccurate in most of all his throws. 

3. Doug obviously can't do this alone, his play calling his horrible and he clearly benefited from the previous coaching staff during the super bowl run.

4. Howie and his mess of a philosophy will cost this team for years to come. No money. Horrible back ended contracts, Paying Aging vets, missed draft picks etc. etc.

5. This is in fact our new norm until Lurie grows a set and makes some changes.

Nope. Under Doug, they're worse after a bye.

This is the first time i really hope they win all the remaining games. Nothing to gain this season. Getting to the playoffs has nothing to gain this season apart for job security for the coaching staff. 

This is a tough day to be an Eagles fan. 

So many changes need to be made but Lurie won’t make them. 

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

And this team sure as hell isn't getting near 7 or 9 wins.

Yeah this team gets all their players back and somehow look worse. It shouldn’t be all that surprising, because they had all of their players when they lost to washington. It’s a bad put together football team with bad coaching, and an overrated franchise quarterback. 

The more I think about it, the first step to fixing this team has to be improving the OLine and having a strong running game. 

Archived