GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants. 11-15-20 @ 1PM

EagleJoe8

4 minutes ago, xstonr said:

Doug not looking good at his presser.

he looks and sounds deflated doesn't he?

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

LOL!  Dumbest post of the day nominee.  

what is there to lose at this point? at some point reality must set in....

5 minutes ago, xstonr said:

Doug not looking good at his presser.

Frankly I don’t see how he could. His football team looked completely unprepared to play football. 

Doug just cited work ethic, intensity in practice and not being on the same page as factors in slow starts.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Frankly I don’t see how he could. His football team looked completely unprepared to play football. 

Agreed. He's having a very bad year. I mean the whole situation this week with Favre and Doug not unequivocally backing his QB was very strange. Either he did it on purpose, and that's a bad sign for this team or he didn't realise and guess what? That's bad for this team because that's just dumb. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. He's having a very bad year. I mean the whole situation this week with Favre and Doug not unequivocally backing his QB was very strange. Either he did it on purpose, and that's a bad sign for this team or he didn't realise and guess what? That's bad for this team because that's just dumb. 

Doug’s never been very good with the media, but if he can’t see the issues of his response then that’s a problem. With that being the case it’s not like Carson is playing well enough to deserve any backing. He’s been horrible this season. Yeah he had some drops today, but still he stunk up the joint himself. 

20 minutes ago, QuinnWR4 said:

Also, I can’t get behind the idea of tanking the rest of the season, because what would that get us? No one major from the coaching staff or front office will be fired. Sure we’ll get a top 10 pick but how could you even trust this FO to make quality draft picks that this team can build on? 

I know we’re not contenders this year, but I’d rather see them win games than lose them. 

Tank? They don't need to tank- the are going to lose out anyway- they are THAT bad.

just wow. thats all i have to say. let the giants win the division. that was terrible. We need a new coach and soon. fire doug now. see how duce does for the rest of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Tank? They don't need to tank- the are going to lose out anyway- they are THAT bad.

Yup. They're TRYING to win and look like they're tanking. Thats truly comedy.

Same story all year. Wentz’ throwing off his back foot and can’t hit open receivers. Running game was going well but Doug doesn’t run it enough.

30 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Honestly it's a lot wrong so that's why I'm bringing up other issues. Wentz is part of the blame as well. I never said he wasn't. All I'm saying is we can still win with Wentz but not this current coaching regime. Doug is the HC and I question his decision making and plays more than anything. That's my #1 issue with Schwartz obviously goes without saying, but again, that falls on Doug as well since he's the HC. I believe Wentz would be a top 5 QB on several other teams with a better structure and coaching regime. 

Trade him to one of those teams with better structure and coaching regime. 

1 minute ago, Next_Up said:

Trade him to one of those teams with better structure and coaching regime. 

Frankly I don’t really care where he goes at this point. With that being the case I have major doubts about Hurts also. 

Insufficient talent, bad coaching, poor leadership resulting in eroding skills everywhere except RB, and ST seems OK. Funny that Duce and Fipp were holdovers and they seem the most effective coaches.

My Hot Seat: Howie, Doug, Schwartz, the Committee of Offense, Carson...in that order. Cox is 1 step away. One more out of gas in the 2nd Quarter performance by him and I say he's on the trade block with Ertz and Alshon.

43 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

This is a tough day to be an Eagles fan. 

So many changes need to be made but Lurie won’t make them. 

He's got a handy excuse - Covid and all the attendant disruptions. There's some legitimacy to that but the Super Bowl has been 3 years ago and the main reason we made the playoffs the past 2 years is the NFC East is pretty crappy. I doubt Schwartz will be back so that may help - or not.

Just now, eglz1 said:

He's got a handy excuse - Covid and all the attendant disruptions. There's some legitimacy to that but the Super Bowl has been 3 years ago and the main reason we made the playoffs the past 2 years is the NFC East is pretty crappy. I doubt Schwartz will be back so that may help - or not.

There is, but there’s no excuse for the poor drafts and poor cap management. 

Just now, Road to Victory said:

There is, but there’s no excuse for the poor drafts and poor cap management. 

And I think that, more than the Covid 19 disruptions are the root cause of the current mess. Howie's only going to be able to kick the can down the road so far.

56 minutes ago, nipples said:

And you know this, how?

Because he never runs a traditional play....ever.  And Carson hasn’t been benched yet despite being atrocious in several games.  And doug has eluded to hurts "packages” several times which tells me that he’s not learning this offense and running plays at qb in practice.  

48 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t know if this game was designed not to get the ball to Fulgham, but they really did a poor job today of getting him involved in the offense until it was way too late. 

Alshon came back... Would have stayed with current lineup. Alshon didn't add much.

21 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Doug’s never been very good with the media, but if he can’t see the issues of his response then that’s a problem. With that being the case it’s not like Carson is playing well enough to deserve any backing. He’s been horrible this season. Yeah he had some drops today, but still he stunk up the joint himself. 

No you are right there Doug isn't good with the media but surely even he must have seen the issue with his response?

Just now, XoqTionR said:

Alshon came back... Would have stayed with current lineup. Alshon didn't add much.

Alshon didn’t do anything either though. Ward got the ball more than everyone else it seemed. I didn’t even see Hightower either. The receivers just didn’t seem like much of a factor at all. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No you are right there Doug isn't good with the media but surely even he must have seen the issue with his response?

I comes back to Carson’s play. This stuff isn’t an issue if he weren’t getting out played nearly every week. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I comes back to Carson’s play. This stuff isn’t an issue if he weren’t getting out played nearly every week. 

Agreed. He's sucked all year. He continues to suck. It's time. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. He's sucked all year. He continues to suck. It's time. 

I mean Jones looked miles ahead of Carson in development today. I don’t think Carson gets the blame for this loss, but he did absolutely nothing to win it either. He’s not the special talent we thought he was. The Eagles look bad for giving him the money now. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I mean Jones looked miles ahead of Carson in development today. I don’t think Carson gets the blame for this loss, but he did absolutely nothing to win it either. He’s not the special talent we thought he was. The Eagles look bad for giving him the money now. 

Wentz is pretty much a JAG at this point.

Archived