GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants. 11-15-20 @ 1PM

EagleJoe8

The team has too many problems. Wentz will probably be here next season per the contract. So it will take time to rebuild. What is most frustrating that they had an extra week to prepare and got outcoached and out played by the Giants.

4 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

Jus need to clean sumthins up

Like player personnel scouting, coaching, mid week preparation, and players playing ****. Aside from that, we're right there.

3 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

I dunno Packers only jus beat Jax by jus 4 at home. Day sketchy

We could be worse than Jax right now.

2 minutes ago, AzBirdGang said:

Really needed Washington to win..... Ugh 

They'll beat us again to end the season.

The season might be a wrap now. If can't best Giants not going nowhere. No turnovers by Wentz, but lot of high thrown balls and passes behind players.

I don’t know if this game was designed not to get the ball to Fulgham, but they really did a poor job today of getting him involved in the offense until it was way too late. 

10 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

Why do you need to keep invoking other issues? You wrote it was the defense, now it’s Pederson. The topic is Wentz. The birds are going to lose this game because Daniel Jones made throws and Wentz missed throws. 

Honestly it's a lot wrong so that's why I'm bringing up other issues. Wentz is part of the blame as well. I never said he wasn't. All I'm saying is we can still win with Wentz but not this current coaching regime. Doug is the HC and I question his decision making and plays more than anything. That's my #1 issue with Schwartz obviously goes without saying, but again, that falls on Doug as well since he's the HC. I believe Wentz would be a top 5 QB on several other teams with a better structure and coaching regime. 

23 minutes ago, Ewaeagle said:

Screw this team and coaching staff for not being ready after a bye week.  Time for a total rebuild.  Get rid of all the lazy ass veterans on this team that have no drive and leadership.

I don't disagree. A LOT of coaches and players need to be swept out the door and start all over again. That much is clear. This can't be fixed, it needs to be CHANGED.

2 minutes ago, brinbe said:

yes, that's an oversimplification of course. but i think we'd have a better offense right now with them instead of carson/doug. 

defense is another issue altogether 

I've expressed my viewpoint before, but it's been awhile..............

To understand the problems offensively, you have to remember how the Eagles attacked in 2017.  They don't do that now.  They attacked first down.  They attacked the sticks.  They were able to realize that down/distance was the key to doing what they wanted.  It took the KC loss in week 2 before somebody got to Pederson and told him that 0 carries for Blount in a game was unacceptable-and not going to be repeated.

Sufficiently chastised, he made a concession and used the running game more effectively.  Rhythm + a slightly more balanced attack got Wentz in a groove he never lost until the goalline in L.A.

Foles, a more accurate deep thrower, shook off the rust after Atlanta and went on his now famous run.  Nick is a purer passer-of that there can be little doubt.  The Eagles didn't abandon what got them there though.  Incorporated the threat of run with the RPO to give Nick a blanket that made him comfortable again.

What changed?  Besides the departed braintrust, my argument remains the lack of offensive assistants capable of MAKING Doug adjust.  He doesn't respect anybody in the room now enough to change his spots-with a QB who is more Joe Kapp than Peyton Manning. Reich had more pelts on the wall than Doug as a play-caller.  He had to listen.  Wentz needs contact to get in rhythm.  The more he attacks defenses physically and gets into games the better he plays.  He needs the run game.  Pederson hates it.  There-besides Roseman's thumbs on the draft-lies the heart of the problem. 

Defense?  People here complained about the Wide-9 from the time Schwartz was hired......................  Brady exposed.  /Endgame.  

7 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

They'll beat us again to end the season.

We could win this division with 4 wins.... I'm very worried about that. 

3 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

0 for 8 on 3rd down. Says all we need to know. This is a bad football team.

4gmmd3.jpg

Also, I can’t get behind the idea of tanking the rest of the season, because what would that get us? No one major from the coaching staff or front office will be fired. Sure we’ll get a top 10 pick but how could you even trust this FO to make quality draft picks that this team can build on? 

I know we’re not contenders this year, but I’d rather see them win games than lose them. 

It’s tough to root against the team but if they lose out maybe Lurie will actually make some changes. 

4 minutes ago, AzBirdGang said:

We could win this division with 4 wins.... I'm very worried about that. 

Yeah, and then we’ll be picking in the low 20’s after a first round playoff loss. 
And, of course, Howie and Doug will be back and maybe even Schwartz. 

Just now, Road to Victory said:

Yeah, and then we’ll be picking in the low 20’s after a first round playoff loss. 

2 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

And when you look at the 1st round picks past few years you will realize that it even doesn't matter which position we are drafting from...

16 minutes ago, QuinnWR4 said:

The more I think about it, the first step to fixing this team has to be improving the OLine and having a strong running game. 

The last time the Eagles had a coach fully committed to running the football was Ray Rhodes. 60-40 pass/run is probably the best we could hope for. With that being the case Doug seems to forget his team was in the top five in rushing for the 2017 season. He also had two bruising type backs that year too though. 

29 minutes ago, 700Level4Life said:

I wonder what wonderful insight we will get from Doug Pederson during his press conference. Today and tomorrow. 

From Doug, Wentz, Schwartz and everyone else, you will get the standard "We/I have to do a better job and clean that up." NO sh**, so why do you all NEVER actually DO THAT??!!

you know, I'd be fine with Starting Hurts for the remainder of the season...put Carson on IR...just say that he hurt his ankle when he stepped on his O lineman....If Schwartz goes...i hope the next guy has the balls to say that the team desperately needs youth and LBs..an don't be afraid to trade some high profile guys...trade Cox....some will say that's crazy..he's a top 5 DT...all the more reason..trade high and get value...don't wait a year too long....follow the Pats model..Bill B was never afraid to trade a year early...rumor is he wanted to trade brady a couple years ago and give the team to jimmy G...imagine the haul he would have gotten...

problem is Howie is doing his best Dan Snyder imitation...hanging on to guys....signing aged veterans...and drafting poorly on top of it..so how can there possibly be success with this formula?

30 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Aren’t the Eagles still technically ahead of the Giants in the division though? 😂😂😂

Ummm, I think you are correct. That tie Doug went for is his ace in the hole. That tie is the difference between 1st and second place in the division. 🤣

3 minutes ago, xstonr said:

There are more pluses in NOT winning the division. Better pick and easier schedule too.

Considering the teams they’re about to play they might not have a choice in the matter. 

2 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

you know, I'd be fine with Starting Hurts for the remainder of the season...put Carson on IR...just say that he hurt his ankle when he stepped on his O lineman....If Schwartz goes...i hope the next guy has the balls to say that the team desperately needs youth and LBs

LOL!  Dumbest post of the day nominee.  

Archived