GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants. 11-15-20 @ 1PM

EagleJoe8

0 for 9 on 3rd downs for the O. 11 penalties. LOL

They earned this loss. Just so bad. On ALL levels.

Also, on ALL levels on the O and D, there is NOT one group that doesn't need improvements.  They ALL stink!!!!!!!

0 for 9 on 3rd downs. Doug tried to pass it off as if they were all long yardage situations when at least 3 of them were less than 3 yards to go. If you go o for 9 on 3rd downs, you aren't going to win.  Some of that is definitely playcalling.

1 minute ago, LacesOut said:

0 for 9 on 3rd downs for the O. 11 penalties. LOL

They earned this loss. Just so bad. On ALL levels.

Also, on ALL levels on the O and D, there is NOT one group that doesn't need improvements.  They ALL stink!!!!!!!

You just barely beat me with that. That is the ball game right there. Plus, the defense starting the game poorly and giving up that fast drive in the 2nd half after we scored.

23 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I mean Jones looked miles ahead of Carson in development today. I don’t think Carson gets the blame for this loss, but he did absolutely nothing to win it either. He’s not the special talent we thought he was. The Eagles look bad for giving him the money now. 

That's the thing. He wasn't bad in the sense of turning it over. He wasn't terrible overall in that he didn't miss wide open guys on every play. But he looks lost, he's inaccurate, he can't beat defenses, he misses guys. He just looks like a bad QB out there. Not a guy lacking confidence just a guy that isn't good. 

1 hour ago, Eagleblood52 said:

ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR THIS LOSS!!!!!

HORRIBLE!!!

There's actually a very good and valid excuse - the Eagles are not a good football team in any way, shape, or form.          Badly constructed and poorly coached.       

The talent was and has been highly overrated because of 2017,  when everything fell into place for that one glorious season.

The coach was overrated, benefiting in 2017 from an excellent offensive staff and career years from a lot of decent players.          His "QB Guru" reputation has been damaged badly by Wentz' failure to progress.

The GM was (and still is in the national media) horribly overrated, with a badly flawed system for team building that has been exposed by the continued mediocre drafts.          'Locking up' above average talent with awful, back ended contracts and depending on bargain free agent signings will never be a substitute for building a core from solid drafting and using FA simply for depth.        He struck gold with every move in 2017, but has been exposed ever since.

This is an organization in desperate need of a housecleaning, but sadly this entire mess was constructed by Lurie, and will require a humbleness that I'm not sure he possesses.

there is no real defense of carson missing guys high all of the time from the pocket; however i've never seen an nfl team that never schemes guys open. i'm watching red zone and i'm seeing guys running free all over the place. to me the bulk of the issues are howie and doug. howie has destroyed this team with awful drafting and large backloaded contracts. the trickle down of his bad drafts is pathetic. his 2017 drafting of sidney jones and rasul at 2/3 neither of whom remain on the team, led to the trickle down of needing to pay a ton to slay. not picking one of the huge numbers of rb's in the draft when we took pumphrey, led to us having to spend a 2nd on miles sanders, when guys like kamara, kareem hunt, james conner etc were all later picks and are very good players. probably the most egregious of all was taking jjaw when the obvious pick was dk. of course that disaster led us to having to use a #1 this year on a wr. not to mention that in the 5th rd last year, we threw away a pick to take thorsen when 4 picks later the giants took darius slayton.. then to top it off, he has to go against the chalk again and takes reagor when the obvious moves were to trade up for ceedee or take JJ. hell, even guys taken much later have looked better that reagor- aiyuk, hamler, tee higgins have all contributed much more. doug has no clue how to call plays. we run the most boring, vanilla offense i've ever seen. then he refuses to run the ball after sanders goes for 11/82 in the first half. tbc..

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

Tank? They don't need to tank- the are going to lose out anyway- they are THAT bad.

Well, let me say I’m against rooting for them to lose or hoping they lose. But you’re right they are bad enough to lose out anyway. 

Best prepare yourselves for at least 2 more years of this nightmare before Lurie gets his head out of his ass. Howie and Doug and Wentz are going nowhere this offseason.

Schwartz will likely be the fall guy since his contract is up, and COVID will provide an easy excuse for suckage.

Blow it up. Trade the vets with value for draft picks. Hire a new GM and Coaching staff. Rebuild the core of this team through the draft.

7 minutes ago, Madriver said:

Best prepare yourselves for at least 2 more years of this nightmare before Lurie gets his head out of his ass. Howie and Doug and Wentz are going nowhere this offseason.

Schwartz will likely be the fall guy since his contract is up, and COVID will provide an easy excuse for suckage.

i agree with everything but the bolded. Every team has to deal with the COVID issue and some of them are doing great. COVID is no excuse at all. Although he won't,  Howie must go...like yesterday.

2 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Blow it up. Trade the vets with value for draft picks. Hire a new GM and Coaching staff. Rebuild the core of this team through the draft.

I wish Lurie would heed that advise.

2 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I doubt Lurie does that. He will blame injuries. I still think they are basking in the Super Bowl win from 2017.  I think the only change we might see is the firing of Taylor or Schwartz after the season is over.  We will have to suffer through Howie for at least a few more years. I think Howie is to Lurie what Jason Garrett was to Jerry Jones. It will take years.

6 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I doubt Lurie does that. He will blame injuries. I still think they are basking in the Super Bowl win from 2017.  I think the only change we might see is the firing of Taylor or Schwartz after the season is over.  We will have to suffer through Howie for at least a few more years. I think Howie is to Lurie what Jason Garrett was to Jerry Jones. It will take years.

Unfortunately I think the same.  

4 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I suspect you're right in your predictions. Covid and injuries will provide enough of an excuse to not do much beyond not re-signing Schwartz.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I mean Jones looked miles ahead of Carson in development today. I don’t think Carson gets the blame for this loss, but he did absolutely nothing to win it either. He’s not the special talent we thought he was. The Eagles look bad for giving him the money now. 

A good friend of mine tried to argue this point with me on the phone after the game. He swears that because of Carson's injuries, the constant evolving at WR, the playcalling, etc and every factor you can think of is to blame for Carson's woes at this point. I told him I agree with all of the other factors but the fact remains that this man is 17-18-1 as a starter and is not elite like we all thought he was. I argued the point that I have seen several QB's get injured and then come back and get back to playing at a high level. Wentz is not...he is steadily regressing as time goes by. His point was that I can't say that he is not elite because we have seen him at an elite level. My point is that it has literally been years since we have seen that and I dont think he is turning it around....at all....ever....he is what he is...which is a mediocre QB. My friend thinks I am dead wrong about the way I am thinking about him.....I still say that in year five....we have seen him already reach his ceiling and he is what he is.....which is what he has shown us this entire season.....

The real question is, does Doug go at the end of the season or does the super bowl get him one more year?

2 hours ago, Next_Up said:

Trade him to one of those teams with better structure and coaching regime. 

I'd rather see a regime change first. 

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

Schwartz's contract expires, so hopefully it's not too much to ask not to renew him.

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

The time to trade vets was when they actually had value, like Ertz should have been turned into draft capital after 2018 with Goedert in tow, and Graham should have been moved after the SB when his value was as high as it would ever be.            That's how good, forward thinking teams do it.        Roseman is like a mindless fan who says "gotta pay the man!"

I just can't picture Lurie blowing it up, it's inconsistent with his nature.         Schwartz will go, Lurie will think up another motivational slogan while talking about his voluminous notes, Pederson might give up play calling, Roseman might have to bring in another Douglas, but nothing of substance will change at this point.

Doug wasn't the force or the brains who won the SB. The ones who where the force that year are no longer here. As soon as they left, we saw what Doug is. Schwartz? If you like to watch your D play like a bunch of Puss***, then he is your man. Howie? Lurie just can't let his little safety blanky go for some reason. It looks like it's time to clean house and get some freshness going. I thank the coaches and players who won the SB, but now this team has become the worst in football and needs changes from top to bottom. Don't be afraid to make those changes, J. Luire.

2 hours ago, QuinnWR4 said:

Well, let me say I’m against rooting for them to lose or hoping they lose. But you’re right they are bad enough to lose out anyway. 

why in the world would you want the Eagles to win any game going forward other than to keep Dallas or Washington out of the playoffs?  This team does not deserve the playoffs, and is looking at a top 10 pick, screw getting embarrassed in the playoffs. Just lose out

2 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

A good friend of mine tried to argue this point with me on the phone after the game. He swears that because of Carson's injuries, the constant evolving at WR, the playcalling, etc and every factor you can think of is to blame for Carson's woes at this point. I told him I agree with all of the other factors but the fact remains that this man is 17-18-1 as a starter and is not elite like we all thought he was. I argued the point that I have seen several QB's get injured and then come back and get back to playing at a high level. Wentz is not...he is steadily regressing as time goes by. His point was that I can't say that he is not elite because we have seen him at an elite level. My point is that it has literally been years since we have seen that and I dont think he is turning it around....at all....ever....he is what he is...which is a mediocre QB. My friend thinks I am dead wrong about the way I am thinking about him.....I still say that in year five....we have seen him already reach his ceiling and he is what he is.....which is what he has shown us this entire season.....

People need to stop living in the past. Carson’s play wasn’t sustainable. It’s the same guy from 2017 it’s just that in 2017 all of his freelancing and gambling worked. It doesn’t anymore, because his gambles just don’t pay off like they did in 2017. In this game I saw a guy who had a lot of options try to win in the pocket and he just couldn’t do it. We saw Jones make accurate passes in the pocket while we saw our franchise guy sporadically make accurate passes in the pocket. Maybe that was cause Carson was finally trying to protect the ball in this game or maybe the pressure of it all is now in his head. I can’t really tell anyone with this guy, but I highly doubt we can ever expect Carson to be consistent. The Giants were playing average zones with occasional blitzes and he basically looked lost. The ways Jones played today is basically how Carson should be playing all the time and not just against the NFL cupcakes. Apparently he can’t even beat up on the cupcake teams anymore either. 

36 minutes ago, mjkvol said:

The time to trade vets was when they actually had value, like Ertz should have been turned into draft capital after 2018 with Goedert in tow, and Graham should have been moved after the SB when his value was as high as it would ever be.            That's how good, forward thinking teams do it.        Roseman is like a mindless fan who says "gotta pay the man!"

I just can't picture Lurie blowing it up, it's inconsistent with his nature.         Schwartz will go, Lurie will think up another motivational slogan while talking about his voluminous notes, Pederson might give up play calling, Roseman might have to bring in another Douglas, but nothing of substance will change at this point.

It's hard to imagine Lurie cleaning house. In the past he did move on from Reid (after too long) and he did finally part ways with a life long friend in joe Banner, but a wholesale makeover seems unlikely.

All things being equal, I stand where I've always stood, for this team to build a dynasty, they better figure out how to draft great year in and year out. A new GM with a clear vision on the type of team the Eagles must be is the first step. We'll see.

2 hours ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

The real question is, does Doug go at the end of the season or does the super bowl get him one more year?

Lurie is giving everyone a pass.

2 hours ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Sadly Lurie will use Covid as a excuse. Saying it was a distraction with no real off season/preseason etc. Jim wont be back due to his contract expired. As for Doug, I just dont see Lurie pulling the trigger because Doug won the SB. If he didn,t then he would be gone. But instead more then likely we have to wait till his contract expires till hes gone. 

Archived