***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Joker is Victorious***

Agent23

9 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

For someone that is outspoken on every issue and seems to have an opinion, he sure is a joke 

Yep - big mouth on everyone else’s issues but no backbone when it comes to keeping his own house in order

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

it will be fun to watch the lakers' demise. 

Only reason they win the bubble title is James got two months to rest. 

They really haven't been relevant in a decade. 

Unfortunately, that Russ and unprotected picks will be worth more in January when more teams tank. 

Going thru over/unders for the year, some just won't bet because of the odds just not worth it. 

Blazers Under 39.5 (They will end up tanking) 

Lakers Over 44.5 (Will use picks and Russ for a good guy in January) 

Suns Under 52.5 (They haven't improved at all, and Paul is 38)

Kings Over 33.5 (Actually pretty good roster and they will definitely try) 

Nuggets Over 51.5 (KCP and the real Ben Simmons, Bruce Brown are big additions with Murray back) 

Pelicans Over 45.5 (Zion and a full season of CJ) 

Sixers Over 50.5 (Team is just too good for regular season) 

Wiz Under 35.5  (Beal magically gets hurt in December) 

Hornets Under 34.5 (Roster is absolutely trash besides Melo who is already hurt) 

Bringing back someone who's been violent with their coworkers with little to no real punishment is the very definition of creating a tolerating a hostile work environment.  The culture in the "league" however is such that Poole knows that he has to just suck it up and keep his mouth shut or it'll follow him wherever he goes.  Double standards have long been the standard.

6 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Going thru over/unders for the year, some just won't bet because of the odds just not worth it. 

Blazers Under 39.5 (They will end up tanking) 

Lakers Over 44.5 (Will use picks and Russ for a good guy in January) 

Suns Under 52.5 (They haven't improved at all, and Paul is 38)

Kings Over 33.5 (Actually pretty good roster and they will definitely try) 

Nuggets Over 51.5 (KCP and the real Ben Simmons, Bruce Brown are big additions with Murray back) 

Pelicans Over 45.5 (Zion and a full season of CJ) 

Sixers Over 50.5 (Team is just too good for regular season) 

Wiz Under 35.5  (Beal magically gets hurt in December) 

Hornets Under 34.5 (Roster is absolutely trash besides Melo who is already hurt) 

Do you listen/follow bill Simmons at all? Made it through most of his preseason over/under pods. One fun variance they did was a 30-team draft where they draft wins or losses for each team. An entertaining enough spin on things 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

well, this should help....

:roll: :roll:   

They might tell him to go home until they trade him. 

He actually might be out of the league after the trade. Who would take him with teams wanting to tank. 

On 10/13/2022 at 9:27 AM, mr_hunt said:

it will be fun to watch the lakers' demise. 

Lol arsehole. They won't do ish this year and it's sad for me

If they are going for 3 in a row they will pay it gladly.

They take in about 700 million a year.

New Arena

Huge Market

4 titles with 6 finals in the last 8 years means they print money with sponsors and merchandise

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

If they are going for 3 in a row they will pay it gladly.

They take in about 700 million a year.

New Arena

Huge Market

4 titles with 6 finals in the last 8 years means they print money with sponsors and merchandise

They have to win 2 in a row first and to act like 500 million is nothing is crazy. That why Warriors GM calling tax unfair over the summer. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They have to win 2 in a row first and to act like 500 million is nothing is crazy. That why Warriors GM calling tax unfair over the summer. 

Rich people always think paying their fair share is wrong.

Sacramento and Milwaukee do not get to be in San Francisco so if he wants to take his wealth to keep his team together then he can pay the smaller market teams for the right to do it. If he wants to keep the championship team together then he can pay all that money. Or he can let 2 or 3 of them go like most other teams have to anyway. He's not a victim.

The New York teams have done this for ages. The Dodgers do now as well.

11 hours ago, Godfather said:

Lol arsehole. They won't do ish this year and it's sad for me

I don't know what to make of this team this year....   I just hate that Russ is still here 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 6:42 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't know what to make of this team this year....   I just hate that Russ is still here 

If Russ comes off the bench, I think they will be better then last year. They lack shooting on the outside. There's no way I'm giving up 2 first for Turner and Heild. A 1st with 2 2nds I would be ok with but looks like they will roll with what they have. Dreymond Green situation is interesting. I don't think it'll happen but maybe there's something there this season. Lakers are pretty much saving cap for next summer

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 5:28 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

The Poole money will skyrocket from what is listed below, but all the highlighted guys are players drafted by Golden State. Wiggins and his new contract is the only outside player of note that affects the cap/luxury, and he's someone that both LeBron and Minnesota were glad to get rid of. I've always been of the mindset (going back to the 2011ish Thunder) that teams should get Cap/Tax penalized for keeping their homegrown players. While the money-market teams like GSW will have greater ability to pay the money, small market teams like OKC essentially have to win it all with guys on rookie contracts if they have any hope of being serous title contenders. 

image.thumb.png.e8c7c362328a539e15c0fba125e5289c.png

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

If Russ comes off the bench, I think they will be better then last year. They lack shooting on the outside. There's no way I'm giving up 2 first for Turner and Heild. A 1st with 2 2nds I would be ok with but looks like they will roll with what they have. Dreymond Green situation is interesting. I don't think it'll happen but maybe there's something there this season. Lakers are pretty much saving cap for next summer

What? We went over this last year, Russ stinks and will never adjust 

I would bet they trade those 1sts and Russ this year. Could be Grant and Hart from Blazers or another surprising tank team. No way James resigned without agreement that they trade the picks 

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

It all hinges on AD staying healthy once again and what they can get for Westbrook is which at this point I don't think they will get anything worth a damn. I don't even trust Russ off the b nch at this point with the way he is acting already. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

What? We went over this last year, Russ stinks and will never adjust 

I would bet they trade those 1sts and Russ this year. Could be Grant and Hart from Blazers or another surprising tank team. No way James resigned without agreement that they trade the picks 

I said if Russ comes off the bench they'll be better then last year. Not sure how much better. Him coming off the bench will allow him to play like he wants. Doubt they flip both 1s for those 2 guys. Kyrie I can see. I can see them flipping one first for either Heild or a Turner but not 2 for both. LeBron stayed because of all his business deals and projects out in LA lol. They will take the wait and see approach but won't force anything

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It all hinges on AD staying healthy once again and what they can get for Westbrook is which at this point I don't think they will get anything worth a damn. I don't even trust Russ off the b nch at this point with the way he is acting already. 

Agreed on AD. I fully expect Westbrook to play out the year if they don't find a trade they like. I think they roll with who they have and try making some noise in a loaded western conference and look towards FA next summer with Green and Irving as possibilities. Plenty of reports out there saying they don't want to take on any long-term money in a trade scenario. Jeanie mentioned having cap flexibility next year a few times during TC but also would look to improve the team. Turner to me is logical

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I said if Russ comes off the bench they'll be better then last year. Not sure how much better. Him coming off the bench will allow him to play like he wants. Doubt they flip both 1s for those 2 guys. Kyrie I can see. I can see them flipping one first for either Heild or a Turner but not 2 for both. LeBron stayed because of all his business deals and projects out in LA lol. They will take the wait and see approach but won't force anything

Russ will be traded along with the picks. That is happening and will be for some good quality starters. Russ is an expiring so Lakers can take on guys with longer deals and allows other team to tank for Wembanyama or Scoot. You don't let the asset of the expiring walk out the door for nothing.

LeBron doesn't have a year to waste anymore. You don't need to be in LA to make business deal or get sponsorships. This isn't the 1990s.

30 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Agreed on AD. I fully expect Westbrook to play out the year if they don't find a trade they like. I think they roll with who they have and try making some noise in a loaded western conference and look towards FA next summer with Green and Irving as possibilities. Plenty of reports out there saying they don't want to take on any long-term money in a trade scenario. Jeanie mentioned having cap flexibility next year a few times during TC but also would look to improve the team. Turner to me is logical

This constructed roster of the Lakers is making zero noise in the West. 

8 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Russ will be traded along with the picks. That is happening and will be for some good quality starters. Russ is an expiring so Lakers can take on guys with longer deals and allows other team to tank for Wembanyama or Scoot. You don't let the asset of the expiring walk out the door for nothing.

LeBron doesn't have a year to waste anymore. 

Westbrook is worth nothing and most teams don't want him. They won't f themselves in the long run forcing a trade to get rid of him when you can just let him walk at seasons end. I can see them trading a first for let's say a guy like Turner but I doubt they'll trade both if they feel like it's not worth it. Otherwise Heild and Turner would already be Lakers. Like I said they are not looking to take on long term money in a trade

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

This constructed roster of the Lakers is making zero noise in the West. 

Key word...."try"

They wouldn't make any noise with a Westbrook trade either