***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Joker is Victorious***

Agent23

Only thing that bothered me with the finals is that the games were really for the most part not very competitive in the end. Each game was settled by 10+ points. Really game 4 was the only one that felt not in the balance with 3 mins left in the 4th. 

once it was obvious the sixers weren’t making the finals, i was hoping the Warriors would face the bucks as i thought once middleton got healthy it was the best matchup. Frankly sucks middleton got hurt cause i think that finals would’ve been great basketball just for basketball fans. I’d have love to see giannis, middleton, jrue go against Steph, klay and draymond. Still think the warriors win but i think it likely made for a much more compelling series

I hate both teams so much. As soon as I would think that I hated one of them less, they would remind me why I hate them.  I wish they both could have lost. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnB said:

or you live in the Bay Area (like me) and your stomach turns watching this area pile on trophy after trophy after trophy. The 49ers, Warriors, and SF Giants have all had "dynasties' during my lifetime. At least back east fans are die-hards. I'm not saying their aren't die-hards here, but there's way more bandwagon fans than die-hards. When I lived back east I felt like more people were fans of their teams to the core. 

For me, Celtics = Dallas Cowboys /thread lol

• Like 1

To me, this was the least talented warriors team and they still managed to win a championship. Looking at the roster you have Draymond who is not as good as he once was, Klay who is off two major injuries and still getting his legs back, Wiggins who was a borderline all star this year and Poole who has taken big steps this year but is not quite there yet.  I would take any of the prior Warriors teams over the current one, including the pre Durant teams. This make this win all the more special and gave Steph a chance to truly solidify his legacy without another top echelon player.  At the same time,  it does make me wonder if they will  have it to repeat next year?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, West_Philly said:

To me, this was the least talented warriors team and they still managed to win a championship. Looking at the roster you have Draymond who is not as good as he once was, Klay who is off two major injuries and still getting his legs back, Wiggins who was a borderline all star this year and Poole who has taken big steps this year but is not quite there yet.  I would take any of the prior Warriors teams over the current one, including the pre Durant teams. This make this win all the more special and gave Steph a chance to truly solidify his legacy without another top echelon player.  At the same time,  it does make me wonder if they will  have it to repeat next year?

Idk this team was deeper than their previous KD teams. The pre-KD teams kind of had the depth that this warriors teams. Wiggins basically became what they got out of iggy. Payton was their barbosa. I’m surprised kuminga didn’t get run after they fell behind 2-1 in the series. He got a ton of run regular season and even in some of the series prior. I think that kid is going to be really good in a couple of years. I’m not as sold on wiseman ever being anything. Frankly i think it’s a player they drafted more for need because i thought they either should’ve dealt that pick for a veteran, traded back to stock pile some future picks as assets or took ball to eventually replace curry. But i do like moody and Poole as their future. Also had bjelica who could’ve helped a bunch of other teams. This team had good depth but I’d argue only Steph out if the big 3 played at the level of those previous warriors teams throughout. Green and klay were good but not what they were during the warriors 3 titles in 4 years 

at some point the wheels are going to fall off on curry, klay and draymond. Curry is going to be 35 next year, klay and draymond are going to be 33. I tend to think they likely have at least two good runs left in them with Poole, kuminga and moody able to step up as they develop more. And assuming they keep wiggins and him playing at this type of level.

I think the interesting thing with the Warriors is klay is up for a new contract at the end of the 2023-2024 season. He is going to be 34 going on 35 at that point. Depending on what he asked for I’m not so sure it’s fiscally smart for Warriors to give him that contract at that point. Maybe he does a team friendly deal and gets back to what he was pre-injury (thought this year he showed flashes at times of being that and at others just didn’t look like his pre-injury form. I think he’s likely closer to pre-injury form next year but he’s also 33 with a ton of miles even though he basically missed two years so i cant say that definitively). I know wiggins is in the last year of his contract next year and only 27. In a year from now it might be more beneficial long term for them to keep wiggins and see what they can get for Klay Thompson’s value at the end of next year to stockpile assets for the next wave of warriors teams. in about two years klay going on 35 commanding big money and probably 3-4 years is something that could ultimately hurt the next era of warriors basketball where it is likely kuminga, Poole, wiggins (assuming he continues this play next year) or could deal him which could help pay big dividends long term for the next warriors era. I view it similarly to when the Celtics unloaded kg, Pierce right before their inevitable decline and swindled the nets 

Nah, this is by far the worst one. Who cares about depth when had KD. 

This was Steph show and everyone else was living in it. He has cemented himself as an all time great, Top 10ish so far 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Nah, this is by far the worst one. Who cares about depth when had KD. 

This was Steph show and everyone else was living in it. He has cemented himself as an all time great, Top 10ish so far 

Never said it wasn’t the worst. I said they had more depth than those KD teams which this team needed. It’s what helped them win the title by surviving the injuries during the course of the year to stay in the top 3 of the western conference with Steph missing 18 games, draymond missing 36 and until klay could return the last 40 or so games. Where the warriors are with Steph, klay and draymond in their careers they needed more quality depth. Imo if they fell behind Dallas and were the 4 seed their road could’ve been utah, suns and grizzlies to get to the finals which is much tougher than the nuggets, grizzlies and mavs  

Steph was the major reason and I’d argue cemented himself in the top 10. But id also argue I’m not fully convinced if the warriors didn’t have Wiggins play the way he did the last 3 games they are a lock to win that title. I think two things can be true: Steph was without a doubt the MVP of the finals and superstar. And the warriors needed Wiggins playing like he did to win that series. He had a ton of huge rebounds and put backs at critical times in game 4 and 5 along with his defense. He averaged the last 3 games 20 ppg, 12 boards, 3 asts, 2 steals and 1.3 blocks. What’s funny is Wiggins was thought to be just a piece to match salary in a bigger trade at some point and the draft pick was thought to be the most valuable piece of that Russell trade. Turned out to be more important than they realized. Add on they also used the pick from the twolves to get kuminga 

3 hours ago, West_Philly said:

well all of that may be true but he can kiss my grits. 

18 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I bet Kerr is stepping down 

1 minute ago, iladelphxx said:

There’s a good chance i think it happens either this offseason or next. There’s been some rumors around the Arizona athletics (played at Arizona still close to the program) program the last couple years he is year to year with where his health and back sit. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

There’s a good chance i think it happens either this offseason or next. There’s been some rumors around the Arizona athletics (played at Arizona still close to the program) program the last couple years he is year to year with where his health and back sit. 

Just get one of those ridiculous chairs Phil Jackson sat in lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

And if Warriors want to keep Kenny then every team that didn't give him a job is idiots. 

He absolutely got screwed with the Nets

To the lengthier post about GSW roster and klay. I think klay made $38M this year, which is right around 10th in the league. Even peak klay 4 years out so ago making western conference all star teams annually still was probably top-15 at best, in a given season. Wiggins I think is like $33M, Poole has maybe 1 year left and is playing like a $25M a year player (what ever the max is for a non-all star/non-all nba)… Dray being around $24M a year and having his contact up in s couple years may be the one most likely to get snipped due to age/decline… but klay will be interesting to see due to the age/decline/price tag

1 hour ago, Kz! said:

In honor of the draft tonight, here's an amazing player comp:

Vernon is the best and Mo still going to get 8 to 10 million a year  in his up coming deal even though he has shown nothing 

GD Kevin Durant is such a lil bish

He and Irving just deserve each other, I hope they both get stuck in Brooklyn.  And I have zero rooting interest, Durant is just the epitome of todays coddled, spoiled little baby athletes.

it is pretty lame for durant to list the team that had the best record in the nba as his top choice.....especially with his history of doing to same thing to join golden state.

• 1 month later...

NBA schedule release day. As of now warriors visit MN twice with neither date having a conflict (last year I had to travel to Mexico for work <_< ) and all the booked travels I have occur when Timberwolves are on the road, so no risk of missing a good local matchup. 

looks like I may even catch the warriors in Orlando with @Mat

• 1 month later...

ESPN+'s stats-based projections have their calculated seeds as follows:

1. Suns 49 wins
  2. Denver 47.9
  3. New Orleans 47.6
  4. Memphis 46.1
  5. Minnesota 45.7
  6. Clippers 43.6
  7. Dallas 43.1
  8. GSW 41.9
  9. Lakers 36.8