***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Joker is Victorious***

Agent23

Question that my own head created this morning that I haven't seen discussed anywhere yet.

I think it was around the time of Steph's second MVP season (the superior of the two), there was talk about Hall of Fame and specifically circling it back to Steve Nash. Mainly because Nash was the most recent player to have won two, and the talk was some version of "is Nash a Hall of Famer?" couple with "every player that has won 2 League MVPs has gotten into the Hall".

Now, since then, its probably pretty indisputable from Steph's case at least that he'll get it. But in the last 4 years we have back-to-back from Giannis followed up by a back-to-back from Jokic. Maybe with his recent Championship win and the 100% Approval Rating that Giannis has people are on board with him being a HOFer (and their probably has been discussions on talking head shows and in articles -- even if more along the lines of "if he puts up this level of performance for 5 more years he's a lock") -- but since I long-stopped watching Sports Center and First Take and anything like that, curious what any of you have seen/heard or just what other EMBers opinions are on where Giannis and Jokic's HOF status stands. 

48 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Question that my own head created this morning that I haven't seen discussed anywhere yet.

I think it was around the time of Steph's second MVP season (the superior of the two), there was talk about Hall of Fame and specifically circling it back to Steve Nash. Mainly because Nash was the most recent player to have won two, and the talk was some version of "is Nash a Hall of Famer?" couple with "every player that has won 2 League MVPs has gotten into the Hall".

Now, since then, its probably pretty indisputable from Steph's case at least that he'll get it. But in the last 4 years we have back-to-back from Giannis followed up by a back-to-back from Jokic. Maybe with his recent Championship win and the 100% Approval Rating that Giannis has people are on board with him being a HOFer (and their probably has been discussions on talking head shows and in articles -- even if more along the lines of "if he puts up this level of performance for 5 more years he's a lock") -- but since I long-stopped watching Sports Center and First Take and anything like that, curious what any of you have seen/heard or just what other EMBers opinions are on where Giannis and Jokic's HOF status stands. 

Both already locks, Giannis especially. The NBA let's anyone in with a pulse. 

Tim Hardaway made in last year and Chris Webber the year before and he only made 1st team once in his career. 

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Both already locks, Giannis especially. The NBA let's anyone in with a pulse. 

Tim Hardaway made in last year and Chris Webber the year before and he only made 1st team once in his career. 

It’s basketball hall of game, not NBA hall of fame, so guys like Weber (who didn’t win in college… although very close as we all know) had those items play into the HOF resume 

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

It’s basketball hall of game, not NBA hall of fame, so guys like Weber (who didn’t win in college… although very close as we all know) had those items play into the HOF resume 

Still not enough to be a HoF so Giannis multiple MVP, finals MVP, 1 ring is a lock and Jokic with back to back MVP is as well. 

Top 10 guys of their generation will always get in. 

15 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Will Ja be healthy by Wednesday the 30th?

He was walking in the back 

Worst trade this decade 

thats good. Grizzles are 2 of the games I'm 100% attending this season. Heat game tonight is still TBD if I happen to find a last-minute buyer. 

Didn’t have a plus 1 for my golden state game today. Have had the tickets listed for sale all fall but apparently the holiday weekend has slowed the buyers market. (Plan has been to sell my 2 seats and upgrade a single). Well about an hour ago someone bought mine and I also saw a single listed baseline (row 2 under basket) on warriors end way less than those go for (clearly someone else struggling to offload last minute) so I’ll be paying about $200 net to borderline be sitting on the floor and getting valet parking, including food/drinks, etc. 

Not bad! 

On 12/5/2022 at 9:59 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

I already go see all of them play this season

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

**** Paul got salty he did that when game was over

That's all that dude needs, is to do unnecessary highlight reel dunks with his issues

On 12/10/2022 at 9:56 AM, DaEagles4Life said:

Pelicans +950 to win the conference and +3200 to win it all aren't bad small bet plays. 

They are down to +1900 for title