***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Joker is Victorious***

Agent23

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Booker is on another lvl right now 

Curious to see if his shooting continues at this pace. 79% the last 2 games on 43 attempts. Even if his numbers drop to just his season average of 50% and 35% from 3 it’s enough of a drop to have Denver win the series. Denver was right there to the end and he was playing out of his mind. Also Warren, Ross should’ve been playing all series. Makes no sense why they weren’t. They are ok bench guys. They aren’t stars or great but more than competent enough to give you some scoring when Booker and Kd sit and play off them 

12 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Curious to see if his shooting continues at this pace. 79% the last 2 games on 43 attempts. Even if his numbers drop to just his season average of 50% and 35% from 3 it’s enough of a drop to have Denver win the series. Denver was right there to the end and he was playing out of his mind. Also Warren, Ross should’ve been playing all series. Makes no sense why they weren’t. They are ok bench guys. They aren’t stars or great but more than competent enough to give you some scoring when Booker and Kd sit and play off them 

That game last night was nuts. Jokic is just dominate and Booker was crazy crazy 

Welp, looks like we’ll have a new champion this season. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Sigh 

Again!? What is his effing deal?

• Like 1

We are all teh suck

9 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

We are all teh suck

Not me lol

jokic is really fun to watch on the offensive end..super skilled.  and on the defensive end, he held a broken down AD to only 40 points!  :whistle:  

24 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

jokic is really fun to watch on the offensive end..super skilled.  and on the defensive end, he held a broken down AD to only 40 points!  :whistle:  

Tatum put 35 on Embiid directly in Game 7. Embiid who is known aa a defensive stopper 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

Yeah but who won though?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Paul852 said:

Yeah but who won though?

i know. i just enjoy giving daeagles a hard time about joker vs jojo. 

i rarely watch non-76ers games but jokic was really fun to watch in the 1st half last night. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i know. i just enjoy giving daeagles a hard time about joker vs jojo. 

i rarely watch non-76ers games but jokic was really fun to watch in the 1st half last night. 

:lol: I get it. JoJo let us down so we don't have much of a leg to stand on right now :sad:

1 minute ago, Paul852 said:

:lol: I get it. JoJo let us down so we don't have much of a leg to stand on right now :sad:

not even a kickstand. :meh:  

i guess i'm hoping for a miami/denver finals :unsure:   i mean...definitely not boston since they're the cowboys of the nba for me. and i'd lean denver since bron gets on my nerves & i don't like that the league helped the lakers broker deals at the trade deadline. i mean what kind of sheet is that? :nonono:  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

not even a kickstand. :meh:  

i guess i'm hoping for a miami/denver finals :unsure:   i mean...definitely not boston since they're the cowboys of the nba for me. and i'd lean denver since bron gets on my nerves & i don't like that the league helped the lakers broker deals at the trade deadline. i mean what kind of sheet is that? :nonono:  

I'm all-in on Butler right now. Should have never gotten rid of him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

heat just scored 45 pts in the 3rd quarter.  damn.

sixers scored 10 in game 7 btw.

• Haha 2

that boston loving ref who ref'd the sixers/celtics game 

:nonono:  

• Haha 3
  • Angry 1

5 more wins for the nuggets :towel:

I hate the Celtics so hopefully Miami can put them in a 0-3 hole 

Perspective:

Kareem played 23 seasons in college and the pros and won 9 titles *. 1 title every 2.56 years

Kareem won 7 MVPs * 6 NBA and 1 Naismith.

Note on Era: Kareem could not play as a freshman (no freshman rule) and the Naismith award did not exist until his senior year or he could have possibly been 4 and 4 in college.

He for sure would have been 3 for 3 for Naismith MVP. (he had better numbers as a sophomore and junior)

UCLA was 18-8 his freshman year without him and 88-2 in 3 years with him.

Note on Kareem and Analytics. He gets no NBA analytics for 4 years of college but he also gets no credit for his first 4 years in the league since analytics start in 73-74.

VORP, BPM, etc.  WS do go back to his rookie year.

Kareem > LeBron

Jordan played 18 seasons and won 7 titles. 1 title every 2.57 years

Jordan won 7 MVPs 

Jordan is the all-time leader in points per game. He is the all-time leader in playoff points per game.

You may know Embiid led the league in ppg at 33.1 this year.

No one knows or cares that Tatum led the league in total points at 2225 because no one really cares about stat accumulation.

Jordan leads LeBron in pretty much every analytics stat except something called VORP which just means how you compare to mediocre players... that's fitting.

Update: Jordan is at .108 VORP per game and LeBron is at .103, so Jordan even has him there as well.

Most analytics have Jordan at 1 and someone else at 2 instead of LeBron (Mikan, Wilt, Joker, etc.)

Jordan > LeBron

LeBron played 20 seasons and has won 4 titles. 1 every 5 years... with 13 years of manufactured super teams.

LeBron won 4 MVPs

But LeBron has stat accumulation on super teams after accomplishing nothing at the college level? 🤣

Vinny Testaverde has stat accumulation over Joe Montana.(TDs and yards)

Emmitt Smith has stat accumulation over Jim Brown, Walter Payton, and Barry Sanders.

LeBron is 8th in WS/48. He is closer to Steph at 25 than to Jordan at 1.

He has video game triple double numbers at times, just like the great Russell Westbrook.

Kareem led the league in a major stat 7 times in the regular season and 11 times in the playoffs.

Jordan led the league in a stat 13 and 12 times.

LeBron led the league in a stat 2 and 3 times.

All-Defense teams? Kareem 11, Jordan 9, LeBron 6.  :whistle:

So LeBron loses out on championships, defense, MVPs, and statistical dominance to both of them.

He gets crushed by Jordan in the analytics.

But he has 20 years of college-skipping stat accumulation?

WS seasons above 20 (17 total)

• Wilt 6 (2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 11th, 15th)
  • Kareem 3  (1st, 5th, and 7th)
  • Jordan 3 (9th, 14th, 16th)
  • LeBron 1 (17th)

Go above 18 (36 total) and add 1 more for Kareem (4 total), 2 more for Wilt (8), 3 more for Jordan (6), and LeBron 2 more (3)

Wilt led the league in WS 8 times, Jordan 9, Kareem 9, LeBron 5.

Its fun researching how LeBron fan bois are completely, totally, and 100% obviously wrong.

None of this is opinion, its all evidence.

BTW, Kareem also got to 10 finals but he went 6-4 instead of 4-6.

Super teams for Lebron

Yet Jordan played with a Top 25 player of all time in Pippen 

Kareem won 3 of his title on the backside of his career when Magic, a top 5-6 player of all time, and James Worthy were on his team and carrying the load. 

At some point people just hate in LeBron because he isn't MJ. He is firmly entrenched as the 2nd greatest player of all time