***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Joker is Victorious***

Agent23

Oh, on my flight to Vegas last Friday, I sat with Desmond Bane, his gf/wife (had a solid ring on) and their 13ish month old. There were at least 2-4 other guys on the flight I didn’t recognize, one with Grizzlies gear on. 

I had the window seat, so I had headphones on and was watching stiff on my iPad. Wifey was in the middle with the kid on her lap most of the flight. I chatted with them briefly, but mainly related to the toddler who would occasionally try to reach out at me or try grabbing/touching stuff out of curiosity. He was super well behaved for a 3.5hr flight tho and most of the small talk was letting her/them know he was fine and that I wasn’t bothered. 

Should I have let them know I recognized him or just engaged them in passing-the-time conversation in hopes of getting invited to summer league parties, or did I make the right play just keeping things polite and minimal? 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Oh, on my flight to Vegas last Friday, I sat with Dillon Brooks, his gf/wife (had a solid ring on) and their 13ish month old. There were at least 2-4 other guys on the flight I didn’t recognize, one with Grizzlies gear on. 

I had the window seat, so I had headphones on and was watching stiff on my iPad. Wifey was in the middle with the kid on her lap most of the flight. I chatted with them briefly, but mainly related to the toddler who would occasionally try to reach out at me or try grabbing/touching stuff out of curiosity. He was super well behaved for a 3.5hr flight tho and most of the small talk was letting her/them know he was fine and that I wasn’t bothered. 

Should I have let them know I recognized him or just engaged them in passing-the-time conversation in hopes of getting invited to summer league parties, or did I make the right play just keeping things polite and minimal? 

Should of talked sheet to him and tell him lebron owns his ass lol

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Should of talked sheet to him and tell him lebron owns his ass lol

Yeah but he could probably own mine so I still might come out on the bottom :lol: 

we were talking about crazy arse Dillon Brooks at work today so I think it was an unintended type of the fingers. Desmond Bane is who I was seated next too, so I need to go back and update my original post 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Yeah but he could probably own mine so I still might come out on the bottom :lol: 

we were talking about crazy arse Dillon Brooks at work today so I think it was an unintended type of the fingers. Desmond Bane is who I was seated next too, so I need to go back and update my original post 

Lol, I've run into some players a time or 2 I always just let them be or just say hi. 

22 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lol, I've run into some players a time or 2 I always just let them be or just say hi. 

Run into vs seated side by side for 4 hours while his toddler (innocently) hits me or grabs at my drink/iPad/headphones cord a few dozen times is slightly different circumstances tho lol 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Run into vs seated side by side for 4 hours while his toddler (innocently) hits me or grabs at my drink/iPad/headphones cord a few dozen times is slightly different circumstances tho lol 

You know what I meant! Lol. I'm saying I would of just played it cool like didn't know who he was. 

14 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You know what I meant! Lol. I'm saying I would of just played it cool like didn't know who he was. 

I was being attacked by these two the whole time tho! 

IMG_0103.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2023 at 10:57 AM, DaEagles4Life said:

That is what happens when you are the #1 sees you face lower level seeds. Lakers were #2 best team in the playoffs and they swept them. 

It's okay to admit your boy is a perennial loser. 

Lol at the Lakers being the 2nd best.  The Heat(13-10) and Celtics (11-9) won more playoff games and both would have beaten LA (8-8).

Milwaukee, Sacramento, and Philly would have beaten them as well.

The Lakers faced a Grizzlies team that imploded (2 guys with actual mental problems) and a very flawed Golden State team that had no answer for Anthony Davis.

The Nuggets faced 4 teams that were a combined 20 games over .500. That's the definition of easy button.

Golden State's opponents last year were a combined +86

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Lol at the Lakers being the 2nd best.  The Heat(13-10) and Celtics (11-9) won more playoff games and both would have beaten LA (8-8).

The Lakers faced a Grizzlies team that imploded (2 guys with actual mental problems) and a very flawed Golden State team that had no answer for Anthony Davis.

The Nuggets faced 4 teams that were a combined 20 games over .500. That's the definition of easy button.

b9c25cda2d5ffa96bd2b9f4c2361cbc9.jpg.cbacb49de20d7594a5ede284e4d69572.jpg

18 hours ago, SkippyX said:

I'm sure you know that the Lakers had the best record after the All Star break. 

Just maybe the two time MVP playing his best basketball of his career and a Top 20 player in Murray who was healthy were that good. 

Armchair expert watches 5 games and understands basketball. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I'm sure you know that the Lakers had the best record after the All Star break. 

Just maybe the two time MVP playing his best basketball of his career and a Top 20 player in Murray who was healthy were that good. 

Armchair expert watches 5 games and understands basketball. 

Best basketball of his career? Laughable.

His +- was terrible.

His 3-point shot in a 3 point league was abysmal. He was the 96th best 3 point % player in the playoffs but insisted on taking the 18th most per game  🤡

He was a +12 in +- over 16 games when he was on the floor in the playoffs. AD was a +53. Reaves was a +71.

He had the 143rd best 3-point % in the regular season. 🤡

His win shares per 48 was 59th best in the league.

His team won those series because different role players went nuts when needed. He had a couple monster games like the 20 20 and AD had about 4 monster games.

Its not excuses to say the 7th seed in the west was not a great team.

Those numbers are facts. Your sniffing his jock is opinion.

8 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Best basketball of his career? Laughable.

His +- was terrible.

His 3-point shot in a 3 point league was abysmal. He was the 96th best 3 point % player in the playoffs but insisted on taking the 18th most per game  🤡

He was a +12 in +- over 16 games when he was on the floor in the playoffs. AD was a +53. Reaves was a +71.

He had the 143rd best 3-point % in the regular season. 🤡

His win shares per 48 was 59th best in the league.

His team won those series because different role players went nuts when needed. He had a couple monster games like the 20 20 and AD had about 4 monster games.

Its not excuses to say the 7th seed in the west was not a great team.

Those numbers are facts. Your sniffing his jock is opinion.

Yo clown, I was talking about Jokic. You know the guy that actually has a guy on his team with a last name of Murray. 

• Haha 1

yo clown, you think LeBron is awesome and the Lakers were 2nd best to Joker's team.

Weird how they only swept the Lakers.

More on +-

Hachimura was +19
Schroeder was +44

Game 6 vs Golden State: LeBron was -8 and Lonnie Walker IV was +8 in the one game they needed him.

LeBron is still a gifted ESP level passer in his current age.

He's a good rebounder but it has more to do with volume (bad team shots and minutes played per game) ( he's about 28th in rebounds this year but about 47th in TR%)

He is a bad ball handler

He is a terrible shooter.

He is lazy/tired on D maybe because he plays too many minutes.

He is often banged up partly because he plays too many minutes.

Who needs to talk about Joker who was good enough to be a 3 in a row MVP and just got his title. No one is pretending about him.

You are slurping LeBron and the Lakers and reality finds that amusing. I am just pointing out reality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

yo clown, you think LeBron is awesome and the Lakers were 2nd best to Joker's team.

Weird how they only swept the Lakers.

More on +-

Hachimura was +19
Schroeder was +44

Game 6 vs Golden State: LeBron was -8 and Lonnie Walker IV was +8 in the one game they needed him.

LeBron is still a gifted ESP level passer in his current age.

He's a good rebounder but it has more to do with volume (bad team shots and minutes played per game) ( he's about 28th in rebounds this year but about 47th in TR%)

He is a bad ball handler

He is a terrible shooter.

He is lazy/tired on D maybe because he plays too many minutes.

He is often banged up partly because he plays too many minutes.

Who needs to talk about Joker who was good enough to be a 3 in a row MVP and just got his title. No one is pretending about him.

You are slurping LeBron and the Lakers and reality finds that amusing. I am just pointing out reality.

And all your doing is validating my point, I that they were the 2nd best team in the playoffs. Where did I say anything about LeBron. I didn't, you too busy sucking off MJ, to realize this. 

Corn hole or pickleball might be up your alley because basketball seems like it is too hard to understand for you. 

• Like 1

I placed a bet in Vegas for Golden State to win the 2024 title. 

• 4 weeks later...

Schedule release at 3 eastern today. I already have travel out of state booked for thanksgiving so hopefully golden state doesn’t play here in MN again that weekend 

Adam Silver said over the summer that expansion is on the horizon.  Seattle and Las Vegas are the front runners.  Other cities like Louisville and St. Louis may be considered, if bids are put in. How would the divisions look if Seattle and Las Vegas enter the league?

Here are my initial thoughts:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

NORTHEAST

Celtics

Knicks

Nets

76ers

GREAT LAKES

Wizards

Raptors

Cavaliers

Pistons

MIDWEST

Bulls

Bucks

Pacers

Timberwolves

SOUTHEAST

Hawks

Hornets

Heat

Magic

WESTERN CONFERENCE

GULF

Pelicans

Grizzlies

Rockets

Spurs

CENTRAL

Mavericks

Thunder

Nuggets

Jazz

SOUTHWEST

Suns

Lakers

Clippers

New Las Vegas team

PACIFIC

Kings

Warriors

Trail Blazers

New Seattle team

It's not perfect, but this seems to be about best if you do 4 divisions with 4 teams per conference, like in the NFL.  There are some teams that stick out: Washington has to fit in with the other four Boston-to-Washington teams, or it has to fit in with the other four Southeast teams, so they are in no-mans land.  The three Texas teams would probably have to get split up.  Utah isn't really a team in the central US.

Maybe if the western Southeast teams, like the Grizzlies and Pelicans, move to the Eastern Conference, and then you move more Midwest teams like the Bucks and Bulls to the Western Conference, you can have better geographical divisions.  But fans may not like that.

37 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

Adam Silver said over the summer that expansion is on the horizon.  Seattle and Las Vegas are the front runners.  Other cities like Louisville and St. Louis may be considered, if bids are put in. How would the divisions look if Seattle and Las Vegas enter the league?

EASTERN CONFERENCE

NORTHEAST

Celtics

Knicks

Nets

76ers

GREAT LAKES

Wizards

Raptors

Cavaliers

Pistons

MIDWEST

Bulls

Bucks

Pacers

Timberwolves

SOUTHEAST

Hawks

Hornets

Heat

Magic

WESTERN CONFERENCE

GULF

Pelicans

Grizzlies

Rockets

Spurs

CENTRAL

Mavericks

Thunder

Nuggets

Jazz

SOUTHWEST

Suns

Lakers

Clippers

New Las Vegas team

PACIFIC

Kings

Warriors

Trail Blazers

New Seattle team

It's not perfect, but this seems to be about best if you do 4 divisions with 4 teams per conference, like in the NFL.  There are some teams that stick out: Washington has to fit in with the other four Boston-to-Washington teams, or it has to fit in with the other four Southeast teams, so they are in no-mans land.  The three Texas teams would probably have to get split up.  Utah isn't really a team in the central US.

Maybe if the western Southeast teams, like the Grizzlies and Pelicans, move to the Eastern Conference, and then you move more Midwest teams like the Bucks and Bulls to the Western Conference, you can have better geographical divisions.  But fans may not like that.

I don't typically see NBA "rivals" in the same was as we get with college conferences and NFL divisions... so changing division rivals or even conference shouldn't be a huge deal. Hell, most people see rivalries being things like Lakers-Celtics more than Celtics-Raptors or Celtics-Nets

6 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

NORTHEAST

Celtics

Knicks

Nets

76ers

GREAT LAKES

Wizards

Raptors

Cavaliers

Pistons

MIDWEST

Bulls

Bucks

Pacers

Timberwolves

SOUTHEAST

Hawks

Hornets

Heat

Magic

WESTERN CONFERENCE

GULF

Pelicans

Grizzlies

Rockets

Spurs

CENTRAL

Mavericks

Thunder

Nuggets

Jazz

SOUTHWEST

Suns

Lakers

Clippers

New Las Vegas team

PACIFIC

Kings

Warriors

Trail Blazers

New Seattle team

Memphis is the only team East of the Mississippi that is in the Western Conference 

7 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Memphis is the only team East of the Mississippi that is in the Western Conference 

Vancouver tho?

On 8/18/2023 at 1:55 PM, Agent23 said:

Vancouver tho?

Well they are in Memphis not Vancouver so not sure how that relates.