***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Joker is Victorious***

Agent23

Well lakers got swept :lol:

Teams are now 0-150 when down 0-3. 
Boston will make it 0-151 

• Like 1

Whether LeBron retires or not he'll be doing a lot of traveling. 

Great idea, but will the Lakers have his rights during retirement?  That was the issue with Andrew Luck, but maybe the NFL is different.

On 5/21/2023 at 1:55 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Super teams for Lebron

Yet Jordan played with a Top 25 player of all time in Pippen 

Kareem won 3 of his title on the backside of his career when Magic, a top 5-6 player of all time, and James Worthy were on his team and carrying the load. 

At some point people just hate in LeBron because he isn't MJ. He is firmly entrenched as the 2nd greatest player of all time 

Jordan and Kareem went were they went. Kareem did request a trade to NY or LA after he put in 6 years in Milwaukee but he did not join a super team.

LA sucked. He helped make them better. They drafted Magic.

The Bulls drafted Pippen who was a NOTHING without Jordan in the year he was gone (actual crybaby joke in the playoffs) and his post-Bulls career was nothing special. 

The Bulls getting Rodman was like the the Lakers getting Rondo. He was a past his prime diva with baggage and skills if properly motivated.

Its not about hating LeBron. He's definitely top 10. He's most likely top 5. You can have the Wilt or Kobe conversation with him depending on what you weigh more.

His slurpers insist he is better than Jordan and its a joke. Jordan is better than him at about everything besides being like Russell Westbrook (ball hogging for triple double stats regardless of turnovers or +-)

What LeBron did this year was not a success on a mediocre team. He is the GM of that team. Its mediocrity is all on him. He's forced them into 2 tear downs already. He's the 3rd highest paid player in the league and he stands there on D about 40% of the time. 🤣 His 3 point shooting this year and in these playoffs is some of the worst basketball in the history of the league. It was an embarrassment but coaches could not make him stop. He was a joke.

Kareem is pretty clearly the best college player of all time. Kareem also won more than LeBron in the NBA. LeBron compiled more stats.

Kareem won on his own. He had a 32 year old or so Big O who was not the triple double guy from age 24 as the only other very good player on that team.

If Kareem won with other star players than so did LeBron. Magic was not Jordan. He was a point guard.

Most great players win as part of a team. ME ME ME is a new LeBron thing. 

3rd or 4th best point guard on the team? too bad, give me the ball

There is also the era thing. LeBron would have been killed in the 90s playing the way he plays. When he flopped they would just step over or step on him.

He'd foul out 30 times a year with all his charging. Refs gave star players some leeway back then but not on running people over.

He'd also go to the line about 40% less because all those love taps would not be fouls.

LeBron's fighting to secure 3rd best. Deal with it.

Pippen played 6 years without Jordan and won 3 playoff series. 🤣

28 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Jordan and Kareem went were they went. Kareem did request a trade to NY or LA after he put in 6 years in Milwaukee but he did not join a super team.

LA sucked. He helped make them better. They drafted Magic.

The Bulls drafted Pippen who was a NOTHING without Jordan in the year he was gone (actual crybaby joke in the playoffs) and his post-Bulls career was nothing special. 

The Bulls getting Rodman was like the the Lakers getting Rondo. He was a past his prime diva with baggage and skills if properly motivated.

Its not about hating LeBron. He's definitely top 10. He's most likely top 5. You can have the Wilt or Kobe conversation with him depending on what you weigh more.

His slurpers insist he is better than Jordan and its a joke. Jordan is better than him at about everything besides being like Russell Westbrook (ball hogging for triple double stats regardless of turnovers or +-)

What LeBron did this year was not a success on a mediocre team. He is the GM of that team. Its mediocrity is all on him. He's forced them into 2 tear downs already. He's the 3rd highest paid player in the league and he stands there on D about 40% of the time. 🤣 His 3 point shooting this year and in these playoffs is some of the worst basketball in the history of the league. It was an embarrassment but coaches could not make him stop. He was a joke.

Kareem is pretty clearly the best college player of all time. Kareem also won more than LeBron in the NBA. LeBron compiled more stats.

Kareem won on his own. He had a 32 year old or so Big O who was not the triple double guy from age 24 as the only other very good player on that team.

If Kareem won with other star players than so did LeBron. Magic was not Jordan. He was a point guard.

Most great players win as part of a team. ME ME ME is a new LeBron thing. 

3rd or 4th best point guard on the team? too bad, give me the ball

There is also the era thing. LeBron would have been killed in the 90s playing the way he plays. When he flopped they would just step over or step on him.

He'd foul out 30 times a year with all his charging. Refs gave star players some leeway back then but not on running people over.

He'd also go to the line about 40% less because all those love taps would not be fouls.

LeBron's fighting to secure 3rd best. Deal with it.

LeBron would at 6'8" 260lbs would have been killed in the 90s. Just stop, give me a break. The dumbest ass argument. 

Defenses were sooo great in the 90s. Yeah, with 7 foot white guys who couldn't move nor shoot. 

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

LeBron would at 6'8" 260lbs would have been killed in the 90s. Just stop, give me a break

His playstyle of running people over on offense and flopping on D would be useless in the 90s is the point.

I'm kind of excited for the next LeBron standing still and doing nothing on D while his team plays 4 on 5 video for this year's playoffs. I've already seen a bunch of it on ESPN or YouTube but its hilarious when someone edits it all together.

He looks like Micah Parsons or Fred Warner while Hurts is optioning them into the ground.

• Like 1

I watched Air. Jordan couldn’t even handle his own endorsements. Needed mommy to take care of it for him :roll: 

I don't watch the nba as much as I used to especially since Duncan retired. But this probably the first time I have seen a team go down 0-3 and take it to game 6. 

But looking at this about 4 0-3 teams (excl '23 celts) have gone to game 6 and 3 0-3 teams went to game 7.

https://www.landofbasketball.com/statistics/playoff_series_3_0_won.htm

• Like 1

whelp it looks like boston may make history in gmae 7 :facepalm:

I am rooting for nuggets regardless of outcome. But if celtics make it that would suck :furious:

• Angry 1

I don't think i'm watching game 7 unless the score update show them leading by double digits late..

I hate celtic fans :furious:

Before these rounds, I wanted nuggets and Celtics to advance because lottery teams don’t deserve a shot at nba champions in my opinion. But the heat’s post-season run has been interesting… 

Either way, it’s hard not to want to see Denver come out on top not knowing how game 7 plays out 

Thank f'ing god!  Can't stand the Celtics...and if I had to hear for the next 2 weeks that they were the first team in NBA history to come back from an 0-3 hole, I would have had to resign myself to just watching the Hallmark channel!!!!

• Like 1