***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Joker is Victorious***

Agent23

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

It's for something they're plugging together 

22 minutes ago, Mat said:

It's for something they're plugging together 

They're plugging Durant being a misogynistic homophobe?  That's a bold strategy Cotton....

Solid warriors comeback. They’ve been trash lately 

8 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Solid warriors comeback. They’ve been trash lately 

We know.  We also know that you've been MIA in this section as a result.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

We know.  We also know that you've been MIA in this section as a result.

I used to get League Pass through DirecTV, so it was easy to throw games on within 5 seconds. But the streaming plan this year offered the option to do two devices simultaneously. Because I was living in a hotel to start the season (and my buddy normally would give me money each year to use my streaming), I figured the streaming made more sense.

Downside is Samsung does not have a League Pass app, so its either going to get my iPad or turning on the TCL w/ROku television.... and its just so tedious that half the games I don't even end up catching. I miss just hitting the guide button and hitting 750 (I think 750s is where the League Pass games were?) and finding the game within a page scroll or two. 

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I used to get League Pass through DirecTV, so it was easy to throw games on within 5 seconds. But the streaming plan this year offered the option to do two devices simultaneously. Because I was living in a hotel to start the season (and my buddy normally would give me money each year to use my streaming), I figured the streaming made more sense.

Downside is Samsung does not have a League Pass app, so its either going to get my iPad or turning on the TCL w/ROku television.... and its just so tedious that half the games I don't even end up catching. I miss just hitting the guide button and hitting 750 (I think 750s is where the League Pass games were?) and finding the game within a page scroll or two. 

Brah - we don’t need a novel to know you’re a front runner 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

Brah - we don’t need a novel to know you’re a front runner 

I'm def not watching too many games when steph is out with tailbone issues. This roster is lame as hell at times :lol: 

• Haha 1

Somehow just learned this afternoon that TImberwolves will be letting limited fans into something like their last 14 homes games. Golden State plays the end of the month and was able to get lower level corner seats for like $70. Not bad in grand scheme of things. So I'll hopefully have nothing that interferes with that. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

In a shocking development - Kevin Durant is hurt again

Yup just said that in the sixers thread... They are not going to field a healthy team the entire playoffs. I'd be more worried about the Heat getting healthy all at once 

Marvin Bagley l, bust of the decade considering who was picked after him.
Luka
Trae
Jaren Jackson Jr
Shai Gilgeous Alexander
Mikal Bridges 
Michael Porter Jr. 

• Like 1

I have my first NBA game since mid-November 2019 tonight! Steph broke the "record" (side note: these arbitrary records they have for some stuff has always seemed kinda corny to me... not sure where I stand on this specific one) a few games back for most 3-pointers made in a calendar month. I think 83 broke it and he finished that game at 86? Either way, he played Luka a coupled days later and then TWolves tonight, so I figured 100 was an achievable goal that I could see hit (then he hits 4 against the Mavs :lol: )

So if he does go triple digits it means I'll be in for one hell of a treat tonight. It's wild thinking of 100 in a month being in play when the record was 273ish in a season and he flirted right around that for about 3 straight seasons (breaking it year 1, I think falling short year 2, then setting 286 year 3) before smashing it with like 403 or whatever it was in year 4 or 5 (I will look this up later).

But since he hit 400+ I know Harden has had 380ish, Steph has had like a 360ish season, and I feel like someone random like Buddy Hield is even eclipsed Ray Allen's previous record.... how wild would it have been if some regular guy like him broke the record instead of a Steph/Lillard/Harden/Klay :roll:

Speak of the Devil, Buddy the only other person on the 2020-2021 season list putting in that work. This is Year NINE of the Steph-explosion somehow. Years 6 and 8 were injury seasons where he failed to make the top-35. 

image.thumb.png.1ed14553ff6c7ebee0f5c2ca50329c88.png

image.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

As good as he is playing no MVP should come from a 10th place team. 

TBF they are tied in wins with 8-10 (after losing some stupid games during a 7-3 10-game streak), get Minny's 1st round pick if its top 4 (and can give them another L tonight) and is only 3 wins behind DAMIAN LILLARD (as well as the Mavs team they laid down against, which would have put them 1-game behind DAL.... hell they are only 5 wins behind LeBron/AD :lol:

The seeding is almost borderline nonsensical with how grouped teams are this season. 

that was about the only highlight I saw yesterday :lol: 

View from low-admittance covid stadium 

4A77DEA9-463B-4A57-BA96-C0402878063A.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 8:33 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Kidding me

A reporter called it a skee-ball pass and I was like "what??” but after watching it they were right.