Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

1 hour ago, Bamabird said:

Pitts is a beast, you can classify him as a WR/TE.  He made a catch against us in SECCG at the end of the game surrounded by 3 defenders that was just awesome. I don't think you can go wrong with him.

I don't think you could wrong with any of those 3 guys. My order is Smith, Pitts and Chase. And Chase is last only due to sitting out a year. He was a monster in 2019, I just don't know how he ready he will be after taking year off.

All 3 guys bring totally different skill sets to the game. For me, good hands and speed kills! Smith doesn't drop passes, which can be drive killers, and he doesn't fumble the ball. Every day after practice he would take 100 balls from the machine standing about 4-5 feet away to strengthen his hands.

I mean that's the big question with Chase, a top ten pick on a guy who hasn't seen a football field in a year?  I have no doubt he's been a gym demon and will be absolutely in shape, but a year with no competitive game is going to leave rust behind and there has to be a question however small whether that can all be knocked off to leave behind what was there in 2019.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/23/2021 at 2:10 PM, Swoop said:

Who is trashing Hurts for trying to improve?

The strawman 

7 hours ago, Swoop said:

Yep. I notice someone tucked tail and hasn't shown his troll face in here.

Since when has being wrong ever stopped him/her from posting?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, like it or not looks like he's the guy now since Lurie wants to build around him.

Lurie is the one who picked Jalen Hurts so it would make sense he wants to build around him. 

Well, here comes a bunch of midpack finishes.

56 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Well, here comes a bunch of midpack finishes.

You must think very highly of Hurts then if you think this roster is finishing middle of the pack. 

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

You must think very highly of Hurts then if you think this roster is finishing middle of the pack. 

Healthy gets you to middle of the pack with our throwing RB at the helm.

11 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Healthy gets you to middle of the pack with our throwing RB at the helm.

And as the last 4 seasons have shown us its the very reasonable expectation that this team will be healthy. 

4 hours ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

Lurie is the one who picked Jalen Hurts so it would make sense he wants to build around him. 

Jerry Lurie... woooooo

7 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Well, like it or not looks like he's the guy now since Lurie wants to build around him.

Lurie is starting to remind me of Daniel Snyder.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/report-eagles-have-decided-go-jalen-hurts-qb-2021

Eagles have reportedly decided to go with Jalen Hurts at QB in 2021

Reuben Frank
EAGLES INSIDER
he Eagles have decided to go with Jalen Hurts at quarterback this year, according to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen.T

Mortensen, speaking on SportsCenter, said owner Jeff Lurie has instructed the front office to surround Hurts with as much talent as possible this offseason and to not bring in competition for last year’s 2nd-round draft pick.

"Jalen Hurts is the guy,” Mort said. "Jeffrey Lurie, the owner of the Eagles, has basically sent a message to his personnel department and his general manager, Howie Roseman, that he wants to do everything he can to help Jalen Hurts be successful and not bring in somebody to compete for the job.”

Soon after, Mortensen followed up on his comments on Twitter, saying: "I would not report the Eagles have internal unanimity on Hurts as QB1 but sources say the boss, Jeffrey Lurie, has instructed his group to prioritize making Hurts successful in 2021 as opposed to creating a true competition.”

This would mean Lurie does not want the Eagles to draft a quarterback at No. 6, which brings weapons like LSU receiver Ja’Marr Chase, Alabama receiver DeVonta Smith and Florida tight end Kyle Pitts into play.

Hurts replaced benched Carson Wentz at halftime of the Eagles’ game against the Packers and then started the last four games of the season.

He became the second QB in NFL history with two 330-yard passing games within his first four career starts and the first QB in NFL history with two games with 300 passing yards and 60 rushing yards as a rookie.

He also fumbled six times in those four games, losing two. He finished the season with six TDs and four INTs.

Hurts, who turns 23 in August, is the only quarterback the Eagles currently have under contract.

"Jalen Hurts is the quarterback for this year,” Mortensen said. "They don’t want to bring in competition for him.”

Mortensen said rookie head coach Nick Sirianni is on board with moving forward with Hurts for at least this year.

"Now, they have a new coach in Nick Sirianni, he understands that what the owner wants, the owner gets,” Mortensen said. "Ja’Marr Chase should be in place for this pick.”

1 hour ago, Jsvand12 said:

Lurie is starting to remind me of Daniel Snyder.

And we know what he did to that franchise. A big stinking MESS. 

48 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/report-eagles-have-decided-go-jalen-hurts-qb-2021

Eagles have reportedly decided to go with Jalen Hurts at QB in 2021

Reuben Frank
EAGLES INSIDER
he Eagles have decided to go with Jalen Hurts at quarterback this year, according to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen.T

Mortensen, speaking on SportsCenter, said owner Jeff Lurie has instructed the front office to surround Hurts with as much talent as possible this offseason and to not bring in competition for last year’s 2nd-round draft pick.

"Jalen Hurts is the guy,” Mort said. "Jeffrey Lurie, the owner of the Eagles, has basically sent a message to his personnel department and his general manager, Howie Roseman, that he wants to do everything he can to help Jalen Hurts be successful and not bring in somebody to compete for the job.”

Soon after, Mortensen followed up on his comments on Twitter, saying: "I would not report the Eagles have internal unanimity on Hurts as QB1 but sources say the boss, Jeffrey Lurie, has instructed his group to prioritize making Hurts successful in 2021 as opposed to creating a true competition.”

This would mean Lurie does not want the Eagles to draft a quarterback at No. 6, which brings weapons like LSU receiver Ja’Marr Chase, Alabama receiver DeVonta Smith and Florida tight end Kyle Pitts into play.

Hurts replaced benched Carson Wentz at halftime of the Eagles’ game against the Packers and then started the last four games of the season.

He became the second QB in NFL history with two 330-yard passing games within his first four career starts and the first QB in NFL history with two games with 300 passing yards and 60 rushing yards as a rookie.

He also fumbled six times in those four games, losing two. He finished the season with six TDs and four INTs.

Hurts, who turns 23 in August, is the only quarterback the Eagles currently have under contract.

"Jalen Hurts is the quarterback for this year,” Mortensen said. "They don’t want to bring in competition for him.”

Mortensen said rookie head coach Nick Sirianni is on board with moving forward with Hurts for at least this year.

"Now, they have a new coach in Nick Sirianni, he understands that what the owner wants, the owner gets,” Mortensen said. "Ja’Marr Chase should be in place for this pick.”

Now watch us draft a QB at 6.  Doesn’t make sense that we’d put this out there now ... it’s either a smoke screen or Lurie is suffering early onset.  

Lurie maybe meddling but what is wrong in wanting to see what he has in Hurts ?

Giving Hurts full commitment for next year makes all the sense in the world. What if Hurts turns into the next Russell Wilson ?

What if JaMar Chase or Kyle Pitts whoever they draft turns into superstars ? Eagles already invested a high draft pick on Hurts, so nothing wrong in giving him full commitment to see what we have in Hurts.

If Hurts is not the answer, pretty sure Eagles will be picking high first round next year and can grab their QB.

28 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Lurie maybe meddling but what is wrong in wanting to see what he has in Hurts ?

Giving Hurts full commitment for next year makes all the sense in the world. What if Hurts turns into the next Russell Wilson ?

What if JaMar Chase or Kyle Pitts whoever they draft turns into superstars ? Eagles already invested a high draft pick on Hurts, so nothing wrong in giving him full commitment to see what we have in Hurts.

If Hurts is not the answer, pretty sure Eagles will be picking high first round next year and can grab their QB.

Completely agree!  

Remember back when we used to make fun of franchises with owners who played GM?  Well, now we've got one.

44 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Now watch us draft a QB at 6.  Doesn’t make sense that we’d put this out there now ... it’s either a smoke screen or Lurie is suffering early onset.  

Lurie is a rocket scientist.....let's give away any and all leverage against teams wanting to trade up.

1 hour ago, Moderator6 said:

Jeffrey Lurie, the owner of the Eagles, has basically sent a message to his personnel department and his general manager, Howie Roseman, that he wants to do everything he can to help Jalen Hurts be successful and not bring in somebody to compete for the job.”

Somebody had to take personnel decisions away from dumbarse, I applaud Lurie.

30 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Somebody had to take personnel decisions away from dumbarse, I applaud Lurie.

You would.

Good. Now trade down to 8 or 9 and get Kyle Pitts. 

This is a good decision. Reporters stirring up BS as usual.

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Good. Now trade down to 8 or 9 and get Kyle Pitts. 

I'm afraid the Lions might pick him

Archived