Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

All QB's have been doing it in the offseason for years.  You want us to have some type of reaction that this situation is special.  It is not.

Nobody is looking for over paradise for Hurts. With that being the case the guy is working with a QB guru. He’s working out with receivers. He’s trying to improve. Some guys did not always do that even in Philly. Why does it bother you to give Hurts some credit?

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Nobody is looking for over paradise for Hurts. With that being the case the guy is working with a QB guru. He’s working out with receivers. He’s trying to improve. Some guys did not always do that even in Philly. Why does it bother you to give Hurts some credit?

Well, he really needs to get better, so he should be working with a QB guru.  46% completions in the second half and points on 2 of 22 drives is not gonna get it done.

6 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Seeing a lot of "1-3" talk with Hurts. Those folks have a clear agenda.

Yeah. A lot of those guys were avid worshippers of the throne of the 3-8-1 guy.  

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Well, he really needs to get better, so he should be working with a QB guru.  46% completions in the second half and points on 2 of 22 drives is not gonna get it done.

So it is relevant, and important. Your own post just proves that. So again I ask why are you trying to dismiss it? 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So it is relevant, and important. Your own post just proves that. 

It is not relevant to go on about it.  Kinda like Chris Rock in his stand up.

" I take care of my kids " " You're supposed to you dumb mfer "

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Well bud some guys would rather shoot ducks or some crap instead. 🤷‍♂️ Seriously some players think they already made it and there’s nothing that guides players to have to work on their technique in the off-season especially when you consider the organization has actual off-season workouts. That’s the "supposed” to stuff. Truth be told some players bail on that stuff too. He’s going above and beyond it. 

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well bud some guys would rather shoot ducks or some crap instead. 🤷‍♂️ Seriously some players think they already made it and there’s nothing that guides players to have to work on their technique in the off-season especially when you consider the organization has actual off-season workouts. That’s the "supposed” to stuff. Truth be told some players bail on that stuff too. He’s going above and beyond it. 

Carson Wentz working out with Colts receivers

Josh Alper

7 hours ago

The trade sending quarterback Carson Wentz from the Eagles to the Colts can’t become official until Wednesday, but Wentz isn’t waiting until then to start developing relationships with his new teammates.

57 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Carson Wentz working out with Colts receivers

Josh Alper

7 hours ago

The trade sending quarterback Carson Wentz from the Eagles to the Colts can’t become official until Wednesday, but Wentz isn’t waiting until then to start developing relationships with his new teammates.

Good for him. 

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Your agenda is so clear you might as well quit trying to hide it. 

3 minutes ago, nipples said:

Your agenda is so clear you might as well quit trying to hide it. 

What agenda is that ??  That I am not impressed with Jalen Hurts ??  That is not an agenda, it is an opinion.

30 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Good for him. 

Lol just throwing fuel on the fire buddy

56 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lol just throwing fuel on the fire buddy

Well at least he’s trying to make a good impression over there. Obviously the great one doesn’t need any practice. 😂🤣😂 Nevertheless the Eagles quarterback needs all the help he can get.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Good for him. 

You know Carson worked out with the Eagles receivers in the off season, except last year when you were not supposed to.

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Um this is about Hurts working to get better. Why are you questioning me about that? Shouldn’t you just be happy? 

Good for him, no problem with it. I'm still waiting for you to answer who has bashed him for working and trying to get better. 

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

You know Carson worked out with the Eagles receivers in the off season, except last year when you were not supposed to.

I know he did so at times. Brady worked out with guys last year too though. I guess he showed why he led his team to a Super Bowl while our guy led us to three wins. Oh well. Water under the bridge. He’s gone now.

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

Good for him, no problem with it. I'm still waiting for you to answer who has bashed him for working and trying to get better. 

So you are indeed happy that Hurts is the Eagles quarterback and you are happy he’s working to improve himself. Hmmmmmm......

On 3/15/2021 at 1:15 PM, EazyEaglez said:

So it is relevant, and important. Your own post just proves that. So again I ask why are you trying to dismiss it? 

It really is seeming like "That Other guy" is living rent-free in your head. Give it a rest please. Thanks.

4 hours ago, eglz1 said:

It really is seeming like "That Other guy" is living rent-free in your head. Give it a rest please. Thanks.

The other guy doesn’t mean a thing to me other than hopes of a first. You got a problem with me post feel free to ignore it. Not sure why you combined my posts when they were clearly on different topics though. 

3 hours ago, XoqTionR said:

When it comes down to it I think Hurts deserves an opportunity to play out the season to see what he can do. I get why people are concerned with Hurts, because he wasn’t great last season, but I like a guy who is trying to work to get himself better, and there is something to be said about his leadership skills that everyone is raving about. I don’t mind the Eagles brining in a quarterback to push Jalen, but I do think it would be a mistake to draft another quarterback early. Frankly other than Eli Manning most of these top five quarterbacks don’t amount to much anyways. 

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

When it comes down to it I think Hurts deserves an opportunity to play out the season to see what he can do. I get why people are concerned with Hurts, because he wasn’t great last season, but I like a guy who is trying to work to get himself better, and there is something to be said about his leadership skills that everyone is raving about. I don’t mind the Eagles brining in a quarterback to push Jalen, but I do think it would be a mistake to draft another quarterback early. Frankly other than Eli Manning most of these top five quarterbacks don’t amount to much anyways. 

Trouble is... Whilst I agree that Hurts should get a crack at the job this year what do we think about the QB drafts in the next couple of years? If they aren't great then that's an issue if Hurts isn't the answer. It's a tricky one. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Trouble is... Whilst I agree that Hurts should get a crack at the job this year what do we think about the QB drafts in the next couple of years? If they aren't great then that's an issue if Hurts isn't the answer. It's a tricky one. 

Why are we so certain any of these guys in this draft will be so great anyway? The last "generational quarterback” taken was Luck and he never even went to the Super Bowl and is out the league. When it comes down to it I’d rather they build the roster up while Hurts is cheap than throwing more money at a first round quarterback who isn’t good enough to carry the team. Once these big contracts hit with these quarterbacks it makes it a lot harder to field a team also. Groom Hurts and build the roster. If we are judging what Hurts is off three games then we are making a mistake. If they judged McNabb off his rookie season then they probably draft another quarterback. 

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Why are we so certain any of these guys in this draft will be so great anyway? The last "generational quarterback” taken was Luck and he never even went to the Super Bowl and is out the league. When it comes down to it I’d rather they build the roster up while Hurts is cheap than throwing more money at a first round quarterback who isn’t good enough to carry the team. Once these big contracts hit with these quarterbacks it makes it a lot harder to field a team also. Groom Hurts and build the roster. If we are judging what Hurts is off three games then we are making a mistake. If they judged McNabb off his rookie season then they probably draft another quarterback. 

I'm there with you bud unless they really think the guy they can get at #6 is a can't miss talent. Now I doubt very much that's going to be the case so I agree build around Hurts. Build an elite roster (sadly Howie won't do that because he can't draft) but that's what they should do. 

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's the main concern. Hurts has to be extremely good this year, or the team could face being the bottom of the division for the next five-ten years. Next year's QB class looks iffy and the team would have to be really really bad to have a high enough pick to get one of them. If not, they'd have to package picks and trade up, potentially reaching for a guy just because there aren't any better options. If they stick with Hurts through two years, and he doesn't develop, now you face the current young guys with contracts ending. Then what do you do? Pay big money to Goedert '22, Sanders '23, or Mailata '22 knowing that you still don't have quality QB so won't be contending anytime soon? If Hurts is really bad next year, then the team might have a high enough pick to get a guy in next year's draft. Which still means all the contracts ending in '22 or '23 come into play since the team might not be ready to content. 

It is definitely a bad situation to be in. Everything rides on Hurts being an above average QB. 

Archived