Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Lurie/Howie:  we don't want to bring in competition for Jalen Hurts, we want to build around him.

Then there's this:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/2021-nfl-draft-trey-lance-pro-day-eagles

Moral of the story:  never believe anything during the silly season.  

Perhaps I’m over analyzing a bit but this seems to further confirm Mort’s report from earlier in the week. Based on prior history, the Eagles won’t be selecting a new franchise QB at #6 whose pro day the Owner, GM and HC didn’t even go to. Not in a billion years. Especially with how hands on Lurie apparently is.

This seems purely info gathering just to have the information. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/10/2021 at 9:59 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

He faced a lot in college. 

Like what exactly?  He got benched to end his Alabama career and then moved to OU versus compete with Tua.  He went in to OU which is clearly the best school in a no defense conference and didn't live up to his predecessors.  Is that what you are referencing?

35 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Like what exactly?  He got benched to end his Alabama career and then moved to OU versus compete with Tua.  He went in to OU which is clearly the best school in a no defense conference and didn't live up to his predecessors.  Is that what you are referencing?

He to benched but he didn't immediately transfer.  He came back the next season and was a great supportive teammate.  Never made an issue out of any of it and then in the 2018 SEC Championship Game Tua got injured late in the game and Jalen Hurts came in with Alabama down and led them on a comeback to win the game.  That's showing a lot right there. 

Then after that he transferred to finish his college career somewhere that he could play. 

The O line needs to be addressed in the draft. We can't have the most sacked QB in the NFL again for another season. 

9 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

The O line needs to be addressed in the draft. We can't have the most sacked QB in the NFL again for another season. 

Yes they can draft some younger guys but, that had more to do with coaching the QB and injuries then the talent on the line itself

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes they can draft some younger guys but, that had more to do with coaching the QB and injuries then the talent on the line itself

Yep. Pass blocking starts up front. Doesn't matter who the QB is, If you don't block the QB gets sacked. Injuries played a large role and the depth was a big problem. I'd give the whole line an F grade for last year. 

On 3/11/2021 at 1:55 PM, XoqTionR said:

I think fulghams production stopped due to eagles trying to bring back in old injured vets like jackson and jeffrey. Think fulghams will pan out this year. Isn't ward a free agent though?

The Eagles tendered him, so he'll be back.

On 3/11/2021 at 1:55 PM, XoqTionR said:

I think fulghams production stopped due to eagles trying to bring back in old injured vets like jackson and jeffrey. Think fulghams will pan out this year. Isn't ward a free agent though?

Ward was recently signed.  $850K, one year.

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

51kn2t.jpg

53 QBs on the roster sounds GREAT!!!

It isn't easy when you're talking about oline and dline, etc.

Lane Johnson is there.

People to draft this year include  Taven Collins, Chazz Surratt and Tony Poljan.  

2026 is when we should have the chance to draft Arch Manning, son of Cooper Manning.  

18 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

2026 is when we should have the chance to draft Arch Manning, son of Cooper Manning.  

Just a few more years to suck then...

On 3/12/2021 at 8:44 AM, time2rock said:

Lurie/Howie:  we don't want to bring in competition for Jalen Hurts, we want to build around him.

Then there's this:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/2021-nfl-draft-trey-lance-pro-day-eagles

Moral of the story:  never believe anything during the silly season.  

When it comes to the Eagles FO usually the stuff you hear that comes out tends to be false. How many times do you hear the Eagles are in the mix for this player or that player, but never get the player at all? Eagles fans are notoriously good at being victims of clickbait. 

29 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yeah, first time ever a QB worked out with receivers in the off season.

It’s not about the fact he’s working out with receivers (for the record he planned to do that weeks ago) it about the fact Agholor is there. In any case you seem bothered by Hurts working out in the off-season with receivers. The only quarterbacks I care about working with receivers are ones that play for the Eagles.

On 3/13/2021 at 7:02 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

Come on bro. You know Philadelphia’s history with relatives of special talents don’t you? We always get the ones that stink. I hope for his sake he doesn’t end up here.

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s not about the fact he’s working out with receivers (for the record he planned to do that weeks ago) it about the fact Agholor is there. In any case you seem bothered by Hurts working out in the off-season with receivers. The only quarterbacks I care about working with receivers are ones that play for the Eagles.

Waddle, Smith and Chase are also working out at the same facility.  Nothing to see here.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Waddle, Smith and Chase are also working out at the same facility.  Nothing to see here.

Well Hurts is a big fan of Waddle, as has been reported. We will see what happens. None of that is as attention grabbing as Agholor there IMO. I guess he’s there cause he’s buds with Ward. Who really knows, but I find it interesting. Also for all you guys whining that Hurts is just a throwing running back it’s good to see he’s out there trying to get better. I guess it’s too hard to give him some credit for working though when you’re still stuck on the other guy. 🙄

27 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Where has someone bashed Hurts for trying to improve?

3 minutes ago, Swoop said:

No one has.  People want praise heaped on him for doing something that all QB's do in the off season.  

7 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Um this is about Hurts working to get better. Why are you questioning me about that? Shouldn’t you just be happy? 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Um this is about Hurts working to get better. Why are you questioning me about that? Shouldn’t you just be happy? 

All QB's have been doing it in the offseason for years.  You want us to have some type of reaction that this situation is special.  It is not.

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No one has.  People want praise heaped on him for doing something that all QB's do in the off season.  

This wasn’t about praising Hurts for working out, but some of you have ripped him for being a crap quarterback. He’s trying to get better. That’s commendable even if you’re all still stuck on that other guy.  Again though this was about the fact Agholor was there. Not ALL quarterbacks work to get better either. 

Archived