1 hour ago, YubaEagle said:

but how many rushing yards tonight?

326 passing yards.

Many equate passing yards with good QB. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don't follow college but I've heard others say it's not a great QB draft. If that's the case, could be a very bleak future.

2022 QB class looks pretty rough. Especially compared to the high end prospects from the past couple of years. 

Maybe Howie will use their high picks this year to trade down and get 2023 first round picks to get a QB. Rattler hasn't been lighting things up. Sam Howell might be the top guy right now.

Yahoo's QB Draft Rankings

Here's some info from Reddit:

2022 - Sam Howell, Spencer Rattler, Grayson McCall, Kedon Slovis, J.T. Daniels, Jayden Daniels, Bo Nix, Tanner Morgan, D’Eriq King, Brock Purdy, Desmond Ridder, and likely a few others.

2023 - D.J. Uiagalelei, C.J. Stroud, Bryce Young, and any QB who skips the 2022 draft from above. DJ at Clemson hasn't lived up to Lawrence and Watson.

I'd just hate to see them use a lot of draft capital and reach for a QB because they need one. Maybe stick with Flacco or Minshew for a year with Hurts backing up, build up the aging lines and defense, then maybe try to make a move for a QB. 

9 minutes ago, kentwo said:

I'd just hate to see them use a lot of draft capital and reach for a QB because they need one. Maybe stick with Flacco or Minshew for a year with Hurts backing up, build up the aging lines and defense, then maybe try to make a move for a QB. 

Yeah I've been saying this for a while now. I don't want them to use the draft capital they have in 2022 to move up to get a QB. It doesn't look like a great draft for QBs and this roster has a whole lot of holes.

People are waiting for Hurts to be a QB he is not. He is a good guy and I want him to be the franchise QB but as of right now he is proving me right as far as his lack of accuracy.

8 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

People are waiting for Hurts to be a QB he is not. He is a good guy and I want him to be the franchise QB but as of right now he is proving me right as far as his lack of accuracy.

I'm not even so concerned by his accuracy to be honest. I'm more concerned by his lack of ability to read and diagnose. Right now he's a one read and run QB and he's going to have to do more than that if he wants to survive in this league. But i do love him so I'm rooting for him. 

15 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not even so concerned by his accuracy to be honest. I'm more concerned by his lack of ability to read and diagnose. Right now he's a one read and run QB and he's going to have to do more than that if he wants to survive in this league. But i do love him so I'm rooting for him. 

To be fair to him, going through your progressions is hard to do when your right guard is a turnstile and you can put who you want back there, but if you only run the ball 3 times you're going to get your ass kicked 99 times out of a 100.

I mean jesus I thought Doug's playcalling was imbalanced but Sirianni makes him look like a smashmouth coach.

To be clear, I'm not saying Hurts was good the underthrow on the pick was godawful, but having your coach call a game like that in your 7th start is going to be rough.

21 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

To be fair to him, going through your progressions is hard to do when your right guard is a turnstile and you can put who you want back there, but if you only run the ball 3 times you're going to get your ass kicked 99 times out of a 100.

Did Dickerson really struggle that badly? That's got to be a concern. 

19 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Did Dickerson really struggle that badly? That's got to be a concern. 

There was a sack late in the first half where a rookie backup blew by him like he wasn't there, he looks miles off, picture Herbig first game up last year.

The whole of the first half was a concern for the whole team, the O Line was shaky, Hurts was running into trouble and underthrew Reagor by a good yard and a half on the pick, the defense got beaten like a drum outside a couple of really great plays (the TD and a goal line stand), the Cowboys ran wild Zeke was running through us and I mean that literally he was knocking our linebackers over and carrying on, and the crowning stupidity is Sanders went for 24 on his first run, 3 yards on his second and then never carried the ball again, I've never seen anything like it, it was inexplicable.

I will say the refs were about the homeriest homers I've ever seen, they called Slay for a PI which looked to me like a perfectly timed solid play then let Dallas get away with worse the rest of the half, pretty much refused to call Dallas for holding and at one stage called the clearest incomplete pass called a catch I've ever seen, all that with a good minute and a half watching video attempting to find an excuse to reverse a no TD call that everyone apart from the announcers could tell wasn't clear and obvious, the announcer even started to say I feel like this is a score, as if the standard is 'do you feel like it'.

But yeah regardless of the Refs, we weren't nearly good enough, not nearly.

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

all that with a good minute and a half watching video attempting to find an excuse to reverse a no TD call that everyone apart from the announcers could tell wasn't clear and obvious, the announcer even started to say I feel like this is a score, as if the standard is 'do you feel like it'.

See I thought that was a TD when Dak snuck in. From the one angle it looked like a TD so I was a little surprised they didn't give it. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

See I thought that was a TD when Dak snuck in. From the one angle it looked like a TD so I was a little surprised they didn't give it. 

But once it's called not a TD you can only overturn on clear and obvious and the only angle you could see the extension was one that didn't show the goal line that clearly.

Honestly I'm amazed the NFL hasn't explored the possibility of in ball transmitters for spotting the ball and breaking the plane at this point.

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That was the only angle you could see the ball and the whistle was being blown right as he put the ball over the goal line

Right now Hurts is showing the same performance characteristics as those few games last year. His running ability is very good and his instinct to get out of trouble by running is clear, and a real shame. Running QB's have proven incapable of winning from the pocket year after year and decade after decade.

Winning from the pocket is the one required ability to be an elite QB in the NFL. Unless they change the rules of the game a lot, it always will be. Hurts is not elite and since he was never fully trained to win from the pocket since Pop Warner, it's too late to train him now. He runs because he always has and at lower levels it helped win games in a big way. Here in the NFL, where adjusting for that takes place, it does not have the same impact.

Right now I see Hurts as a QB2. 

11 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Honestly I'm amazed the NFL hasn't explored the possibility of in ball transmitters for spotting the ball and breaking the plane at this point.

Soccer has goal line technology that instantly informs the referee whether the ball fully crossed the line or not... Surely the NFL could use something similar. 

9 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Right now Hurts is showing the same performance characteristics as those few games last year. His running ability is very good and his instinct to get out of trouble by running is clear, and a real shame. Running QB's have proven incapable of winning from the pocket year after year and decade after decade.

Winning from the pocket is the one required ability to be an elite QB in the NFL. Unless they change the rules of the game a lot, it always will be. Hurts is not elite and since he was never fully trained to win from the pocket since Pop Warner, it's too late to train him now. He runs because he always has and at lower levels it helped win games in a big way. Here in the NFL, where adjusting for that takes place, it does not have the same impact.

Right now I see Hurts as a QB2. 

This loss, was mostly due to the fact that Dallas is a superior team that addressed their defense in the offseason in the big way; combined with erroneous Eagles drafting and Siri inability to be more than what he is, a first year coach who is making rookie mistakes.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hurts is what he is and always has been.  He is a one read and run QB with no accuracy.  His college game was built around broken plays and having premium talent around him. He played for the best college staffs in the country and they tried to stop these tendencies that we see today.  It got him replaced at Alabama and forced that transfer to OU.  He is a good guy, but this is not gong to change.  The NFL has blueprinted him and he won't get away with that BS style in the NFL.  

Just now, Traveler Vic said:

This loss, was mostly due to the fact that Dallas is a superior team that addressed their defense in the offseason in the big way; combined with erroneous Eagles drafting and Siri inability to be more than what he is, a first year coach who is making rookie mistakes.

A mobile QB is a guy who wins from the pocket and can run a little too. 

A running QB is a RB who can throw a little.

Hurts is the latter, period.

He's a QB2 and the Eagles should've seen it in try outs and game film before the draft. They didn't because they can't judge college talent.

5 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Hurts is what he is and always has been.  He is a one read and run QB with no accuracy.  His college game was built around broken plays and having premium talent around him. He played for the best college staffs in the country and they tried to stop these tendencies that we see today.  It got him replaced at Alabama and forced that transfer to OU.  He is a good guy, but this is not gong to change.  The NFL has blueprinted him and he won't get away with that BS style in the NFL.  

And I'm not going to argue that with you bud. I really like Hurts but I am biased as I just really like the guy, his attitude and the way he handles himself. But i can see his flaws and those are absolutely concerns if he can't correct them. And chances are he isn't going to be able to correct them. 

On Hurts overall, I think he can do it and he doesn't shy away from taking responsibility, I think with decent coaching he could be a QB1, but he's having to learn on the job when he's an obvious 'sit and learn behind an experienced old hand' candidate.

You could have played any or all 3 of Hurts, Flacco and Minshew last night and it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference to the end result.

5 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

A mobile QB is a guy who wins from the pocket and can run a little too. 

A running QB is a RB who can throw a little.

Hurts is the latter, period.

He's a QB2 and the Eagles should've seen it in try outs and game film before the draft. They didn't because they can't judge college talent.

I hold Siri a lot more accountable for the Dallas loss than Hurts. That said, it was a crap show all around. With Dickerson looking like a major draft miss. Only Gainwell keeps reassuring me that we have had some good picks in this draft.

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

On Hurts overall, I think he can do it and he doesn't shy away from taking responsibility, I think with decent coaching he could be a QB1, but he's having to learn on the job when he's an obvious 'sit and learn behind an experienced old hand' candidate.

I think what he's got to do is focus on improving his game. I do think there's a good (not great) QB within him but he's got flaws that need to be addressed. The only person who can do that is him. 

3 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

He is who he was in college.  Hoping that the NFL will break/train/develop/scheme all of his issues away is crazy.

Archived