Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d say we need competitors in TC.  Serious competitors too.  Jalen can’t think this job is his.  He had all year to work out seeing the field and making those improvements and he didn’t improve.  It’s a real concern for wr development as it is his as well.  Would a veteran FA Wr want to come here knowing his impact and success are hinged on his qbs inability to get him the ball?  I don’t know.  

19 minutes ago, BirnGreen said:

I’d say we need competitors in TC.  Serious competitors too.  Jalen can’t think this job is his.  He had all year to work out seeing the field and making those improvements and he didn’t improve.  It’s a real concern for wr development as it is his as well.  Would a veteran FA Wr want to come here knowing his impact and success are hinged on his qbs inability to get him the ball?  I don’t know.  

Sinnet Reid is coming for you Jalen, watch out!

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

You're just a hater! :P

Your grouchiness aside, sure pro athletes all need that work ethic or they wouldn't be there. Not everyone has it. I think the fact that his teammates keep talking about it means it stands out to them.

It could also mean they like him as a person and teammate, but can't find other positives to associate with him. I'm sure many of us have played sports, gone to school, or worked with people that are really nice and we like them, but they lacked talent, so when describing them to others we would say things like " hard worker".

5 minutes ago, kentwo said:

It could also mean they like him as a person and teammate, but can't find other positives to associate with him. I'm sure many of us have played sports, gone to school, or worked with people that are really nice and we like them, but they lacked talent, so when describing them to others we would say things like " hard worker".

That's certainly possible.

I think if that's the case some "leaks" would start to come out that players aren't satisfied with him.  Of course, once Howie decides to get a new QB then all of a sudden those leaks will show up as he gets the spin machine going.

2 hours ago, BornGreen said:

I understand that sentiment, but I still have an issue with it.  Jalen Hurts is nearly objectively incapable of winning an honest training camp competition.  Everything he does well cannot be displayed in a controlled training camp environment in a red jersey.  

Any qb.  ANY QB will sit in the pocket and toss a prettier, more accurate pass, roll left and toss a better ball, roll right and toss a better ball.  That’s all you can really judge in TC and there is no way Hurts competes with ANYONE on that front.

The either hand him the job, as they did in the back end of 2020 and for all of 2021, or the move on.  Because he sure as hell isn’t going to earn it in camp.

3 hours ago, BornGreen said:

What decent quarterback would you get that would agree to come here to be a "serious competitor"? Maybe if you are talking about a rookie but why would you waste a draft pick on a guy that you hoped wouldn't beat out your current guy?

2 hours ago, kentwo said:

Yes. Don't know if this is a thing you have in the States,but over here sports teams (amateur obviously), have something called Clubman of the Year award.

You don't really want to be getting it.

The work ethic thing grates a bit.

These guys are professional sportsmen, full commitment should be the bare minimum at all times.

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

It should have gone to Smith but whatever 🤷‍♂️

Congrats Hurts

Slay had a better season than both of them.

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

You're just a hater! :P

Your grouchiness aside, sure pro athletes all need that work ethic or they wouldn't be there. Not everyone has it. I think the fact that his teammates keep talking about it means it stands out to them.

They said Wentz was a great worker too

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They said Wentz was a great worker too

He was.  Both were "first in, last out" guys.  That doesn't alone mean they will be good QBs.  It's just a factor.  I said I believe Jalen will work hard to improve, and make some improvements but I don't think it's enough.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

He was.  Both were "first in, last out" guys.  That doesn't alone mean they will be good QBs.  It's just a factor.  I said I believe Jalen will work hard to improve, and make some improvements but I don't think it's enough.

You know me to well that you know I'm just being a miserable ass lol. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You know me to well that you know I'm just being a miserable ass lol. 

*too

:smoke:

:roll:

6 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Congrats Hurts

The fanfare for such a mediocre player really is bizarre.

22 minutes ago, NOTW said:

*too

:smoke:

:roll:

I will.never learn or give a sheet about how many O's toooo put in tooooooo

On 1/25/2022 at 12:12 PM, Mike030270 said:

Congrats Hurts

Fans give extra points to QBs who run in circles and break the pocket unnecessarily....even if they miss the receiver by a mile.  Excitement points.  Smith should have won that award with Slay in the same discussion.

53 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't get the hype around him. He's a likeable guy but his skills at QB aren't good

I think this is fair. I root for him (as I know you do) but ultimately I think we know that he's not going to be good enough. 

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't get the hype around him. He's a likeable guy but his skills at QB aren't good

It's honestly shocked me. Didn't really discuss him with anyone the first few weeks cause I was sure everyone knew he wasn't that good. To my surprise, this man has an army behind him.

1 hour ago, Vileborg said:

It's ok, I dreamed we gave Hurts a 7 year 289mil deal.

I'd take a break from football if Howie did that

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm still coming to terms that it was only a dream. Begs to ask, why does my subconscious hate me so much?

On 1/19/2022 at 1:20 PM, pallidrone said:

So you are saying that it is impossible for anyone to work on their physical skills and become better?

Exactly, our own receiver room proves that. Quez and Ward are both guys who have become serviceable NFL players due to intangibles. In theory, Reagor should have more physical tools than them, but he doenst have the same mindset (at the very least)

23 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

On 1/27/2022 at 1:15 PM, Mike030270 said:

You are really gonna spend an off-season on this schtick? Your team has a young ascending QB on the cheap with cap space and draft picks, primed to start seriously contending as early as next year and yet folks like you will spend the off-season miserable and depressed about the status of this team.

Only to realize in November 2022 what they could have realized in November 2021: the good times have arrived again in Philly and we can relax and enjoy the ride.

Archived