Time to put Howie back in the basement? - Discuss Howie Roseman here

ToDie4Eagles

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't know if you've heard but... Howie is the smartest guy in the room. 

😉

Yeah they love to prove how much smarter they are than everyone else according to themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I was just reading an article about Marcus Smith and how he was battling depression when he was an Eagle. Again how does stuff like this keep getting by Howie? Nate Gerry tweets, mental illness of Smith and Brooks, Jackson and his me first attitude, Danny Watkins and his no desire to play football, and the reports of the mental immaturity of Andre Dillard. It’s one thing to miss on the talent, but he’s also missing on the off the field and mental stability stuff too. 

I skimmed that (Smith) article days ago, but from my understanding, the depression progressed as his NFL career failed. It's not like it was an issue before that. Was that even a Howie pick? Was Watkins? I'm going to go out on a limb and say we didn't miss on Brooks. The injuries are the only thing really hindering his game. The Eagles have been aware and supportive of his anxiety and it's been helpful to him. He's been helpful to other players and people with similar issues. Regarding Dillard, I'm not sure if "reports" are always true, but with the exception of D. Watkins, these are all basically very young adults coming into the NFL that have a lot of maturing to do. That isn't uncommon. That's why you always want to have veteran leadership on your roster. 

On 10/17/2020 at 2:56 PM, brkmsn said:

I skimmed that (Smith) article days ago, but from my understanding, the depression progressed as his NFL career failed. It's not like it was an issue before that. Was that even a Howie pick? Was Watkins? I'm going to go out on a limb and say we didn't miss on Brooks. The injuries are the only thing really hindering his game. The Eagles have been aware and supportive of his anxiety and it's been helpful to him. He's been helpful to other players and people with similar issues. Regarding Dillard, I'm not sure if "reports" are always true, but with the exception of D. Watkins, these are all basically very young adults coming into the NFL that have a lot of maturing to do. That isn't uncommon. That's why you always want to have veteran leadership on your roster. 

My goodness is Howie your new save a person? Not in any way am I saying Brooks is a bad player, what I’m saying is if Howie’s going to be giving Jeff Lurie’s money out there he ought to doing a bit more research. No matter how you try and sugar coat things Howie is responsible for brining these players in. Danny Watkins was the Eagles first pick in the 2011 draft. From 2010-2014 Howie Roseman”s official total was GM so if Howie didn’t draft him who did? You can choose not to believe whatever you like though. That’s why you think JJAW is the greatest thing since sliced bread. It’s one thing to be positive, but it’s a whole other thing to just ignore reality, because you don’t like it. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

My goodness is Howie your new save a person? No in any way am I saying Brooks is a bad player, what I’m saying is if Howie’s going to be giving Jeff Lurie’s money out there he ought to doing a bit more research. No matter how you try and sugar coat things Howie is responsible for brining these players in. Danny Watkins was the Eagles first pick in the 2011 draft. From 2010-2014 Howie Roseman”s official total was GM so if Howie didn’t draft him who did? You can choose not to believe whatever you like though. That’s why you think JJAW is the greatest thing since sliced bread. It’s one thing to be positive, but it’s a whole other thing to just ignore reality, because you don’t like it. 

sigh ...

FYI, predictions aren't "reality."

Show me one post ever that I made that stated JJAW was good, let alone "great." I get it ... I argue against the conclusion that he's a bust and all the other premature labels the same people offer. That makes me a horrible guy, because I don't fall in line with the mob mentality and try to "fit in" with constant overreactions and negative feedback. 

Show me one post where I said he's a good WR --- just 1 post. You won't find it. It's quite clear, you read only what you want to read and see only what you want to see. Hey! Can you show me a post where I said JJAW was good? Do you think you can dig up a post where I said JJAW was good? Maybe you can search my posts and find that post you think has to be there where I said JJAW was good. Holy crap, your straw mans are tiring. Please show me a post where I said he was a good WR. 

For the readers out there that can actually process words, here's my stance on JJAW: 

He struggled as a rookie early. He improved a bit by late last season. Players and coaches mentioned he did well in training camp this year. He had some opportunities to play early this season but has only 1 catch to show for it on 3 targets. It's disappointing that we aren't getting more production from one of our 2nd rd. picks last year. I have not given up on him becoming a better player in the future. I have not seen enough passes thrown his way to know just what he offers our offense. I would like to see JJAW targeted more than 2 times in a single game to be able to form some kind of opinion on whether or not he's capable of becoming a good WR. I have never stated he was good, great or anything like that. I'm just patient as I understand that some players take longer than others to break out. I do not believe a player is a bust just because his numbers don't stand out in his first 1.25 years. 

Only way this could happen is if Doug pulls a Chip Kelly and tells Lurie he quits if Howie doesn't lose power.

Too late. Howie already has scouts out at Podunk Community College lookiing for next year's draft picks.

Lots of changes need to be made but will they? I feel like I’ve been watching the same team making the same mistakes for the past 3 years.

I stuck up for Howie far too long. The guy is an idiot and needs to be gone. Not sure how Lurie can watch these games and not see that a change needs to be made at the GM position. The personnel has been a problem for years and that's on the GM. Even his juggling of contracts and the cap are becoming issues along with his draft picks. WTF is he doing that's actually been good at this point?

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 12:49 PM, EazyEaglez said:

reports of the mental immaturity of Andre Dillard.

Really?  This is news to me.

My thing is this, think long and hard before drafting any player from the PAC-12, they're soft over there.

Just now, EagleVA said:

Really?  This is news to me.

My thing is this, think long and hard before drafting any player from the PAC-12, they're soft over there.

They were talking about his fights in training camp and being so angry it brought him to tears as they tried to calm him down. 

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

They were talking about his fights in training camp and being so angry it brought him to tears as they tried to calm him down. 

Yep, he's soft.

All I know is that second round draft pick he wasted could have been a LB or a OG or a T or another WR. Just saying. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

All I know is that second round draft pick he wasted could have been a LB or a OG or a T or another WR. Just saying. 

Not to mention a CB to play opposite Slay, or maybe a Safety to replace Jenkins, or an edge rusher to mix in with Graham. Heck anyone but a QB that plays a few snaps a game. 

• Thanks 1

I dont think there is anything to discuss anymore imo.  He needs to be nowhere near this organization under any circumstances.  I hope and wish Mr. Lurie can cut the cord.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

The one thing Chip Kelly was right about!

And Doug needs to act like him towards Howie. Doug needs to tell Lurie he will quit if he doesn't take power from Howie. If it worked for Chip, it should sure as heck work for Doug since he won a Super Bowl.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

And Doug needs to act like him towards Howie. Doug needs to tell Lurie he will quit if he doesn't take power from Howie. If it worked for Chip, it should sure as heck work for Doug since he won a Super Bowl.

I don't see Doug doing that though. And I'm not sure Doug is in a strong enough position right now anyway. 

20 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

The one thing Chip Kelly was right about!

Really? 

Released Jackson --- nothing in return. Traded McCoy for Kiko Alonso. Traded  Foles, a 2nd and a 4th for Bradford. Let Maclin walk and let Cole and Herremans go. Signed Ryan Mathews and D. Murray at the same time. Went all in to get Byron Maxwell. After releasing Jackson and allowing Maclin to sign elsewhere, had a need at WR and drafted Agholor in the 1st. Almost every player we let go was popular or a leader and they all trashed Kelly's "culture." This was a recipe for a team quitting on its coach. 

Howie might make bad moves, but this was a disaster. 

11 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Really? 

Released Jackson --- nothing in return. Traded McCoy for Kiko Alonso. Traded  Foles, a 2nd and a 4th for Bradford. Let Maclin walk and let Cole and Herremans go. Signed Ryan Mathews and D. Murray at the same time. Went all in to get Byron Maxwell. After releasing Jackson and allowing Maclin to sign elsewhere, had a need at WR and drafted Agholor in the 1st. Almost every player we let go was popular or a leader and they all trashed Kelly's "culture." This was a recipe for a team quitting on its coach. 

Howie might make bad moves, but this was a disaster. 

I think the poster was saying Chip sucked at everything but the one correct thing he did was putting Howie in the basement...not that Chip did things well.  And that this should be repeated........

• Like 1