Time to put Howie back in the basement? - Discuss Howie Roseman here

ToDie4Eagles

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You know Howie, he will change his philosophy once again. He changed it every year which is probably why we are so inconsistent year to year 

I'm trying to hope that he will address LB at least in free agency. TJ Edwards and Kyzir White next to Reddick was solid enough and respectable. I don't see him spending on a big free agent but maybe someone solid.

Reading between the lines he noted that the years they made the Super Bowl they had strong LB play...but not this year. So maybe he'll do something about that. They can't rely on Dean. He might be a decent player if he can stay healthy but he will need help.

• Like 1

Well played by Lurie and Howie to basically give themselves a fall guy next season. Sirianni has set himself up to be the guy to get axed when all this falls apart. The heat will be off Howie and Lurie. In fact people will be thanking Howie and Lurie when they fire their puppet, only for them to hire another puppet in his stead. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well played by Lurie and Howie to basically give themselves a fall guy next season. Sirianni has set himself up to be the guy to get axed when all this falls apart. The heat will be off Howie and Lurie. In fact people will be thanking Howie and Lurie when they fire their puppet, only for them to hire another puppet in his stead. 

I think they've potentially (if this all goes wrong) created a real problem for themselves. Because Sirianni will no doubt get the axe if the team struggles. But they have also made it clear the new OC will be running the offense and calling the plays so if the offense struggles that guy is going to get fired. And then at the same time it will raise more questions about Jalen. So I mean if this goes wrong it could go very wrong.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think they've potentially (if this all goes wrong) created a real problem for themselves. Because Sirianni will no doubt get the axe if the team struggles. But they have also made it clear the new OC will be running the offense and calling the plays so if the offense struggles that guy is going to get fired. And then at the same time it will raise more questions about Jalen. So I mean if this goes wrong it could go very wrong.

But all of the pushback goes on all of the people they put in the forefront. People will be praising Howie forgetting out of Jalen's ridiculous contract. Praising Lurie for hiring another HC with a winning record. We have seen all of this play out before.  

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

But all of the pushback goes on all of the people they put in the forefront. People will be praising Howie forgetting out of Jalen's ridiculous contract. Praising Lurie for hiring another HC with a winning record. We have seen all of this play out before.  

But to be fair they’ve been to the SB twice in the last what 6 years? And they were a catch away from another NFFCG and they continually make the play offs most years.

• Like 1

Man we turned on Howie real quick, less than a year ago these same people were saying he’s the best GM in the game. 

On 1/25/2024 at 3:17 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But to be fair they’ve been to the SB twice in the last what 6 years? And they were a catch away from another NFFCG and they continually make the play offs most years.

I have also seen a lack of consistency at the HC position since Reid left and the team’s front office seems to be unwilling to keep any head coach who isn’t willing to be their puppet. They won that Bowl with Doug, and sent him packing, because he refused to be their puppet. I can’t help but to wonder if Howie’s success with the puppet coach mentality has gotten a bit to his head.

• Like 3

On 1/25/2024 at 10:16 AM, NOTW said:

I'm trying to hope that he will address LB at least in free agency. TJ Edwards and Kyzir White next to Reddick was solid enough and respectable. I don't see him spending on a big free agent but maybe someone solid.

Reading between the lines he noted that the years they made the Super Bowl they had strong LB play...but not this year. So maybe he'll do something about that. They can't rely on Dean. He might be a decent player if he can stay healthy but he will need help.

Didn’t Howie say that Cunningham had a great season? 😂🤣😂

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Didn’t Howie say that Cunningham had a great season? 😂🤣😂

He did yeah and that’s a real worry for me. I’m concerned they are putting too much attention on the 10-1 start and not quite enough on the collapse and how they struggled during that good start.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He did yeah and that’s a real worry for me. I’m concerned they are putting too much attention on the 10-1 start and not quite enough on the collapse and how they struggled during that good start.

Yeah I feel the spin is on and many people buying it. A couple new coaches and players and everything will just work, because that kind of upheaval always works! Not. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I feel the spin is on and many people buying it. A couple new coaches and players and everything will just work, because that kind of upheaval always works! Not. 

I'm not sure it is a spin so much. I think Sirianni and Howie believe that this team is closer to the 10-1 team than it is the team which collapsed at the end of the year. It is easy to be blinded by results and ignore what we all saw on the field. Hopefully that isn't the case but that is my worry. When Howie says Cunningham had a good year... He had a good first several weeks but he fell off a cliff and that shouldn't be ignored.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not sure it is a spin so much. I think Sirianni and Howie believe that this team is closer to the 10-1 team than it is the team which collapsed at the end of the year. It is easy to be blinded by results and ignore what we all saw on the field. Hopefully that isn't the case but that is my worry. When Howie says Cunningham had a good year... He had a good first several weeks but he fell off a cliff and that shouldn't be ignored.

What I noticed most was the fundamentals were lacking even more than poor schemes. New coaches won’t matter if guys lack fundamentals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

What I noticed most was the fundamentals were lacking even more than poor schemes. New coaches won’t matter if guys lack fundamentals.

For me Sirianni has to:

1) Build an elite culture here again. He did it once and now he needs to do it again.

2) This team needs to be prepared every single week to come out and perform and to handle the opposition.

3) This team needs to be disciplined and prepared for every situation during a game. Sirianni needs to be using everything to make the right in game decisions because during a game that can be his focus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

For me Sirianni has to:

1) Build an elite culture here again. He did it once and now he needs to do it again.

2) This team needs to be prepared every single week to come out and perform and to handle the opposition.

3) This team needs to be disciplined and prepared for every situation during a game. Sirianni needs to be using everything to make the right in game decisions because during a game that can be his focus.

In a playoff game this team had to call a timeout, because they didn’t have enough players on the field. That type of stuff is inexcusable and can’t happen anymore. Sirianni has to lay down the discipline and the fundamentals. That’s basically his only job now. If guys are still fumbling, running into one another, taking bad penalties, failing to block and not getting off blocks it’s on Sirianni. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

In a playoff game this team had to call a timeout, because they didn’t have enough players on the field. That type of stuff is inexcusable and can’t happen anymore. Sirianni has to lay down the discipline and the fundamentals. That’s basically his only job now. If guys are still fumbling, running into one another, taking bad penalties, failing to block and not getting off blocks it’s on Sirianni. 

Completely agree with you! Sirianni said during TC (or at least I am sure he said this) that sloppy football loses you football matches. Not being ready and prepared is going to lose you football matches and it did. If they cleaned up on some of those issues then maybe they'd have won a game or two more and maybe it would have changed the way this season went.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Completely agree with you! Sirianni said during TC (or at least I am sure he said this) that sloppy football loses you football matches. Not being ready and prepared is going to lose you football matches and it did. If they cleaned up on some of those issues then maybe they'd have won a game or two more and maybe it would have changed the way this season went.

I remember ESP basically saying that the Eagles were very sloppy during this past training camp and that sloppy play rolled right into the regular season. Everyone just assumed that they would eventually click, but it never happened. In fact it became worse to the point that they could no longer win football games. Sirianni is going to need to lay down the law early and not tolerate sloppy practice performances. So they practiced poorly during camp, but still had the very short practices and they did no hitting, and they barely participated in the preseason. This entire mindset needs an overhaul. Did anything happen to Gainwell after he was texting during half time? I don’t even think he got benched that game. No consequences for mistakes, on or off the field. This is now where Siri has to lay down the law. That’s his only chance to save his job. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I remember ESP basically saying that the Eagles were very sloppy during this past training camp and that sloppy play rolled right into the regular season. Everyone just assumed that they would eventually click, but it never happened. In fact it became worse to the point that they could no longer win football games. Sirianni is going to need to lay down the law early and not tolerate sloppy practice performances. So they practiced poorly during camp, but still had the very short practices and they did no hitting, and they barely participated in the preseason. This entire mindset needs an overhaul. Did anything happen to Gainwell after he was texting during half time? I don’t even think he got benched that game. No consequences for mistakes, on or off the field. This is now where Siri has to lay down the law. That’s his only chance to save his job. 

Agree with you! I remember ESP saying they were sloppy during TC and I remember him mentioning it more recently. In fact I seem to recall Sirianni stopped practice during TC to really lay in to the players about how sloppy they were? They even practised at the Linc to try and get some of those issues and comms issues sorted but that didn't seem to work either.

36 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

How the F did a team that went to the Super Bowl just a year ago regress so much in so many different areas?!?!  It really is mind-boggling.  :wacko:

Just now, time2rock said:

How the F did a team that went to the Super Bowl just a year ago regress so much in so many different areas?!?!  It really is mind-boggling.  :wacko:

Loss of key coaches, loss of player personnel, and Howie’s inability to adequately replace personnel. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

We have a useless HC who was propped up by 2 excellent coordinators who were replaced by clowns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

We have a useless HC who was propped up by 2 excellent coordinators who were replaced by clowns.

First time anyone has referred to Gannon as excellent.  :lol:

Steichen I will give you ... he indeed was.

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

First time anyone has referred to Gannon as excellent.  :lol:

Steichen I will give you ... he indeed was.

Compared to the dufus brothers, he certainly appears to be.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 3:20 PM, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Man we turned on Howie real quick, less than a year ago these same people were saying he’s the best GM in the game. 

His wheeling and dealing along with his cap management have always been his strengths.  His talent evaluation and his reluctance to give some priority to certain positions like LB have always been weaknesses.  That’s been the same for a long time … guess it all depends on what part of the season it is as to what the general opinion is of him.  

• Like 1

Howie needs to get the players the COACHES want. He won't though. He'll do what Howie does. But he got us to 2 Super Bowls, so I guess we gotta put up with him.

On 1/29/2024 at 6:25 AM, EazyEaglez said:

That's false. Players can learn how to do things properly and improve. If it were true then teams would never bother bringing in position coaches.

I think the defense will improve with better coaching, but they also need to bring in better talent at certain positions.