NFL.com: Jim Schwartz will allow contract to expire, contemplating retirement

eaglesfan0075

It was not Schwartz who brought the demise of the Eagles. That was Howie. Howie should be promoted out of here, instead of more scapegoats who were given trash to work with, by an Idiot in the front office, who missed on WR two years in a row. Howie Sucks.

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If there’s any consolation Doug said his coordinators would be back last year and they were immediately fired. To be honest I don’t think Doug has any say on if Carson will be back or not and the people who do aren’t talking. Plus until Carson is actually moved they can’t act like they want him gone cause that could ruin the little trade value he has right now. 

Heard this morning on the radio the Eagles actually save 1 mil against the cap if he’s traded. 

Bingo. Even if the team wants to move Wentz there's no incentive to broadcast that to the media at this time. If the team perpetuates the narrative that it will be an open competition between Wentz and Hurts or that they're gonna give Wentz the first crack at the starting job, it can help us maximize whatever trade value we can get for Wentz.

Right now we're trying to boost whatever little leverage we have right now thanks to the big contract extension and Wentz's poor 2020 performance.

1 hour ago, vaeagle2 said:

i would hire sam mills WFT's defensive line coach

Why not promote our own DL coach Burke. Our DL has been the strength of our team.

5 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Bingo. Even if the team wants to move Wentz there's no incentive to broadcast that to the media at this time. If the team perpetuates the narrative that it will be an open competition between Wentz and Hurts or that they're gonna give Wentz the first crack at the starting job, it can help us maximize whatever trade value we can get for Wentz.

Right now we're trying to boost whatever little leverage we have right now thanks to the big contract extension and Wentz's poor 2020 performance.

The bottom line is that if they had full confidence in Carson then they don’t draft Hurts. If they believed all the problems with the offense were on everyone but Carson then they don’t bench Carson. I’m not saying they fully believe in Hurts, but their actions clearly imply they are no longer 100% behind Caron. What they say is one thing, but their actions are saying something completely different. 

2 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Why not promote our own DL coach Burke. Our DL has been the strength of our team.

But, there's talent there to begin with.  You or I might be successful if we were in charge of that group led by Cox.  It's different to scheme the whole defense vs. being in a charge of just a position group. 

• Like 2

Let the rebuilding process begin. 

Maybe we can get a new DC from KC or one of the top defenses.

2 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Let the rebuilding process begin. 

Maybe we can get a new DC from KC or one of the top defenses.

It’s interesting that when Andy left Philly he took a lot of staff with him, but it hardly seems like Doug took much from KC at all. Despite the Philly connections it doesn’t seem like many of those guys want to come back to Philly.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Anyway no surprise to hear Schwartz will be moving on.  I think it was mostly expected since there wasn’t any movement to get him extended in his final year (unless there was some activity toward that behind the scenes that we just didn’t hear about).  

Anyway, best of luck to him in whatever he does next (unless it involves employment with Dallas, Washington, NY, and I’d even include Seattle in there too!).  Regardless of how you feel about him, he was part of a team that finally delivered our first modern day championship (despite the performance of the defense in that game).

I just hope whoever we hire to replace him does a much better job with developing talent (think Douglas and Jones), aren’t blindly committed to lesser players (Gerry), and will be willing to adjust the scheme to match his players’ strengths.  

I think you are being harsh. Jones was a risky pick that didn't work out and he was injured all the time. Douglas? He was okay, but he was a compensatory pick outside the top 100. Carolina is a better fit for him, but he's been just okay.

Fact is you can't blame Schwartz for not developing talent because Howie hasn't given him enough. 2 picks in the top 100 over the last 5 years is not nearly enough.

Good but not great DC. I welcome the change and the opportunity to finally build a complete unit. Bye-bye sticks defense!

56 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

But, there's talent there to begin with.  You or I might be successful if we were in charge of that group led by Cox.  It's different to scheme the whole defense vs. being in a charge of just a position group. 

WFT doesn’t exactly have slouches on their DL:  Young, Kerrigan, Allen, Payne, Toohill, Sweat, ...

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

WFT doesn’t exactly have slouches on their DL:  Young, Kerrigan, Allen, Payne, Toohill, Sweat, ...

Not sure why you are bringing up WFT when we were talking about whether or not the Eagles should promote Burke from DL coach to DC.

2 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Haha. Now we will hire defensive consultants and have no defensive coordinator.

Will one be Stoutland?

Please hire a reputable DC w/a penchant for & values linebackers!  Aside from Jordan Hicks,  desperately seeking reliable LBs w/ versatility like the Byron evans, Seth Joyner, Jtrotter. A great second level of defense will ease out & help this secondary a lot.  

Just now, CalgarEAGLES said:

Please hire a reputable DC w/a penchant for & values linebackers!  Aside from Jordan Hicks,  desperately seeking reliable LBs w/ versatility like the Byron evans, Seth Joyner, Jtrotter. A great second level of defense will ease out & help this secondary a lot.  

If the new DC values LBs, then he isn't going to want to work for Howie. Howie has a financial model of what he wants to spend on each position group. 

4 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Not sure why you are bringing up WFT when we were talking about whether or not the Eagles should promote Burke from DL coach to DC.

That line of reasoning started with a post by vaeagle2 stating to hire WFT’s DL coach Mills. Jenkins27 responded saying we should hire our own DL coach Burke.  I think that is where you came in.  Apologies for the confusion.  

Just now, time2rock said:

That line of reasoning started with a post by vaeagle2 stating to hire WFT’s DL coach Mills. Jenkins27 responded saying we should hire our own DL coach Burke.  I think that is where you came in.  Apologies for the confusion.  

Ok. Got it. No worries. I didn't make that connection, so I thought maybe you thought I was saying our DL was better than theirs or something.

• Haha 1

Just now, CaliEagle said:

If the new DC values LBs, then he isn't going to want to work for Howie. Howie has a financial model of what he wants to spend on each position group. 

It’s not too late to change, Mr. Roseman.  You’re most likely entering a "prove-it-to-me” season, so, clean slate w/different mantra, learn & listen to what your coordinators really wants. New year, new attitude & another newer norm. 

1 hour ago, EaglesIreland said:

Well his contract kind of does mean he’ll be back. After next year I can see him gone if nothing has changed from this season.

Shefter said he could see Lurie eating the 24 mil in dead cap space.  

if the right trade is there, it’s not out of the question.  

The way this all sounds to me it seems like the Eagles were really wanting Schwartz back and he turned them down. I sure hope that wasn’t the case. 

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yep. John Dorsey, the Howie Roseman human shield. 

Yep. They slid that by alotnofnpeiple but it’s absolutely the sole reason Dorsey was brought in.  It either works, or it’s not Howie fault. Again.

3 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Now the question is will the Eagles be lazy and just promote someone from within to replace Schwartz?

Who though?  Is there any competent person on the D staff that you’d trust?  I hope they go get Quinn.  

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

I'm guessing they will hire a new QB coach and make him responsible for fixing Wentz. 

Still a mistake. Doug and Carson just aren't compatible. It's still Dougs offense and he'll still be calling the plays. 

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

Good luck. Coach. Thanks for the SB! 

I kinda liked him, and think he did a good job. At the same time, I have no problem with a new DC coming in.

***Take it for what its worth, but it just came across the ESPN ticker that the Eagles are bringing Doug back***

If it’s on the ticker then it has to be true right? Maybe this is the organization saying to Doug not to worry about winning this WTF game in hopes to keep his job. Just lose baby! 😂

In my language there is a phrase "z hovna bič neupletieš" ... in English you could translate as "you can't create a whip out of the crap"...and I am afraid that Schwartz was trying to create such a whip  out of the sit especially with our secondary and LBs...We may easily realize next season that it is even worse than we thought