Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

I’m fully convinced that the Phillies only lose the games I watch.

I couldn’t watch their first three, and they won them all. I'm able to watch tonight, and they’re down 2-0 in the bottom of the 6th — and to the Mets, of all teams. 🤮

I’m so sorry, guys. Maybe if I change the channel now, things will turn around.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

:offtopic:

 

Looks like my car will be in the shop for a week or more.  More than 60K miles without a problem, and Friday a noise coming from under the hood starting at 30 mph and getting worse as it accelerates.  Take it into the shop this morning and they tell me the transmission is toast; they need to get another one put in.  Luckily for me my car is just barely still in warranty — but they’ve put me in a rental for the next week or more.

Same exact thing happened about 7 years ago with one of my previous vehicles; again just before the warranty expired.  I’m either very lucky or very unlucky.

If it's still under warranty, then you are very lucky.   I've had one go just AFTER warranty.   That's no fun.

47 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

:offtopic:

 

Looks like my car will be in the shop for a week or more.  More than 60K miles without a problem, and Friday a noise coming from under the hood starting at 30 mph and getting worse as it accelerates.  Take it into the shop this morning and they tell me the transmission is toast; they need to get another one put in.  Luckily for me my car is just barely still in warranty — but they’ve put me in a rental for the next week or more.

Same exact thing happened about 7 years ago with one of my previous vehicles; again just before the warranty expired.  I’m either very lucky or very unlucky.

This is a courtesy post, your car warranty is set to expire and we have been trying to reach you about an extended warranty. If you do not like this post in the next 24 hours we will close your file and you will no longer be eligible for an extended warranty (lol no we won’t) 

43 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Agreed. You get bodies on the OL, LB and secondary that all need it. You get help in the running game (which will help Hurts) and give him a solid, albeit not Chase level weapon. I am all for trading down again (though likely not that far).

Yeah I don’t like idea about trading out of the first round, and if we do it should be for some more quality picks. But getting first round caliber player in 2nd round is a win anyways, plus the other guys. Get all those guys and  Also to have 2 firsts, a 2nd, 4 3rds, 2 4ths AND the conditional 2nd from Wentz trade, this roster could be rebuilt very quickly. 

47 minutes ago, Know Life said:

I’m fully convinced that the Phillies only lose the games I watch.

I couldn’t watch their first three, and they won them all. I'm able to watch tonight, and they’re down 2-0 in the bottom of the 6th — and to the Mets, of all teams. 🤮

I’m so sorry, guys. Maybe if I change the channel now, things will turn around.

I never changed the channel. I guess I’m not bad luck after all. Good to know that it some other poor schmuck’s fault when they lose.

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

:offtopic:

 

Looks like my car will be in the shop for a week or more.  More than 60K miles without a problem, and Friday a noise coming from under the hood starting at 30 mph and getting worse as it accelerates.  Take it into the shop this morning and they tell me the transmission is toast; they need to get another one put in.  Luckily for me my car is just barely still in warranty — but they’ve put me in a rental for the next week or more.

Same exact thing happened about 7 years ago with one of my previous vehicles; again just before the warranty expired.  I’m either very lucky or very unlucky.

Worse transmission issue I ever had other than burned out manual clutches was a gasket leak.  What the hell do you do to transmissions?  Two in seven years?

16 minutes ago, Know Life said:

I never changed the channel. I guess I’m not bad luck after all. Good to know that it some other poor schmuck’s fault when they lose.

I was a little worried there. 😂

Maybe I should be more worried about having this conversation with myself.

Phillies Bull pen continues to surprise

18 minutes ago, Know Life said:

I never changed the channel. I guess I’m not bad luck after all. Good to know that it some other poor schmuck’s fault when they lose.

I wasn't able to tune in until the 7th inning.   You are all welcome.

3 minutes ago, Know Life said:

I was a little worried there. 😂

Maybe I should be more worried about having this conversation with myself.

You all right bud? Lol.

Lacking O-Line support but fills gaps in a lot of areas (although I’m a big fan of Awosika).
 

Netted a 2nd round pick next year with the trade down:

01CACB67-F6D9-45E9-A96A-0B0DB515EBA6.png

Baylor is smoking Gonzaga. 

4 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

 

No thanks 

4 hours ago, RLC said:

Watson tanking his trade value + Lurie's history of not caring about a QB's legal problems (Vick) + uncertainty at QB = Watson is a likely target in 2022. 

I think Vick was seen as someone who was deserving of second chance. They certainly cared and held him to commitments to make up for the harm he caused. I don’t think 22 pending civil sex harassment/assault lawsuits are nearly the same. I can’t believe he would be a target unless those suits just go away and that’s not happening unless he just forks out a ton of money. 

8 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Lacking O-Line support but fills gaps in a lot of areas (although I’m a big fan of Awosika).
 

Netted a 2nd round pick next year with the trade down:

01CACB67-F6D9-45E9-A96A-0B0DB515EBA6.png

How many rookies can a coaching staff effectively integrate onto an active roster? I think they managed 8 last year after cuts (and after years of low volume drafting) and 9 in 2016 (CW draft).

8 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

No thanks 

I think Vick was seen as someone who was deserving of second chance. They certainly cared and held him to commitments to make up for the harm he caused. I don’t think 22 pending civil sex harassment/assault lawsuits are nearly the same. I can’t believe he would be a target unless those suits just go away and that’s not happening unless he just forks out a ton of money. 

Lurie absolutely cared about Vick's history. He had to be convinced to bring him in. Tony Dungy lobbied for him - McNabb lobbied for him. 

As for Watson simply forking out a ton of money to make it go away - that still won't change the perception teams have - whatever it is. 

2 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

How many rookies can a coaching staff effectively integrate onto an active roster? I think they managed 8 last year after cuts (and after years of low volume drafting) and 9 in 2016 (CW draft).

I think it depends on how the rookies are distributed.  If you have 8 rookies, but 4 of them are supposed to be starting offensive lineman, that's probably going to be a recipe for disaster.  On the other hand if you have 15 rookies, but they're spread out with 1-2 at each position, and most of them aren't expected to be much more than role players, rotational depth and special teamers, it's probably not much of a problem.

20 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Baylor is smoking Gonzaga. 

Total snoozefest. Never really close at any point in the game.

Hell the way UCLA had been playing all tournament would have rather seen them in the National Championship.

12 minutes ago, Nivraga said:

Lurie absolutely cared about Vick's history. He had to be convinced to bring him in. Tony Dungy lobbied for him - McNabb lobbied for him. 

As for Watson simply forking out a ton of money to make it go away - that still won't change the perception teams have - whatever it is. 

He’s Patriots-bound:

image.thumb.jpeg.b37b7d67b4901ee814d432d5552669b2.jpeg

1 hour ago, jwill2420 said:

Phillies Bull pen continues to surprise

Moore didn’t instill confidence as the 4th starter though. But bullpen and clutch hitting and some nets being the Mets 

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

You all right bud? Lol.

We're Eagles fans. Are any of us really "all right”?

6 minutes ago, Know Life said:

We're Eagles fans. Are any of us really "all right”?

I’m chillin

24 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Moore didn’t instill confidence as the 4th starter though. But bullpen and clutch hitting and some nets being the Mets 

Bullpen looks light years better than last years historically terrible group. Gotta be a confidence boost going forward. 

I'm a Braves fan. Different year, same BS. Decent pitching and abysmal offensive clutchness when it matters.

I know it's a long season but early trends are not good. 3 runs total in a three game series will get you last place in the NL East.

11 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

I’m chillin

That's not exactly the same as being "all right,” though, is it? Nice try, emotionally crippled Eagles fan, but you’re just like the rest of us.

7 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Bullpen looks light years better than last years historically terrible group. Gotta be a confidence boost going forward. 

I'm a Braves fan. Different year, same BS. Decent pitching and abysmal offensive clutchness when it matters.

I know it's a long season but early trends are not good. 3 runs total in a three game series will get you last place in the NL East.

I tend to believe the Braves offense is going to get going. However i wouldn’t be surprised if they have a hangover from how that Dodgers series finished last year. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.