Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

Take it for what it is worth:

 

image.png.b69fa4bc4f6c0513b2483220d2530d95.png

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, bpac55 said:
I like this, however watch them take him at 12.
 
According to Kyle Brandt from @gmfb, the Eagles have spoken to LSU WR Terrace Marshall "a lot.”

Marshall will be an option for the Eagles in round 2.

Don't think so.  He should be gone. 

Just now, devpool said:

8-9 or 9-8? 17 games now 

oh yeah sorry, 8-9 is what I would consider good next year

2 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Take it for what it is worth:

 

image.png.b69fa4bc4f6c0513b2483220d2530d95.png

2nd rd id be okay with. 

4 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Take it for what it is worth:

 

image.png.b69fa4bc4f6c0513b2483220d2530d95.png

No issues with Humphrey in RD2.

15 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

I'm not crazy about anyone in this class.  I haven't watched a ton of Wilson, so I can't comment...but even Lawrence is incredibly flawed as a prospect.

I get it with Lawrence.  He’s tall, nice arm, athletic, makes all the throws, big game pedigree.  Do I think that makes him a generational prospect?  Absolutely not.  But a #1 overall qb?  Definitely.

I know nothing about him as a person or his hunger for the game, but celebrity college qbs scare me.  Now, all big time D1 starting qbs are on campus celebrities...but it’s the nationally renowned guys.  They just don’t seem to approach the game with the same hunger, focus, and precision.  It’s not even #1 overall qbs that are the problem...it’s the select few that became national celebrities in college.  

9 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Take it for what it is worth:

 

image.png.b69fa4bc4f6c0513b2483220d2530d95.png

Those are certainly good (or better) numbers across the board, but I’m surprised that it measures out a 10? 
 

None of those workouts are unprecedented for an OL.  Maybe he’s being graded against centers and not all OL?  

The top of this draft seems to be shaping up like the 99 draft. Except nobody is trading with Atlanta with a Ricky Williams type package (what an insane trade that was). 

image.thumb.jpeg.3d74cbe87d5b9ec04f004eb17eb3e1a8.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

image.thumb.jpeg.3d74cbe87d5b9ec04f004eb17eb3e1a8.jpeg

well...it's good to see that there are other teams that have drafted as poorly at WR than we have 

1 hour ago, blindside said:

I want us to trade back into the end of round 1 for Creed Humphrey. I don’t want to worry about C for another decade

We shouldn't have to.  Humphrey should be there at #37, and I would definitely not be upset if we picked him there.  

1 hour ago, justrelax said:

You guys are brutal.

We are terrible... 

Man I love the way Jaret Patterson runs the ball. If he caught more out of the back field he’d be Sproles 2.0. Such a small guy breaking tackles he runs with power Despite his size. 
 

 

49 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I know what it is and what the numbers are.  There’s more to it than shaving, which is often described to simplify things online.  Even the most minimally invasive form of the surgery alters biomechanics to increase stress on other levels, not to mention the risk of re-herniation.  And this is absolutely radiculopathy...that’s the reason the surgery is done.  Doesn’t mean this can’t go well for him, but it does mean his stock needs to take a big hit.

  Assuming it was the maximally straightforward variant, my advice would be to deduct 32 spots in the draft from wherever you thought he belonged before knowing about the back. My assumption is other teams will be more along the lines of 15-20 docked spots.

It's also troubling to me that the injury is relatively long standing.  I mean he has apparently had the injury for almost a year prior to undergoing surgery.  He opted out of the 2020 season.  I think those are both troubling for me.  I am sure they will have access to the medical records but I think the recent surgery kind of begs the question as to whether there has been an ongoing neurological component from the outset that wouldn't resolve short of surgery.  

Just got my first shot. Waiting on my microchip to finish connecting to the central processor. 😆

1 hour ago, Original Sin said:

I just don’t think it’s something Riley asked him to do much, he certainly seems athletic enough

That could well be. I just don' t recall seeing him hit someone in space. I trust Stoutland to figure it out. Plus, Hurts played with him for a year; he should know.

51 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I get it with Lawrence.  He’s tall, nice arm, athletic, makes all the throws, big game pedigree.  Do I think that makes him a generational prospect?  Absolutely not.  But a #1 overall qb?  Definitely.

I know nothing about him as a person or his hunger for the game, but celebrity college qbs scare me.  Now, all big time D1 starting qbs are on campus celebrities...but it’s the nationally renowned guys.  They just don’t seem to approach the game with the same hunger, focus, and precision.  It’s not even #1 overall qbs that are the problem...it’s the select few that became national celebrities in college.  

Eh I feel like those QBs get figured out in the draft process and ultimately drop. Brady Quinn, Matt Leinart, Manziel, Etc. 
 

Lawrence is of the Andrew Luck/Peyton Manning pedigree. If the Jags still suck in 3 years it’s because Urban isn’t cut out for the NFL. That being said, I’m expecting the Jags to still suck in 3 years. 

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

 

Like Humphrey a lot as a prospect, but he’d be sitting on the bench for a full season behind Kelce; I don’t think he’s ever even played OG

Sitting behind Kelce doesn’t bother me a bit. And if Kelce gets injured, he gets some experience. 

Just now, blindside said:

Sitting behind Kelce doesn’t bother me a bit. And if Kelce gets injured, he gets some experience. 

What better person to learn from

Seems like the Eagles are high on Terrace Marshall. Tells me they aren’t looking at WR in round 1. Unless it’s a smoke screen. 

Just in case anyone needs a good 15 seconds and a reminder of one of the best hits ever in the NFL.

 

19 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Just in case anyone needs a good 15 seconds and a reminder of one of the best hits ever in the NFL.

 

Sheldon Brown's hit against Reggie Bush is still my favorite of all time. As clean as it can get, nothing dirty about it. It would probably get flagged today for some BS "defenseless receiver" crap, but that is about as form-perfect of a tackle that one can do. 

1 hour ago, Original Sin said:

image.thumb.jpeg.3d74cbe87d5b9ec04f004eb17eb3e1a8.jpeg

I wonder how PIT has a negative rating for WR? Wouldn’t have thonk it.

7 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I wonder how PIT has a negative rating for WR? Wouldn’t have thonk it.

Sammie Coates and Dri Archer. Still seems like they should be above average

51 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Seems like the Eagles are high on Terrace Marshall. Tells me they aren’t looking at WR in round 1. Unless it’s a smoke screen. 

Marshall could go 1st round though.  He could go anywhere from around 25-45.  If the Eagles trade back, he might be a target late in the 1st.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.