Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

guy has to be really big POS to carry NDA papers on him to have women sign if they aren't down with his sickness.

Umm yeah - I mean it would indicate that he gets off on the non-consensual contact and it's totally pre-meditated.  

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Watson gotta be the horniest man alive, JFC.

Or just a weirdo. A professional football player shouldn’t have issues finding hundreds of women who would knowingly consent to fulfilling his "needs”. The fact he went this route just means he has some serious issues.

 

5 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Or just a weirdo. A professional football player shouldn’t have issues finding hundreds of women who would knowingly consent to fulfilling his "needs”. The fact he went this route just means he has some serious issues.

No doubt.  I mean, he could have just called Scottie Pippen's ex, she will do anybody.

2 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Oh yeah, Kotite I think goes down as one of the worst coaches in Eagle if not NFL history.  I don't even really think anyone is close.  

 

Absolutely. It's one thing for Lurie to keep Howie when he sucks and another to give someone who is an epic fail at their job a promotion.

22 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Is he that much worse than Robert Kraft? The difference here is that some of the masseuses weren't willing to provide 'extras'. I'll bet other masseuses employed by Watson were more accommodating. I haven't been following the saga, is he accused of more than expecting more than the masseuses were willing to provide? Did he threaten or worse?

As far as I've heard 11 women have accused him of some sort of sexual inappropriate behavior, including one women who said he forced her to give him oral, so take it for what's it's worth.

Either way watson could be in deep 💩 and depending on what he's charged with be looking at prison time.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Bad process to have not vetted him properly though. 

You can't argue the process... they identified at least 5 other players that they really wanted instead, but just couldn't get them.

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

As far as I've heard 11 women have accused him of some sort of sexual inappropriate behavior, including one women who said he forced her to give him oral, so take it for what's it's worth.

Either way watson could be in deep 💩 and depending on what he's charged with be looking at prison time.

I think the issue with Kraft was the possibility of trafficked workers, right? At the very least, there wasn’t an air on non consensual behavior. 

15 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I don't see how you can make a multi-million dollar investment without having a pretty good grasp on his negatives.  I mean picks fail even when a player has been vetted. I think even if his character issues were a concern he was a talented athletic prospect.   I mean: 

image.jpeg.48b368778794595bc2af7ecb49521da8.jpeg

Sure he has struggled but he showed up to camp ready to play and compete.  He struggled in camp but arguably not worse than Mailata who was Ostman's traffic cone in a pre-season scrimmage.  Look how he compares to Peters: 

image.jpeg.40f331cfba229e81008ec13e607c1867.jpeg

or Mailata:

image.jpeg.8755ddd333d13e9c7d7cfe01e262d9e3.jpeg

I think he still has a lot of potential and the Eagles shouldn't get rid of him given the health and depth at the position.  

 

I don’t hate the idea of drafting a great athlete at a premium position. I get it. But it’s incredibly bad process to trade up for an incomplete eval in round 1. No matter how we try to spin it, getting in a last second interview with a guy because you learned he was falling is bad business because it shows you didn’t do the work ahead of time. Why was he falling? And how could a 30 minute conversation make you feel good about trading up for him when you had few picks anyway?

 

54 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Of course they scouted him. That’s how they determined he wouldn’t be there. Then when they heard he was dropping they did a half arse vetting process and traded up for a guy they didn’t put enough work into. That’s on a lot of people, but ultimately Howie decided to move up for him. 

 

Douglas was here at the time so he was running that draft, since it was his job to do so. Douglas's board, and Stout was SO excited in the film review clip he probably pounded the table for the move too. 

Instead of Jordan Howard who has decent mileage on him plus had that pretty serious stinger type injury and looked shot last year. Why not look at Brian Hill? Younger, less miles on his tires, should be pretty cheap, no serious injuries and didn't look shot last year... At least he's healthy as well 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Douglas was here at the time so he was running that draft, since it was his job to do so. Douglas's board, and Stout was SO excited in the film review clip he probably pounded the table for the move too. 

And ultimately Howie agreed. He’s in charge. They didn’t make him do it. 

But you and I don’t have to have this conversation about every bad Howie pick. 

23 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Watson gotta be the horniest man alive, JFC.

This is what he behaves like in business establishments — imagine what his house parties are like 

12 minutes ago, Utebird said:

As far as I've heard 11 women have accused him of some sort of sexual inappropriate behavior, including one women who said he forced her to give him oral, so take it for what's it's worth.

Either way watson could be in deep 💩 and depending on what he's charged with be looking at prison time.

Except no ones going to or submitting anything to police

4 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Instead of Jordan Howard who has decent mileage on him plus had that pretty serious stinger type injury and looked shot last year. Why not look at Brian Hill? Younger, less miles on his tires, should be pretty cheap, no serious injuries and didn't look shot last year... At least he's healthy as well 🤷‍♂️

Brian Hill is the guy I'd have chosen as well. Howard is done, IMO. Chicago ran him into the ground and then gave up on him 2 years ago. He sat on the practice squad after getting cut into Miami. I don't see some miracle resurgence at this point.

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Brian Hill is the guy I'd have chosen as well. Howard is done, IMO. Chicago ran him into the ground and then gave up on him 2 years ago. He sat on the practice squad after getting cut into Miami. I don't see some miracle resurgence at this point.

I'm holding out hope but Hill didn't look shot last year and probably is the same price as Howard. We need guys that are healthy too... Who knows anymore 

Howard will not be a contributor. He will probably play less than 5 snaps a game. A rookie will be drafted as a compliment to Miles.

2 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Brown had one of the worst Combine performances in recent memory that pushed him from a consensus 1st round pick down into the middle of the 3rd round.  He was an alternate for the 2019 Pro Bowl and was named a pretend Pro Bowl player this season.  He’s a pending UFA after the season, so in exchange for not giving away a 1st round pick for a rental player you give away all leverage on a pending extension and will end up paying him a minimum of $14-15M per season on a long term extension.

Translation — Nope.

 

In 2022 they can afford him. I don’t care about his freakin combine in 2018. 

24 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

And ultimately Howie agreed. He’s in charge. They didn’t make him do it. 

But you and I don’t have to have this conversation about every bad Howie pick. 

There no discussion to have about bad Howie picks.  They were bad Douglas picks. 

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

There no discussion to have about bad Howie picks.  They were bad Douglas picks. 

Douglas wasn't here last year.   And Howie had final say when he was.  Howie sucks, end of story.

There's no reason to think Dillard was a bad pick, they didn't expect him to start until his 2nd season, Stoutland had so much confidence in him that Howie didn't bother to draft another LT, and I doubt they had any expectations for Mialata other than a backup last season.

Peters was still an above average LT in 2019 when he was healthy, he did start 13 games:

1. Philadelphia Eagles

When fully healthy, the Eagles' offensive line didn’t have a single weak link, and that is invaluable in a league where weak links are quickly exposed. All five starters — Jason Peters, Isaac Seumalo, Jason Kelce, Brandon Brooks and Lane Johnson — graded among the top-10 players at their respective positions. Seumalo was the only one who graded outside the top-two players at his position. The most impressive performance on the line belongs to Brooks, who had the highest overall grade of any guard in the NFL after tearing his Achilles last postseason. His season was cut short by injury again last week, but his performance as the top player on the league’s top offensive line has been one of the better stories this season.

Connor Barwins fault

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

I don't see how you can make a multi-million dollar investment without having a pretty good grasp on his negatives.  I mean picks fail even when a player has been vetted. I think even if his character issues were a concern he was a talented athletic prospect.   I mean: 

image.jpeg.48b368778794595bc2af7ecb49521da8.jpeg

Sure he has struggled but he showed up to camp ready to play and compete.  He struggled in camp but arguably not worse than Mailata who was Ostman's traffic cone in a pre-season scrimmage.  Look how he compares to Peters: 

image.jpeg.40f331cfba229e81008ec13e607c1867.jpeg

or Mailata:

image.jpeg.8755ddd333d13e9c7d7cfe01e262d9e3.jpeg

I think he still has a lot of potential and the Eagles shouldn't get rid of him given the health and depth at the position.  

 

I am not down on Dillard too much, but comparing him to Peters and Mailata is a bit of a false equivalency.    There's a HUGE difference between the investment of a UDFA (Peters) and a 7th round pick (Mailata) and trading up in the first round (Dillard).   When trading up in the first round, you need to have done your homework.  And if you didn't do the homework... then you don't make the trade.

28 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

There no discussion to have about bad Howie picks.  They were bad Douglas picks. 

Thank you. We have had this discussion before. I get so sick and damn tired of Howie getting all of the blame for draft picks when Douglas was running the scouting department and setting the board for a few years. Howie deserves blame, but so does Douglas. It's just much easier to find a single scapegoat.

35 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

In 2022 they can afford him. I don’t care about his freakin combine in 2018. 

How about trading a 1st round pick for a Pro Bowl player at WR, CB2, and S then — you know, the positions on the team that are currently occupied with minimal talent?  

9 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

In case time has allowed people to forget how bad Dillard actually was, please check out the below Twitter thread with game tape examples. 

 

 

 

Aside from the fact that I have absolute contempt for Kempski, the one thing I noticed that he never did was that, with one exception, Dillard was always in the right spot, His moves were good, His technique was good. What he wasn't was strong enough. He couldn't drop anchor.  Added weight and work in the weight room can take care of that. That he injured himself in the weight room suggests that he was trying to max out. Suggests effort.

You idiots who are burying Dillard are, well, idiots.

Idiots.

Kempski is a troll. All he likes to do is trash people for his stick figures. I had hopes for him a while ago but he has revulsed me at every turn.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.