Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

7 minutes ago, devpool said:

Or based on watching mailata manhandled all pro DEs this past season. What are the odds that dillard is as good as mailata was this past season? Dillard was fine his rookie hear but at no point was he throwing grown men around like mailata can. 

That said, they can have a competition all they want. Mailata will be starting week 1. They should work on trying to train dillard at RT for when Lane inevitably goes down again. 

I really think people fail to realize what an accomplishment it is for Mailata to even play in an NFL game in his 3rd year after never even putting pads on until 2 years prior and then missing his 2nd year with an injury.  What he did is/was truly remarkable.  He came in and learned a new sport.  Adjusted to that sport and showed traits of dominance.  Yes, he struggled but geez that's expected.  He has more promise than any other player on the Eagles roster.  I'm not taking him out for Dillard at all.  

You nailed it.  Mailata has next level strength.  Who in the NFL can say they completely manhandled 6-8 330 lb Calais Campbell?  

What Mailata lacks right now are all of the small instincts and natural reactions that guys have from playing football since Pee-Wee ball.  Dillard got a late start as well but still has about 10 years of football experience over Mailata.  

I'm also not sure why folks are so quick to defend Dillard in his RT disaster game but are so quick to judge Mailata for any poor play he had.  It should be Mailata's job to lose.  Dillard hasn't shown me near enough to warrant a starting position.  

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

My guess is that the repetitive significant ankle injuries resulted In avascular necrosis of his talus, which then collapsed. 

 

So, what you’re saying is it might be advantageous to have more than two OT on the roster and people can quit whining about Dillard crushing Mailata’s dreams like Cinderella’s evil stepsisters?

20 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

One of the dumbest HC hires of all time in the NFL. Inept OC over an offense that had talent becomes HC. Braman was such a POS.

Oh yeah, Kotite I think goes down as one of the worst coaches in Eagle if not NFL history.  I don't even really think anyone is close.  

 

34 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

From PE.com: https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/where-are-they-now-byron-evans

Loved B&E, he's such an underrated player.  Terrible way for him to end his career.  He legit was about to leave the Eagles as a free agent that offseason.

Evans, Joyner, and Willy T. All playmakers. It was great to read that article and think back about how great those defenses were and then I think about our current LB situation and get depressed. I know the game is different now but damn, is getting just 1 above average LB too much to ask?

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

So, what you’re saying is it might be advantageous to have more than two OT on the roster and people can quit whining about Dillard crushing Mailata’s dreams like Cinderella’s evil stepsisters?

I dont want OL early. I think Mailata backed up by Dillard on the left is fine. And I think Lane, backed up by Driscoll on the Right is fine. I like Driscoll at RT and if he ends up starting most of the season there, I think we are ok. We are 4 deep and really dont need any more so I dont want OT early. 

I also dont want a G early. And I dont think we need a C early either. We have success of making mid-late round guys in to excellent starters. No need to spend an early pick on OL. 

My preference is to wait until RD3 for OL, all things considered, but this team is so devoid of long-term young talent that it's BPA for me.

Would I prefer Horn in RD1? Sure. Would I be upset at Slater/Sewell? No. 

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

 Stoutland had not worked out Dillard or even talked with him except a thirty minute Skype because he was thought to be out of reach. https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/how-jeff-stoutland-last-minute-phone-call-helped-eagles-land-andre-dillard
I like Mailata but this projection that he is better than Dillard is uneducated and based on his flop at RT, a position he had never played. 
Juriga has me intrigued. Not a great athlete but Eagles really liked him and made him a priority FA. 
A prospect that has me intrigued is Ryan McCollum from A&M.  Progressed every year.  Nice hand work.  Like Juriga, not very athletic but has nice ability to hand off the DT and get to second level blocks. Should be available Day 3 and I think he can play both C and G. So grab a G day two and a C/G day 3. 

Yes, this was malpractice on the part of Roseman.

47 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

they should let o-line get numbers in the 90s. 

Fat guys should get triple digits

38 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I hope that made up Buttons rumor is true. If Kyle Trask could carry Kyle Pitts’ middling talent to a top 10 pick, imagine what he can do with the Eagles’ skill players. 

:roll:

This will never get old

5 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

yup second round feel like a sweet spot for an iOL. 

If we come away with any of Humphrey, Wyatt Davis, or Landon Dickerson in the 2nd, I'll be pretty happy.  I think at least one of, possibly all of these guys would be available at 37.  

5 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

He had a full offseason last year and the reports out of training camp weren't glowing. He was still getting tossed around by power rushes.  Then he tore his bicep which isn't helijg matters. Mailata was a 7th round lick because he never played the game before but he is a far more physically gifted and powerful player who now has expierence and has shown he can play.  Putting Dillard over him would be a mistake just for the purpose of trying to make a failed 1st round pick work. 

 

Mailata completely dwarfs him in size, strength and athleticism. 

 

OVCY4YIXKJHBFFHGQJQQ5RXXU4.JPG

 

Uh huh... might as well bring back King Dunlap 

crazy if true

 

When Watson was on his stomach, the plaintiff says she became uncomfortable with how close he wanted her to get to his anus, so she asked him to flip over.

The woman alleges that when Watson was on his back, he grabbed her butt and moved his erect P onto her hand, telling her, "You can sit on it." The plaintiff says she told Watson that’s not how "she got down” and ended the massage.

Before leaving, Watson handed her a non-disclosure agreement "telling her that in order for him to pay her, she had to sign,” according to the suit. The woman says she signed the document without reading it and Watson sent her $250 through CashApp even though the service was supposed to cost just $65.


 

 

One move to consider... 

Orlando Brown Jr. wants to be a LT. He just made the pro bowl as a LT for Baltimore but will head back to RT since Ronnie Stanley will return. 
 

Would you consider giving up a 2022 1st rounder for a pro bowl LT? I would. It’d be very similar to trading for Peters in 2009. 

5 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Give him a full offseason with Stoutland and we’ll see. I think you have to wipe the slate clean with him for 2021 and let him sink or swim. Open competition between him and Mailata. If he can’t take the job from a 7th round draft pick, we’ll then I think we can conclude the Dillard experiment is likely over.

Mailata isn't a run of the mill 7th round pick though.

48 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Oh yeah, Kotite I think goes down as one of the worst coaches in Eagle if not NFL history.  I don't even really think anyone is close.  

 

Joe Kuharich says hello

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Omg his ankle still isn't fine?  I have major concerns about Lane going forward.  His ankle seems shot and will continue to be an issue.  He's great when he is in the field but I don't know how much of him on the field we will consistently get. 

This was actually positive news to me.  Reports towards the end of the season were that his ankle was completely "shattered."  Maybe that's just a fancy way of saying "broken," but it sure sounds worse.  I wasn't really even expecting him to be ready for training camp.  

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

One of the dumbest HC hires of all time in the NFL. Inept OC over an offense that had talent becomes HC. Braman was such a POS.

You think that hire was dumb for the Eagles? I can still hear Leon Hess at the Jets press conference to announce Kotite - "I'm 80 years old. I want to win now!!!" And the headline was "only the Jets would fire a coach that lost 6 in a row and hire a coach that lost 7 in a row.

5 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

He had a full offseason last year and the reports out of training camp weren't glowing. He was still getting tossed around by power rushes.  Then he tore his bicep which isn't helijg matters. Mailata was a 7th round lick because he never played the game before but he is a far more physically gifted and powerful player who now has expierence and has shown he can play.  Putting Dillard over him would be a mistake just for the purpose of trying to make a failed 1st round pick work. 

 

Mailata completely dwarfs him in size, strength and athleticism. 

 

 

and mindset...

10 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Mailata isn't a run of the mill 7th round pick though.

But he is the type of guy you should be taking in the late rounds, go for the athletic profile and the high ceiling guys. Perpetually targeting camp bodies and PS guys for depth, is what mediocre teams do. Take a chance in the late rounds. 

1 hour ago, vsptroops said:

Evans, Joyner, and Willy T. All playmakers. It was great to read that article and think back about how great those defenses were and then I think about our current LB situation and get depressed. I know the game is different now but damn, is getting just 1 above average LB too much to ask?

Seriously!  I think that was all about a commitment that this team made to playing outstanding defense.  Buddy Ryan was all in on playing great defense and they just had a way of picking out talent.  Remember Buddy Ryan's perfect game: 2-0 victory, defense gets a shutout and a safety.

 

24 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

One move to consider... 

Orlando Brown Jr. wants to be a LT. He just made the pro bowl as a LT for Baltimore but will head back to RT since Ronnie Stanley will return. 
 

Would you consider giving up a 2022 1st rounder for a pro bowl LT? I would. It’d be very similar to trading for Peters in 2009. 

Brown had one of the worst Combine performances in recent memory that pushed him from a consensus 1st round pick down into the middle of the 3rd round.  He was an alternate for the 2019 Pro Bowl and was named a pretend Pro Bowl player this season.  He’s a pending UFA after the season, so in exchange for not giving away a 1st round pick for a rental player you give away all leverage on a pending extension and will end up paying him a minimum of $14-15M per season on a long term extension.

Translation — Nope.

 

Watching the Masters right now, and speaking of punchable faces, I'll add Paul Casey to the list.  He looks like a knob that escaped from the Shire.  

49 minutes ago, hputenis said:

If we come away with any of Humphrey, Wyatt Davis, or Landon Dickerson in the 2nd, I'll be pretty happy.  I think at least one of, possibly all of these guys would be available at 37.  

Smith from Tenn too

2 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Watching the Masters right now, and speaking of punchable faces, I'll add Paul Casey to the list.  He looks like a knob that escaped from the Shire.  

Bryson "Mr. Par 67” should be on the list.  Out in 40; I guess his 27 on the back is gonna be pretty exciting 

1 hour ago, Desertbirds said:

Yes, this was malpractice on the part of Roseman.

I actually dont fault Howie as much for Dillard

was a very logical gamble on a target of opportunity at a premium position

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I actually dont fault Howie as much for Dillard

was a very logical gamble on a target of opportunity at a premium position

Bad process to have not vetted him properly though. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.