Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If you are going to make the statement that you know someone, you gotta throw something out.  You can exclude the names, but there is a long list of posters that have a "connection" with the team and they have all been proven to be full of ish.

I mean I told you what I was told on this issue so I'm not sure what you want me "throw" out there.  I've been very clear that my connections are weak as hell so it's not liking I'm really trying to convince you of anything (nor do I care to).  

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

Jeez, what do you guys want him to do, post the phone numbers? It’s a message board. Relax. 

3 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

I mean I told you what I was told on this issue so I'm not sure what you want me "throw" out there.  I've been very clear that my connections are weak as hell so it's not liking I'm really trying to convince you of anything (nor do I care to).  

You can post just the text.

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Jeez, what do you guys want him to do, post the phone numbers? It’s a message board. Relax. 

Then why eve make the statement ??

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If you are going to make the statement that you know someone, you gotta throw something out.  You can exclude the names, but there is a long list of posters that have a "connection" with the team and they have all been proven to be full of ish.

I don’t really think any kind of connection helps a lot anyways; the Eagles change course quite a bit:

— signed Sam Bradford and Chase Daniel; turned around and traded up to #2 for Wentz

— let go of McCoy because they didn’t want to pay him $11M; turned around and brought in Demarco Murray and Ryan Mathews for more combined money

— sign Wentz to 4 years $128M; turn around and cut bait before the contract even kicks in

 

I’m sure there are many other examples I’m glossing over, including the Peters saga.  

19 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

So you have no evidence to back up your "fact"....it is just an opinion....gotcha

Does he publicly need to name the player and front office people?

Good ole Joshie Buttons is at it again.  This dude actually takes himself seriously.

 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You can post just the text.

Then why eve make the statement ??

Why not?  He told you his experience.

3 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Does he publicly need to name the player and front office people?

Nope.  But, he could post the message and block all the names.  Why even make the statement if you are not going to bring anything to the table.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You can post just the text.

Then why eve make the statement ??

He’s passing along what he heard and explaining how he heard it. Take it or leave it. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Jeez, what do you guys want him to do, post the phone numbers? It’s a message board. Relax. 

I am just embracing the dark side is all.....let me embrace the dogma of doug704

The Eagles suck

Howie sucks

We could've had Metcalf and Jefferson if the Eagles weren't idiots

The Eagles are doomed

Hurt is a one-read joke of a running QB

ahhhhh...that's better...I feel so much better...complaining and finding fault in everything really cleanses and simplifies my thinking....

now all I gotta is root against the Eagles and call out all my ITYS's

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He’s passing along what he heard and explaining how he heard it. Take it or leave it. 

That's great.  I guess I can say I have a connection to the Eagles.  I have personally emailed Dave Spadaro, and he has emailed me.  @VaBeach_Eagle can verify this during the board change over when he tried to secure the rights to the old database.

1 hour ago, Original Sin said:
Ian Rapoport
 
@RapSheet
· 3m
Nearly 150 NFL Draft prospects are currently in Indy for in-person medical exams and physicals for what is usually Combine re-checks. Half the group has scans today, full exams tomorrow. The other half has scans tomorrow, exams Saturday. Mostly top 3 rounds, plus medical risks

Uh, so why not just have a combine?  Test them daily.  Not that hard.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That's great.  I guess I can say I have a connection to the Eagles.  I have personally emailed Dave Spadaro, and he has emailed me.  @VaBeach_Eagle can verify this during the board change over when he tried to secure the rights to the old database.

You're free to think whatever you want.  I've been very clear - I am not a source and I don't receive advance knowledge of any free agent signing or trade that hasn't happened yet.  I just happen to travel in the same circle as a front office member and a player (one more directly than the other).  If you feel so burned by fake "insiders" (which I am not claiming to be) in the past, I can just keep it to myself.  Or you can just choose to ignore me the very infrequent times I am told something that isn't public knowledge.  

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Good ole Joshie Buttons is at it again.  This dude actually takes himself seriously.

 

My GF said the same thing about me

24 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Mailata, 7 sacks allowed in 733 snaps ( 1st year as a full time starter )   First year ever starting a game in his life.

Peters, 5 sacks allowed in 508 snaps ( future hall of famer with 15+ seasons )

 

Fixed it.  There is no comparison in Dillard and Mailata.  Mailata's going to have speed bumps but that's to be expected.  They aren't because of technique or strength but because he's still learning the game of football.  Mailata is the player with the most potential on our team and it's not close.  To sit him for Dillard would be a huge mistake.  

30 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

That's fine, I'll keep it to myself if you guys aren't interested/don't believe me. 

I believe you. I saw what happened on the field.

9 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

You're free to think whatever you want.  I've been very clear - I am not a source and I don't receive advance knowledge of any free agent signing or trade that hasn't happened yet.  I just happen to travel in the same circle as a front office member and a player (one more directly than the other).  If you feel so burned by fake "insiders" (which I am not claiming to be) in the past, I can just keep it to myself.  Or you can just choose to ignore me the very infrequent times I am told something that isn't public knowledge.  

Then why did you bring it up.  We were discussing that Stoutland is not told what to do.

It was proven that Stoutland is told what to do when Peters was forced into the lineup over the better player.

10 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

You're free to think whatever you want.  I've been very clear - I am not a source and I don't receive advance knowledge of any free agent signing or trade that hasn't happened yet.  I just happen to travel in the same circle as a front office member and a player (one more directly than the other).  If you feel so burned by fake "insiders" (which I am not claiming to be) in the past, I can just keep it to myself.  Or you can just choose to ignore me the very infrequent times I am told something that isn't public knowledge.  

We have no way of verifying what you said, but you've said nothing that suggests attention hog or other behavior that characterizes most people who claim to have "inside knowledge." So I see no reason not to believe you. What your source claims is credible, it's hard to imagine Pederson putting an OL on the field that Stoutland had a strong objection to.

People tend to frame what they see to fit what they want to see.

I love Mialata, but to claim he was playing well when he was benched for Peters is simply off the mark. Mailata had struggled for a few games (I'm sure his head was spinning), for one thing with Seumalo out, teams were throwing stunts at him and Herbig. And he got beat by inside moves and fakes.

Peters played well his first two games back before he broke down, experience matters. He wasn't as quick in his lateral slide as his younger days, but can still read DEs. Then he hurt his toe, and you could see the drop off in his play. Meanwhile Mailata didn't waste his time on the bench, he watched, learned and incorporated his first half experience. When he returned to the lineup he was picking up things much faster, not biting on first steps, seeing stunts and trading off DL. Which is why I'm so optimistic about his development.

 

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Then why did you bring it up.  We were discussing that Stoutland is not told what to do.

It was proven that Stoutland is told what to do when Peters was forced into the lineup over the better player.

You were discussing who makes the call on who starts.  I was just trying to offer what I know which is that Stoutland has a significant voice but ultimately, as you would expect, the head coach makes those decisions.  Which is why Stoutland lobbied to Pederson to make the switch, not simply Stotuland making the switch himself.  

26 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That's great.  I guess I can say I have a connection to the Eagles.  I have personally emailed Dave Spadaro, and he has emailed me.  @VaBeach_Eagle can verify this during the board change over when he tried to secure the rights to the old database.

You don't need to verify it.  I would trust it to be true.  

4 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

You were discussing who makes the call on who starts.  I was just trying to offer what I know which is that Stoutland has a significant voice but ultimately, as you would expect, the head coach makes those decisions.  Which is why Stoutland lobbied to Pederson to make the switch, not simply Stotuland making the switch himself.  

I was responding to the below.  I proved that Stoutland is told who to play when he benched the better player, Mailata, for a guy coming off IR who is old and broken down.

The fact that Stoutland had to "lobby" to get Mailata back in the line up is all the evidence that you need that Stoutland is TOLD who to play.

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

I doubt anyone tells Stoutland who to play,

 

10 minutes ago, austinfan said:

We have no way of verifying what you said, but you've said nothing that suggests attention hog or other behavior that characterizes most people who claim to have "inside knowledge." So I see no reason not to believe you. What your source claims is credible, it's hard to imagine Pederson putting an OL on the field that Stoutland had a strong objection to.

People tend to frame what they see to fit what they want to see.

I love Mialata, but to claim he was playing well when he was benched for Peters is simply off the mark. Mailata had struggled for a few games (I'm sure his head was spinning), for one thing with Seumalo out, teams were throwing stunts at him and Herbig. And he got beat by inside moves and fakes.

Peters played well his first two games back before he broke down, experience matters. He wasn't as quick in his lateral slide as his younger days, but can still read DEs. Then he hurt his toe, and you could see the drop off in his play. Meanwhile Mailata didn't waste his time on the bench, he watched, learned and incorporated his first half experience. When he returned to the lineup he was picking up things much faster, not biting on first steps, seeing stunts and trading off DL. Which is why I'm so optimistic about his development.

 

I think (to be clear, all opinion here) there was also the idea that the season wasn't totally over yet so it made sense to rely on a veteran.  Peters also strikes me as a guy who might check out completely if you benched him.  I think the other factor is that Mailata can play both RT and LT.  So let's say you start Mailata and LT and Lane at RT and then Lane goes down during a game.  You can bring in Peters to LT and switch Mailata over to RT but now you're upsetting two spots.  I'm assuming that might have factored into the decision as well.  

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I was responding to the below.  I proved that Stoutland is told who to play when he benched the better player, Mailata, for a guy coming off IR who is old and broken down.

The fact that Stoutland had to "lobby" to get Mailata back in the line up is all the evidence that you need that Stoutland is TOLD who to play.

 

You are an odd duck.  You "proved" something because your opinion is that Mailata is a better player and so Stoutland would only bench if told to.  Yet you then question the information I bring but now cite it as evidence in support of your original position. 

3 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

You are an odd duck.  You "proved" something because your opinion is that Mailata is a better player and so Stoutland would only bench if told to.  Yet you then question the information I bring but now cite it as evidence in support of your original position. 

Yes, Mailata is the better player.  

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Cmon man, his sisters friends cousin was once at a Red Lobster when Donell Pumphrey came in for a meal.

I don't believe this, pumphrey has never been to Red Lobster 😄

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.