Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

43 minutes ago, downundermike said:

  I have personally emailed Dave Spadaro, and he has emailed me.  @VaBeach_Eagle can verify this during the board change over when he tried to secure the rights to the old database.

Yeah, and the last time I heard from Dave, he said that the issue of the old database was in 'legal'. That was shortly before the season started. 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Apologies if already posted.  CTE ??

 

 

 

He played for the Patriots too.  Former a Patriots have now murdered people in the double digits.

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, and the last time I heard from Dave, he said that the issue of the old database was in 'legal'. That was shortly before the season started. 

At this point, if it was to come to fruition, how would you merge them ?

47 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That's great.  I guess I can say I have a connection to the Eagles.  I have personally emailed Dave Spadaro, and he has emailed me.  @VaBeach_Eagle can verify this during the board change over when he tried to secure the rights to the old database.

Lol. Ok...

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He played for the Patriots too.  Former a Patriots have now murdered people in the double digits.

Was just reading about him, did not realize he played for the Pats.

Pats got bodies, lots of bodies.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

 

 

Omg his ankle still isn't fine?  I have major concerns about Lane going forward.  His ankle seems shot and will continue to be an issue.  He's great when he is in the field but I don't know how much of him on the field we will consistently get. 

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Lol. Ok...

You can LOL all you want.  I verified a connection to the team.

It was my email correspondence with Dave that got my banning on the previous board rescinded.

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Omg his ankle still isn't fine?  I have major concerns about Lane going forward.  His ankle seems shot and will continue to be an issue.  He's great when he is in the field but I don't know how much of him on the field we will consistently get. 

Just give him a wooden peg,or maybe one of those blades like that South African olympic murder guy.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You can LOL all you want.  I verified a connection to the team.

It was my email correspondence with Dave that got my banning on the previous board rescinded.

I met JAWS at a hotel once. Does that count?

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Good ole Joshie Buttons is at it again.  This dude actually takes himself seriously.

 

I thought he was a parody account.  

5 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I thought he was a parody account.  

When he gets called out he responds like he is serious.

12 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Omg his ankle still isn't fine?  I have major concerns about Lane going forward.  His ankle seems shot and will continue to be an issue.  He's great when he is in the field but I don't know how much of him on the field we will consistently get. 

He just had surgery at the end of November.  I mean if it's healing and not requiring another surgery that's good.  I would think the timeline for his release is pretty normal.  

Just now, downundermike said:

When he gets called out he responds like he is serious.

That's what makes someone funny in that setting.  

23 minutes ago, downundermike said:

At this point, if it was to come to fruition, how would you merge them ?

Yeah, I don't have any expectations that we'd get it. It was a long shot last year, but worth a try. As for merging them, I wouldn't. I'd set it up in a separate database as a static 'historical' archive. It could be read and searched for old content, but the entire member database would have to have been purged (for privacy reasons). But all of the posting content would have remained. Since the member data would have been purged, posts would have shown as 'Guest_VaBeach_Eagle' or something along those lines.

Had they given us the database before this board had been setup, it would have been possible to keep the old posts, purge all of the members and then everyone could have just signed up anew. But instead of the board having zero posts, like we had on our first day, all of those old posts would have still been there. They just would have been listed as 'Guest' and the old member name that posted them.

But I really wanted it (and would still love to get it) to be an archive, with all of those old posts present to be referenced and read. That's why I archived as much as I could, over on Archive.org. That archive works, but it can be a pain to try to search... but at least it's there. It's better than nothing. 

15 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

He just had surgery at the end of November.  I mean if it's healing and not requiring another surgery that's good.  I would think the timeline for his release is pretty normal.  

That's what makes someone funny in that setting.  

 

 

He had issues with the same ankle in 2019, had surgery on the same ankle before the 2020 season and now he has surgery on it again. 

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

 

He had issues with the same ankle in 2019, had surgery on the same ankle before the 2020 season and now he has surgery on it again. 

Yeah, it was reported his ankle actually "collapsed" this time. That sounds horrid. At this point he'll have one leg shorter than the other. Good thing is we're paying him in dead cap until he's 48 years old.

You guys are just panicking about his ankle now?  Welcome to last year.  He’s toast.  

Why are we worrying about Lane's ankle in April? There was no point in clearing him until he's fully healed. 

1 minute ago, RLC said:

Why are we worrying about Lane's ankle in April? There was no point in clearing him until he's fully healed. 

I’m not worried about his ankle at all.  I’m looking at RTs.

9 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

 

He had issues with the same ankle in 2019, had surgery on the same ankle before the 2020 season and now he has surgery on it again. 

He has a history of high ankle sprains.  I think he has a continued risk for re-injury. He had surgery to fix a fracture and I don't think the timeline for his recovery is that lengthy.  

How can anybody be making definitive statements on Dillard at this point? He had some nice flashes in his limited time his rookie year. We can definitively say he's not cut out to be a RT in the league. 

But somebody posted that it should be an open competition between him and Mailata. Which it absolutely should be. And really, we should all be hoping that they both make a strong case to be a starter, as it would solve a major issue moving forward. The ideal scenario would be Dillard shows up and can be counted on as a future LT. Certainly more of a pass protector than road grading run blocker, but at LT that's fine. That would then allow Mailata to learn both RT and LT, for the inevitable day where Lane can't gut it out. Having Dillard and Mailata as bookends frees up a lot of room in the draft, like, a lot a lot. 

If Dillard shows up to camp and isn't interested in playing football, or just doesn't show the ability, then he slots in as a back-up, and Mailata becomes the LT of the future and we need to find an RT next year. But to wildly proclaim Mailata deserves to be the starting LT right away is extremely myopic. 

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I’m not worried about his ankle at all.  I’m looking at RTs.

Do we know what his specific injury was this last year? Was it a high ankle sprain? Collapsed ankle doesn't seem like a proper diagnosis? Do you have any insight? 

43 minutes ago, downundermike said:

At this point, if it was to come to fruition, how would you merge them ?

One thread that I really didn't want to lose, was the Super Bowl GDT thread. I also didn't really trust Archive.org with that one, so before the old board shut down, I made a personal archive of that specific thread (the archival program had to run for something like 2 or 3 days to get everything like images and such).

But I was able to save a copy of that entire thread (at least I think it's the entire thread), to my computer (I did it with the Parade thread too, and maybe one or two others). 

Once this board was setup, I uploaded that copy of the thread, lock, stock and barrel, to our server. The page links and a lot of the links like the banner and various other 'board' links, all tried to lead back to the old EMB, so I had to go in and edit as many of those as I could (which was a pain in the neck), so that if someone wanted to read that thread and they wanted to advance from page 1 to page 2 or 3 or whatever, it would actually work properly. I didn't alter all of the links, so there's a few that still link back to the old EMB but I think all of the useful links either lead back to the new EMB or to the next (or previous) page of that thread. 

Some may think it to be 'silly', but to me, that thread was an important (maybe the most important) part of our (the EMB) history. I wasn't willing to just let it vanish without a fight. 

http://archives.eaglesmessageboard.com/SuperBowlLII/archives.eaglesmessageboard.com/SuperBowlLII/boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/743131-super-bowl-lii-gdt-vs-new-england-eagles/index.html

  • Author
1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

How can anybody be making definitive statements on Dillard at this point? He had some nice flashes in his limited time his rookie year. We can definitively say he's not cut out to be a RT in the league. 

But somebody posted that it should be an open competition between him and Mailata. Which it absolutely should be. And really, we should all be hoping that they both make a strong case to be a starter, as it would solve a major issue moving forward. The ideal scenario would be Dillard shows up and can be counted on as a future LT. Certainly more of a pass protector than road grading run blocker, but at LT that's fine. That would then allow Mailata to learn both RT and LT, for the inevitable day where Lane can't gut it out. Having Dillard and Mailata as bookends frees up a lot of room in the draft, like, a lot a lot. 

If Dillard shows up to camp and isn't interested in playing football, or just doesn't show the ability, then he slots in as a back-up, and Mailata becomes the LT of the future and we need to find an RT next year. But to wildly proclaim Mailata deserves to be the starting LT right away is extremely myopic. 

Nope.  Dillard sucks.  He can't become a good player and help lead the Eagles to success. 

That would mean I was wrong and we can't let that happen.

I know Driscoll is likely to move to G down the road as a potential starter, but didn't he look pretty good in spot time at RT too?

If Dillard played his entire rookie season he was projected to give up 27 sacks. 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

If Dillard played his entire rookie season he was projected to give up 27 sacks. 

Ah so he can't get better? 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.