Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I know you weren't talking to me.  But you said I was lying with the same answer IP gave.  

I also conceded my take after a strong counterpoint that you would spend your days lost in a sea of strange. I don't think you can blame me for not initially believing you, of all people. 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

Anyone who is investing in crypto right now, congrats!  The market is exploding.

BTC makes the crypto market go , it’s over half of the total crypto market cap , and there  are over  a 1,000 coins 

just since start of 2021 , it’s up 110%
ave annual return of 230%
 

best performing asset over last decade by a 1,000%
 

still in infant stage , I would guess 100,000 per coin by end of  September , half a million per within 8 years

2 hours ago, justrelax said:

Lurie has been intensely involved with this team and football for more than a quarter century. He's had a number of coaches, good, bad, and atrocious. He's sat down with all of them and studied their approaches and witnessed their successes and failures and asked why. I think he knows way more about football than any of us.

He may have done all that. That doesn't mean he actually learned anything useful. It certainly doesn't mean that he became an expert. 

I would get involved some. But my style of management is to let my people do their jobs. If they screw up then we deal with it. If I have to babysit you, you're not the right person for the job. 

1 minute ago, greend said:

I would get involved some. But my style of management is to let my people do their jobs. If they screw up then we deal with it. If I have to babysit you, you're not the right person for the job. 

Of course. Managers should also meet with their direct reports weekly as well as those that directly report to them.

Bad managers also ask bad questions.

1 minute ago, RLC said:

Of course. Managers should also meet with their direct reports weekly as well as those that directly report to them.

Bad managers also ask bad questions.

Sure, but I sure as hell don't chastise them for a win because we didn't do it my way. 

1 minute ago, greend said:

I would get involved some. But my style of management is to let my people do their jobs. If they screw up then we deal with it. If I have to babysit you, you're not the right person for the job. 

Agreed. I don’t have a problem with him being partly involved. Any good owner should be. But there are some things that no matter how involved you want to be you simply won’t have enough time/expertise to do. Such as scouting for example. He could be the most interested, knowledgeable, football minded owner in the league, but he is not going to understand a prospect as well as a scout that’s entire job has been to evaluate prospects for years.
 

When Lurie, Howie, or anyone starts overriding scouts decisions, that’s where I draw the line as too much. 

GMs always override their scouts . They don’t even let them in the draft room ,

Just now, Original Sin said:

GMs always override their scouts . They don’t even let them in the draft room ,

Just because they’re not in the draft room, doesn’t mean the plan they’ve created before the draft is overridden. Most teams have a draft board that they stick to. They’re not making random decisions during the live draft. 

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Other teams have had success by not meddling with operations and by letting the experts handle things

Jerry meddles a ton and that team hasn't been successful in decades

Well they haven't had playoff success but they've been better than either the Redskins or Giants over the last 10 seasons.  I do think their single biggest issue is that Jerry wants to be seen as the decision maker.  He will go behind a coach's back on discipline issues.  It's spokes on a wagon wheel type management.  He does seem to defer to his son and others on personnel decisions. It's not like he doesn't listen to others. I think that's where the Eagles have too much of an echo chamber.  

14 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

you would spend your days lost in a sea of strange.

Hmm GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 minute ago, wtfcares said:

Just because they’re not in the draft room, doesn’t mean the plan they’ve created before the draft is overridden. Most teams have a draft board that they stick to. They’re not making random decisions during the live draft. 

Scouts give input , GM makes decisions on the players .

7 minutes ago, greend said:

Sure, but I sure as hell don't chastise them for a win because we didn't do it my way. 

It depends if you want to be a process organization or not. Winning because you hit on 10% probability is not a sustainable model.

image.thumb.jpeg.e8769727f0f077d1e397371e0793d2dc.jpeg

:roll:

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No I can.  Especially since I have been one of the most vocal critics of Lurie and how things are being done now.  And I stand by my NO.  

You have been the most vocal critic about everything from Lurie to the Reagor pick. That's why I assumed you would meddle and want things your way.

6 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Scouts give input , GM makes decisions on the players .

Yes but again those decisions should be made well ahead of the draft and a plan should be created. It shouldn’t be a surprise on draft day to team personel when a player lower on the draft board is chosen over a higher player. That’s what the people in the article were saying was happening. That’s my issue with it. 

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I got Dogecoin as a joke at .0025 

It's ridiculous what it's doing

Coinbase went public today ,  its trading at 420.00 , 100 billion dollar market cap

Eagles are actually having a draft party for us season ticket holders at the linc. Kinda of surprised. Im game. 

6 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Eagles are actually having a draft party for us season ticket holders at the linc. Kinda of surprised. Im game. 

I expect nothing but Fire Howie chants from yall

7 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Eagles are actually having a draft party for us season ticket holders at the linc. Kinda of surprised. Im game. 

I would love to go. I am vaccinated.

Too bad they got so greedy and dont do the free tickets anymore.

20 minutes ago, RLC said:

It depends if you want to be a process organization or not. Winning because you hit on 10% probability is not a sustainable model.

A win is a win. You sound just like a micro manager.

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

I would love to go. I am vaccinated.

Too bad they got so greedy and dont do the free tickets anymore.

They are free. But only released to season ticket holders right now. 

Only limited seats, Only avail for select season ticket holders. All in pods (2), (4) and (6) seat pods. Access to field this year is limited tickets which those have to be purchased for $10 a person. 

I dont care about the field passes. We had them two years ago, it was nothing special at all. Hope I can get club seats. Thats where we sat last draft party. 

6 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I bought 5000 or so "coins". Basically paid for my kitchen

My buddy who got me on to it bought 2500 dollars worth at .0005  Believe he's gotta be flirting with being  a millionaire now 

 

looks like about $637k

6 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

They are free. But only released to season ticket holders right now. 

yeah... thats far from free.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.