Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

Doug Pederson was not a good football coach. He caught lightning in a bottle with the team on that SB run and had a great mix of players. As someone mentioned above, there's a reason Lurie didn't micromanage Reid for all of those years and felt the need to with Doug. Nice guy, got players to play hard for him but his play making was horrendous and the lack of player development with him and his staff was abysmal. 

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

I prefer Amari Rodgers.

I prefer a bunch of people. Toney is just a fit in what they supposedly want to do with their WR's and his former OC is now the QB's coach.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I don't think that's exactly what he is.  He's been accused of banging Russell Wilson's gf/fiancee/wife in Seattle, and he was also sent home last year for a road game because he was acting like such a loser.  Not to mention his skills seem to have deteriorated significantly.  

He banged his QBs girlfriend, fiancee, and wife? That's Conan the Barbarian level alpha!

49 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I don't think that's exactly what he is.  He's been accused of banging Russell Wilson's gf/fiancee/wife in Seattle, and he was also sent home last year for a road game because he was acting like such a loser.  Not to mention his skills seem to have deteriorated significantly.  

Haha I didn't know about the incident last year. Got me there.

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

There's nothing that Howie loves more than a slot WR.  

And slot corners and undersized rb's and linebackers... 

16 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Kadarius Toney is going to end up with the Eagles.

I would be very, very surprised given that he's not 100% all-in on football. 

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

I would be very, very surprised given that he's not 100% all-in on football. 

so he doesn't love ball?

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

I would be very, very surprised given that he's not 100% all-in on football. 

Why do you say that? I haven’t paid any attention to him since he’s a slot WR, and I have minimal interest in drafting one at the top of round 2. 

56 minutes ago, austinfan said:

So as owner, who would you trust more to run things, AR and his binder or Doug and his ???

How is it you’re oblivious to the underlying issues this question raises? If you don’t trust your coach to run things coaches typically run, why is he your coach?

Defense fixed. 

8C00CC19-1B4E-48A7-81E7-F0825902AEA2.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

He banged his QBs girlfriend, fiancee, and wife? That's Conan the Barbarian level alpha!

Move over Jack Dawson!  

Titanic conan GIF - Find on GIFER

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

How is it you’re oblivious to the underlying issues this question raises? If you don’t trust your coach to run things coaches typically run, why is he your coach?

I feel we should never have to ask this question. 

On 4/13/2021 at 7:02 PM, HazletonEagle said:

I have no problem with stadiums requiring a vaccine. Those that can get one should. Those that cant, shouldn't be attending potential super spreader events anyway. So, really, it shouldnt even affect anyone. 

Is logic and common sense permitted in these parts?

19 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

so he doesn't love ball?

Here are the 2 semi-recent 1st round draft picks that come to mind.  I'm hoping I'm wrong on #2.  There should still be questions on Agholor, Marcus Smith, Barnett, even Wentz.  

Sorry........I thought you said "Who" doesn't love ball.  My mistake.  Carry on.  

Eagles Cut Firefighter Danny Watkins - Crossing Broad

image.jpeg.e1def5b7ff1a33a41dc64feeb048121b.jpeg

9 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

How is it you’re oblivious to the underlying issues this question raises? If you don’t trust your coach to run things coaches typically run, why is he your coach?

Because he won the SB. Hard to fire the SB winning coach the next season. Then they keep making the playoffs for two more seasons.

Doug is a good clubhouse HC, they play hard for him, he's not a bad play caller, not so much a game planner, and is definitely a bad administrator.

The injuries also made it harder to pin the blame on the HC. Go 9-7 with a healthy team and lose your first PO game, goodbye, coach an injured team into the playoffs and you buy yourself another shot.

23 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

so he doesn't love ball?

Sad Sirianni 

image.thumb.jpeg.b3245070b92194b259cc79a3679216af.jpeg

In some cases, what appears to be reality IS reality.  Don't overthink it.  Everyone here follows this team closely enough to read the writing on the wall.

AR was Lurie's 2nd hire.  He was a little under the radar, was not a coordinator...and Lurie hit it big with a guy who had that binder, a master plan, and knew what he was doing.  Lurie didn't meddle.  Everyone knows AR ran that team and the drafts.

After 2010, Lurie became inpatient with AR because, well, so did everyone else.  Do you think Andy freaking Reid wanted a 34 year old Howie Roseman, who never played football in his life, to be named GM?  Why the heck do you think Lurie did that?  He was telling AR: it's been a decade.  You haven't gotten over the hump.  Now I'm getting involved.

Then the bottom falls out with AR.  In 2013, a change of scenery was necessary for both sides.  Lurie isn't quite ready or motivated to pull all the strings.  He and Howie go after the sexiest name on the market, Chip Kelly...a big personality with a controlling plan.  AR left a void and they looked to fill it with another HC's plan rather than their own.  And that plan was horrible.  Chip was a disaster.

Enter Doug Pederson.  "Emotional intelligence."  This was the real power move from Lowie.  They saw how AR executed his plan.  Lurie oversaw a few duds as HCs at this point.  And that's when Lowie figured they knew better than anyone else.  Find that "oh gosh jolly sucks" likable guy to stand at the podium and give speeches while Lowie did the rest behind the scenes.  Find and dictate the positional coaches who are philosophically aligned with what you want, rather than risk the coach taking things in a direction you dislike.  Then, both Lowie AND Doug were emboldened by the SB win.  Doug figured he didn't need to take direction from anyone, and Lowie figured they had this thing figured out.  When things went south in 2019-2020, they blamed each other.  When Doug outright refused to take direction from above, he was then fired.

Siriani was hired to be Doug circa 2016.

6 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Because he won the SB. Hard to fire the SB winning coach the next season. Then they keep making the playoffs for two more seasons.

Doug is a good clubhouse HC, they play hard for him, he's not a bad play caller, not so much a game planner, and is definitely a bad administrator.

The injuries also made it harder to pin the blame on the HC. Go 9-7 with a healthy team and lose your first PO game, goodbye, coach an injured team into the playoffs and you buy yourself another shot.

Well, if he won the Super Bowl, then he should have earned the right to dictate his own staff, and that’s the rope he uses to hang himself. 

37 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

And slot corners and undersized rb's and linebackers... 

 

I don't think that Howie loves undersized LBs.  I think Howie hates LBs so much that he uses undersized LBs as his big FU to the entire position.  

48 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I prefer Amari Rodgers.

I think Eskridge ends up being better than either

want no part of Toney. He is a raw project and redundant with Reagor

Good god Simmons has no touch 

2 hours ago, hputenis said:

One of the most underrated movies out there!  

 

tenor.gif

19 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So now Wentz doesn’t love football?  :wacko:

Maybe I should have phrased differently.  He sure didn't love it in Philly after he signed his guaranteed contract.  

7 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Good god Simmons has no touch 

I'm so nervous about him in the playoffs.  In order to get past the Nets, he will need to generate something on offense and this would be the easiest team to do that against.  Impose your will dude.  

6 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I'm so nervous about him in the playoffs.  In order to get past the Nets, he will need to generate something on offense and this would be the easiest team to do that against.  Impose your will dude.  

I am so tired of hearing how great he is despite the obvious major shortcoming

20 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I think Eskridge ends up being better than either

want no part of Toney. He is a raw project and redundant with Reagor

I like Eskridge a lot. I worry about his age, but he’s also new to the position so maybe it balances out.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.