Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

Only limited seats, Only avail for select season ticket holders. guess Im one of the selected, lol. All in pods (2), (4) and (6) seat pods. Access to field this year is limited tickets which those have to be purchased for $10 a person. 

I dont care about the field passes. We had them two years ago, it was nothing special at all. Hope I can get club seats. Thats where we sat last draft party. 

wow. it requires more and more money to go and access continues to get worse and worse.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Watson's legal issues aside it is still a stupid move for the Eagles to make. 

Roseman has gotten this team into a terrible cap situation.  Watson has a massive contract. Roseman has gotten the roster into a terrible situation of old players throughout the roster with the absence of young talent worth building around.  Any trade for Watson will use up that draft capital that should be used to rebuild this roster. 

 

If we trade for Watson we will be the same thing the Texans were last year. A bad mess of a team with a good QB. 

Yup, but he at least had Cooks and Fuller over there. Plus they have more money and picks than what we have. This has Jeff written all over it because it's absolutely moronic. 

Speaking of more money spent. 3 more additions to the collection arrived today :) Famicom, Super Famicom(Japanese versions of NES and SNES) and Atari Pong. Getting there. 24 systems down, many more to go still, lol

20210414_143450.thumb.jpg.a59f72046a5601ace0148820545de215.jpg

31 minutes ago, greend said:

A win is a win. You sound just like a micro manager.

It depends how the organization is built and what the culture is. Some organizations have a "get crap done" mentality. Others have more of a process mentality.

Alignment is key. I wish the Eagles had actual alignment. 

6 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

He's comparing Tom Brady leaving New England after 20 years to the Eagles organization. 

That was a painful interview to listen to. Kincade is a nutjob, but it makes for entertaining radio.  

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Again, Howie is just a name. Fire him and hire Daniel Jeremiah or whoever you want, it doesn't matter. They still want to sign Jason Peters and Alshon Jeffery to start in 2021 and they want to allocate the remaining 2021 cap to them while also giving them 5 dummy years so they are on the books next year too. I don't see how a single person just blindly says "ok". 

That would come up in my interview... and if that's the plan, I hire someone else.  They would have to be able to provide evidence of what they bring that would make the team better, and they wouldn't be able to do it.   Point is:  you let the GM make the moves they want, and let the results speak for themselves.  These results over the past 3 years have been a steady decline to the bottom of the NFL, forcing a change at HC... which, imo calls for a change in GM as well.  That's called 'accountability'.  What you are talking about is 'micromanaging'.  

I interview new candidates and find one that has a track record I can trust, references from those I respect and has a similar enough philosophy as me that I can let him do his job.  Then, I make the hire, let him do his job and let his job performance be assessed by what really matters in the NFL (supposedly), W's and L's.   Is the team improving or regressing?  Is the team bringing along young talent to replace aging veterans?  Is the team in  a good cap space to take advantage of talents on the market?  

The answer regarding Howie are: regressing, no, and second worst cap space in the league.  Its not about individual moves, it's about cold hard facts of the state of the franchise.  

50 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Eagles are actually having a draft party for us season ticket holders at the linc. Kinda of surprised. Im game. 

Can you get the Eagles #12 overall draft pick’s autograph for me?

image.thumb.jpeg.21c20f1e8b25b9cde87a2b57bcb26339.jpeg

1 hour ago, greend said:

I would get involved some. But my style of management is to let my people do their jobs. If they screw up then we deal with it. If I have to babysit you, you're not the right person for the job. 

Amen.

Blech. 

 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Blech. 

I still like Bolton a lot.  He explodes on tape.  Odd he didn't test that way.  

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

So Howie tells you his plan for this upcoming season is re-sign 39 year old Jason Peters to start at LT, as well as bring back Alshon on a prove it deal and you would give the greenlight?

I’d have fired Howie and then looked for a more competent GM. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

I’d have fired Howie and then looked for a more competent GM. 

That's not the point.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That's cute.  Someone got their big boy pants on today.  

 

Big Boy Pants GIFs | Tenor

You are chronically dull.  Though I do agree with your draft strategy.

Shutup freshbuttermilk

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It kind of is.  I think you're missing the point.  The point is Lurie has enabled this mess and Howie.  If it were us....it would not have gotten to this point because we would not have been meddling like Lurie is.  

 

Lurie/Howie are just names. It boils down to if you owned any team, would you be completely hands off or would you use your power here and there. Not "if you were in this specific situation of being Jeff Lurie".

 My point is everyone spends every day on here saying "I wouldn't have given that contract to that player. I wouldn't have signed this free agent. This is the guy I want to sign. I would draft this guy over that guy" and then when hypothetically given the reigns to do so they are going to take a sharp 180 and be completely hands off? I'd be very surprised.

Either way, it's a pointless debate.

16 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I still like Bolton a lot.  He explodes on tape.  Odd he didn't test that way.  

Very straight line IMO

3 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

Shutup freshbuttermilk

Gosh, this is remarkable.  Keep them coming.

What mess? The rebuild was inevitable, it was delayed a year, but nothing could have stopped it. And 2020 was basically the same as a rebuilding year, they ended up with #6.

Howie already has 3 1sts (fingers crossed) in 2022 draft, 11 picks in this draft and Ertz still on the trading block.

And it's a heck of a lot easier drafting at #12 and #37 than 20+ and 50+.

The real key is whether Sirianni is the right HC for a rebuild, and we'll have a good idea in two years. If he can turn players like JJAW, Jackson, etc. into assets, he's the right guy.

It's a mess if we hit 2023 and we've barely added talent, and have to look forward to a decade like the Giants (6 10+ game losing seasons in 10 years after winning a SB).

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I'm hilarious and unpredictable.  Far from dull ma'am.  

Remain Calm GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

You are the epitome of predictable.  Which is dull.  But I appreciate your football sense.

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I'm hilarious and unpredictable.  Far from dull ma'am.  

Remain Calm GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I think its more like this :) 

X8jYbSz.gif

40 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Can you get the Eagles #12 overall draft pick’s autograph for me?

image.thumb.jpeg.21c20f1e8b25b9cde87a2b57bcb26339.jpeg

If hes the pick at 12 the stadium staff is going to have a big mess to clean up in my pod. I will deny it of course. 

source.gif

 

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Speaking of more money spent. 3 more additions to the collection arrived today 🙂 Famicom, Super Famicom(Japanese versions of NES and SNES) and Atari Pong. Getting there. 24 systems down, many more to go still, lol

20210414_143450.thumb.jpg.a59f72046a5601ace0148820545de215.jpg

image.jpeg.3be471530e3c4f419130943e288094be.jpeg

2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

What mess? The rebuild was inevitable, it was delayed a year, but nothing could have stopped it. And 2020 was basically the same as a rebuilding year, they ended up with #6.

Howie already has 3 1sts (fingers crossed) in 2022 draft, 11 picks in this draft and Ertz still on the trading block.

And it's a heck of a lot easier drafting at #12 and #37 than 20+ and 50+.

The real key is whether Sirianni is the right HC for a rebuild, and we'll have a good idea in two years. If he can turn players like JJAW, Jackson, etc. into assets, he's the right guy.

It's a mess if we hit 2023 and we've barely added talent, and have to look forward to a decade like the Giants (6 10+ game losing seasons in 10 years after winning a SB).

Come on AF.  You can't see the mess that the FO is?  All of these reports about the dysfunction doesn't throw any red flags up to you?  The Eagles management team is a mess.

The real key is not if Sirianni is the right HC, it's if Howie can make use of all of these draft picks.  It's great having 5 picks in the 1st 125 this year.  3 first rounders next year (potentially) and still having some trade chips such as Ertz.  

Let's go back 5 years of drafting.  I'm looking at building a contending team with draft picks, not just guys who were here for 1 season and were on the SB52 team.

2016- Wentz, Seumalo, Smallwood, Big V, Countess, Mills, McCallister, Walker

2017- Barnett, Jones, Douglas, Hollins, Pumphrey, Gibson, Gerry, Qualls

2018- Goedert, Maddox, Sweat, Pryor, Mailata

2019- Dillard, Sanders, JJAW, Miller, Thorson

2020- Reagor, Hurts, Taylor, Wallace, Driscoll, Hightower, Bradley, Watkins, Wanogho,Toohill

Seumalo, Barnett, Goedert, Maddox, Sweat, Mailata, Dillard, Sanders, JJAW, Reagor, Hurts, Taylor, Wallace, Driscoll, Hightower, Bradley, Watkins

From the last 5 years, we have 17 guys on the team out of 36 draft picks.  Of those 17, potentially 7 are starters.  Out of those 7 starters, only ONE has a Pro Bowl in Miles Sanders (voted in by a video game contest). 

Out of the entire roster, there are only 22 players that Howie has drafted.  That's adding Kelce, BG, Cox, Ertz, Lane.  Can assume Ertz is gone so it will be 21.

I get that there is roster turnover but you want your drafts to build the core of your team.  Howie is not doing that.  Far to may of his draft picks don't make the team or contribute.  

Nick can only do so much coaching the team that Howie gives him.  I have NO faith in Howie doing the right thing with all of the draft picks he's acquired. 

36 minutes ago, austinfan said:

What mess? The rebuild was inevitable, it was delayed a year, but nothing could have stopped it. And 2020 was basically the same as a rebuilding year, they ended up with #6.

Howie already has 3 1sts (fingers crossed) in 2022 draft, 11 picks in this draft and Ertz still on the trading block.

And it's a heck of a lot easier drafting at #12 and #37 than 20+ and 50+.

The real key is whether Sirianni is the right HC for a rebuild, and we'll have a good idea in two years. If he can turn players like JJAW, Jackson, etc. into assets, he's the right guy.

It's a mess if we hit 2023 and we've barely added talent, and have to look forward to a decade like the Giants (6 10+ game losing seasons in 10 years after winning a SB).

That is a huge role of dices to count on the new HC being the right guy.  Lurie and Howie better have solid reasons to think Sirianni has what it takes to get the job done.  Further if they dictate on which players to take in the next 2 drafts, that will impact greatly on how the team plays. The two at the top of organization will take the blames or glories based on how the rebuilding works out.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.