Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

5 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Lets be real about this, if any of us owned an NFL team, we all would meddle the ish out of it too.

The difference, we all know a heck of a lot more about football than Jeff Lurie knew going in.  If I owned the team and had his resources, I would know 100x more about football than Jeff Lurie knows now.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I'd have triple monitors on draft day in the war room that would be occupied by me only.  PFF on screen #1, TDN on screen #2, and the blog on screen #3.  All my decisions would be magnificent and catered towards the intelligent folks from the blog.    

Perfect - I just hope you look the guy in your avatar and are sitting in a gamer chair because otherwise I'm picturing it all wrong.  

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The difference, we all know a heck of a lot more about football than Jeff Lurie knew going in.  If I owned the team and had his resources, I would know 100x more about football than Jeff Lurie knows now.

Yea but when it comes to indie films/documentary series watch out

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That's cute.  Someone got their big boy pants on today.  

 

Big Boy Pants GIFs | Tenor

One of the most underrated movies out there!  

22 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I don’t mind Chazz Surratt as a Round 5 LB prospect if he lasts that long.  Perhaps he can room with Dillard on the road and they can forge a camaraderie watching Beaches or Little Women or something.

I actually like Sage Surratt’s tape as well, FWIW

I think Chazz would be a great 5th round pick. I would be happy if they got him in the 4th.  I just figured out that you can make your own RAS on their website. 

18 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I'd have triple monitors on draft day in the war room that would be occupied by me only.  PFF on screen #1, TDN on screen #2, and the blog on screen #3.  All my decisions would be magnificent and catered towards the intelligent folks from the blog.    

Thank you very much, but I don't like being lumped in with PFF.  ;) 

10 minutes ago, hputenis said:

One of the most underrated movies out there!  

 

Bottom tier Will Ferrell comedy.  

I guess it could be worse.  Would you rather draft sub par skill position players in round 1, or none at all.

 

 

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I guess it could be worse.  Would you rather draft sub par skill position players in round 1, or none at all.

 

 

In that same time frame the Eagles have used a 1st round pick on an offensive skill position player just 3 times.  Jeremy Maclin in 2009, Nelson Agholor in 2015 and Jalen Reagor last year.  

 

What the Packers have done in that time period since 2005 that the Eagles haven't done in the 1st round though is draft LBs and players in the secondary.  

1 hour ago, Saltpeter said:

Unpopular opinion: I'd sign Golden Tate for a reasonable price. Adam Caplan and Jason Avant have gone on and on about the team needing an "alpha" veteran presence at WR; Tate seems like that guy. Definitely better than Greg Ward.

I don't think that's exactly what he is.  He's been accused of banging Russell Wilson's gf/fiancee/wife in Seattle, and he was also sent home last year for a road game because he was acting like such a loser.  Not to mention his skills seem to have deteriorated significantly.  

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

I don't think that's exactly what he is.  He's been accused of banging Russell Wilson's gf/fiancee/wife in Seattle, and he was also sent home last year for a road game because he was acting like such a loser.  Not to mention his skills seem to have deteriorated significantly.  

Wonder if Earl Thomas and ET’s brother were in on the action 

20 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

They don't rely on the four deep route concept?

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Just because Jerry and Lurie does this, doesn't make it right.  No way Lurie did this when AR was here.  No chance.  

So as owner, who would you trust more to run things, AR and his binder or Doug and his ???

1 hour ago, Saltpeter said:

Unpopular opinion: I'd sign Golden Tate for a reasonable price. Adam Caplan and Jason Avant have gone on and on about the team needing an "alpha" veteran presence at WR; Tate seems like that guy. Definitely better than Greg Ward.

 

Soon to be 33 year old Golden Tate is not better than Greg Ward.  Tate is cooked.  34 receptions for 388 yards and 2 TDs last year.  

Just now, austinfan said:

So as owner, who would you trust more to run things, AR and his binder or Doug and his ???

 

I'd trust Doug over Howie if I was Jeff.  

5 minutes ago, austinfan said:

They don't rely on the four deep route concept?

No NFL guys rely on the analytic departments four route deep concept.

2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

So as owner, who would you trust more to run things, AR and his binder or Doug and his ???

I think his statement made that clear. 

Not a bad Devonta Smith comparison.

 

 

 

 

 

50 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

with enough booze and coke to make Jim Irsay blush

Welcome to the Philadelphia Eagles war room!

YARN | Drugs to the right, hookers to the left. | Bachelor Party (1984) |  Video gifs by quotes | 088e7a44 | 紗

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Option 2 in a landslide.  Option 1 made me punch the dog.  

There's just no way Davis lasts that long. 

2 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

There's just no way Davis lasts that long. 

It looks like Bolton crapped the bed today in his pro day too.  Someone will snag Davis pretty early unfortunately.  

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I would trust my GM or VP of Football OPS to make the right Head Coach hire.  But he obviously doesn’t trust Howie to do that.  And he’s ok with that.  He’s having fun playing football man.  

Would you at least take the guy to lunch or have a conversation with him as a formality and to get to know him before Howie pulled the trigger?  I wouldn't even call it an interview but more of a common courtesy for you as an owner to meet a potential head coach.  

47 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

 

Kadarius Toney is going to end up with the Eagles.

3 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Come on AF.  You can't see the mess that the FO is?  All of these reports about the dysfunction doesn't throw any red flags up to you?  The Eagles management team is a mess.

The real key is not if Sirianni is the right HC, it's if Howie can make use of all of these draft picks.  It's great having 5 picks in the 1st 125 this year.  3 first rounders next year (potentially) and still having some trade chips such as Ertz.  

Let's go back 5 years of drafting.  I'm looking at building a contending team with draft picks, not just guys who were here for 1 season and were on the SB52 team.

WHERE you pick matters more than how many picks (because you can trade down and increase your number of picks without increasing your draft value.

2016- Wentz (2), Seumalo (79) [Smallwood (153), Big V (164), Countess (196), Mills (233), McCallister, Walker (251)]

2017- Barnett (14), Jones (43), Douglas (99), [Hollins (118), Pumphrey (132), Gibson (166), Gerry (184), Qualls (214)]

2018- Goedert (49) [Maddox (125), Sweat (130), Pryor (206), Mailata (233)]

2019- Dillard (22), Sanders (53), JJAW (57) [Miller (136), Thorson (157)]

2020- Reagor (21), Hurts (53) [Taylor (103), Wallace (127), Driscoll (145), Hightower (168), Bradley (196), Watkins (200), Wanogho (210), Toohill (233)

Picks past #100 are crap shoots, with a small chance of starting, past #150, small chance of even being a backup.

1 pick in the top 10:  Wentz, SB and two more playoff seasons before traded for 1st (cross fingers) and 3rd

1 pick 11-20: Barnett, starting DE but production below draft slot

2 picks 21-40:  both incomplete, Dillard was slated to start last year, Reagor had up and down rookie season, both could end up as starters

7 picks 41-100: Goedert TE, Sanders RB, Hurts QB, Seumalo OG, 4 starters, 3 misses. Par for the course in this part of the draft

8 picks 100-150:  Sweat 3rd DE, Maddox NCB, Driscoll 7th OL, Wallace 3rd S, Taylor STs - that's good value, better value if any develop into starters

17 picks 150+: Mills S/CB, Walker backup LB, Gerry, backup LB, Mailata LT, Bradley backup LB, 2 starters and some reserves, very good value

Overall, given their draft position, an average performance.

They had 11 picks in the top 100 in 5 years, they're going to have 9 the next two years.

 

 

6 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Kadarius Toney is going to end up with the Eagles.

I prefer Amari Rodgers.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.