Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

21 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He looked worse the more he played. That Dallas game against a not very good defense was bad.

image.gif.bc40a0bc2e9bfead6d406acac1ae0d2f.gif

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I've seen Slater jump Sewell in multiple mocks and in the national media.  My guess is that it's total smoke at this point, but I still can't see them passing on a premier OL in this draft after what happened to Burrow last season.  

I can only because "The Bengals”

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I can only because "The Bengals”

Bengals front office............please for the love of God pick Barmore out of nowhere.    

Eating Animated GIF | Monkey gif, Monkeys funny, Giphy

11 minutes ago, RLC said:

What's he supposed to say?

Besides, what WR really wants to play with Cousins. Ask Diggs.

 

Certainly didn't need to include definitely as many times as he did. 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I can only because "The Bengals”

Chase and Burrow are still great, but you can totally see the Bengals picking WRs instead of OL with their first 2 picks. 

20 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Sewell can't get past the Bengals unless they're infatuated with Slater for some reason.  I can't see the Lions drafting an OL.  They lost all their WRs.  Waddle seems like a good bet to Detroit with Slater to the Panthers.  

The lions are in a complete rebuild besides the fact they took on goff. I tend to believeGoff is gone after this year. Frankly if Sewell is on the board they should take him. They signed perriman and tyrelle williams  and have Cepheus who they drafted last year and liked. It’s not good but their right side of the line is vaitai and tyrelle Crosby. Crosby has declined every year in the league. He was graded by off 70 as a rookie. Last two years was 62 and 64. I’d take Sewell over waddle cause decker, Jonah jackson and ragnow are solid to good. Add Sewell 4 out of your 5 oline is set for the foreseeable future. I think if Sewell is off the board they likely go WR and likely waddle 

It doesn't always work out in round 1 (in fact, it usually doesn't)...but it's very obvious how much NFL teams value inserting a Desean Jackson or Tyreek Hill in their offense.  You can argue against the hit % in the top end of the draft for these players, but you can't argue against the value they bring to your offense when you actually find one at that level.

It's clear everyone wants that player.  Every year, the fastest WR in the draft with some production and big plays to back it up is drafted significantly higher (and above other WRs) than expected.

You can call it a reach or bad decision-making, but teams clearly place a huge value on adding that aspect to their offense.  Just look at Ruggs as the 1st WR last year or Hollywood Brown, both the first WRs taken in their respective drafts.  Ross going top 10.

Moral of the story?  Waddle will be long gone by 12.  You may not like the value, may not like Waddle...but if you DO want him, you need to get lucky to see him drop to 8-9 and then trade up.

 

24 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

There's been a bunch of recent mocks of Bengals not taking Sewell. Doesn't make sense

I’ve seen a bunch of them taking chase. And a bunch of different draft analysts say they really want chase. I think that’s a mistake. Burrow didn’t make it through his rookie year behind that oline. On top of that they have Higgins and  Boyd. Those are two good WRs already. Their oline is complete trash. And i think the grade for both chase and Sewell are likely close.

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The lions are in a complete rebuild besides the fact they took on goff. I tend to believeGoff is gone after this year. Frankly if Sewell is on the board they should take him. They signed perriman and tyrelle williams  and have Cepheus who they drafted last year and liked. It’s not good but their right side of the line is vaitai and tyrelle Crosby. Crosby has declined every year in the league. He was graded by off 70 as a rookie. Last two years was 62 and 64. I’d take Sewell over waddle cause decker, Jonah jackson and ragnow are solid to good. Add Sewell 4 out of your 5 oline is set for the foreseeable future. I think if Sewell is off the board they likely go WR and likely waddle 

The thought of them taking an OL honestly makes me excited.  Keep pushing down the good corners and Waddle please.  They could probably draft an immediate starter at 41 between Dickerson, Davis, and Humphrey, but those are all interior guys.  My fingers are crossed that Sewell goes to the Bengals and Slater to the Lions.  Then everything gets totally F'd up!  

9 minutes ago, hputenis said:

The thought of them taking an OL honestly makes me excited.  Keep pushing down the good corners and Waddle please.  They could probably draft an immediate starter at 41 between Dickerson, Davis, and Humphrey, but those are all interior guys.  My fingers are crossed that Sewell goes to the Bengals and Slater to the Lions.  Then everything gets totally F'd up!  

If slater or Sewell are left for the panthers i can’t see them passing on one of them with how their oline and depth chart is. Their oline is bad. It was an issue all last year. They could use a corner but darnold his entire career has played behind bad olines. Not sure you want to continue that trend when you just got him. I think surtain (i wouldn’t do that) or a OL is the play for the panthers unless by somehow pitts is there. I actually think the panthers would love to trade back and get extra picks. If they are picking 12-15 they’ll get a good olineman which is something they badly need too. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If slater or Sewell are left for the panthers i can’t see them passing on one of them. Their oline is bad. It was an issue all last year. They could use a corner but darnold his entire career has played behind bad olines. Not sure you want to continue that trend when you just got him. I think surtain or a OL is the play for the panthers unless by somehow pitts is there. I actually think the panthers would love to trade back and get extra picks. If they are picking 12-15 they’ll get a good olineman which is something they badly need too. 

Yep.  Their OL was horrendous.  Only difference is they didn't have a buffoon running their offense so their ability to utilize motion, jet sweeps, and get playmakers in space was unbelievable.  Try telling that to Panther fans.  It's like explaining quantum physics to a monkey.  Joe Brady was my choice for HC, but he was probably too subdued with great ideas and didn't snort cocaine before the interview.  9 out of 10 Panther fans have no clue who Joe Brady is.  

I can't see them drafting Surtain after all 7 draft picks last year were defense in Matt Rhule's first year.  Their owner is insane.  He probably meddles worse than Lurie and he's been in Charlotte for 5 minutes.  

I think the trade back smoke is definitely in play, but I would think they have to go offense (OL specifically) to get that franchise going.  I hate them by the way.  Worst fans ever.  

1 hour ago, mattmcginley7 said:

You compared DeVonta Smith to Bruce because he got open with average speed 

Yes, I was talking about how great route running can create separation without having a DeSean like burst. It took DeSean almost a decade to learn how to run routes, he got by early in his career by simply outrunning people. One reason Smith will probably survive for a while as an undersized WR is his precise route running, he's hard to line up for a big hit because he doesn't signal his cuts.

39 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Yes, I was talking about how great route running can create separation without having a DeSean like burst. It took DeSean almost a decade to learn how to run routes, he got by early in his career by simply outrunning people. One reason Smith will probably survive for a while as an undersized WR is his precise route running, he's hard to line up for a big hit because he doesn't signal his cuts.

You said Bruce is a good comparison because he has average speed 

DeVonta Smith does not have average speed 

39 minutes ago, mattmcginley7 said:

You said Bruce is a good comparison because he has average speed 

DeVonta Smith does not have average speed 

No, you read what you wanted to read into it, my point was great route running made Bruce an elite WR with average speed.

People here obsess over WR speed, yet many of the top WRs had average speed, Hopkins, Bruce, Fitzgerald, Boldin (below average), Burress, etc.

Every draft has dozens of WRs who run in the 4.25 to 4.4 range, but few even stick on a NFL roster.

Smith will make it based on his route running, not his top end speed.

8 minutes ago, austinfan said:

No, you read what you wanted to read into it, my point was great route running made Bruce an elite WR with average speed.

People here obsess over WR speed, yet many of the top WRs had average speed, Hopkins, Bruce, Fitzgerald, Boldin (below average), Burress, etc.

Every draft has dozens of WRs who run in the 4.25 to 4.4 range, but few even stick on a NFL roster.

Smith will make it based on his route running, not his top end speed.

Smith has top end speed and route running 

Meat Mcginley at the computer in between sets, shirtless selfies, and his inability to post a nice, normal response to someone's opinion:

When you're an ReBBL discord admin and you haven't used @here in 2 seconds  : ReBBl

 

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Yep.  Their OL was horrendous.  Only difference is they didn't have a buffoon running their offense so their ability to utilize motion, jet sweeps, and get playmakers in space was unbelievable.  Try telling that to Panther fans.  It's like explaining quantum physics to a monkey.  Joe Brady was my choice for HC, but he was probably too subdued with great ideas and didn't snort cocaine before the interview.  9 out of 10 Panther fans have no clue who Joe Brady is.  

I can't see them drafting Surtain after all 7 draft picks last year were defense in Matt Rhule's first year.  Their owner is insane.  He probably meddles worse than Lurie and he's been in Charlotte for 5 minutes.  

I think the trade back smoke is definitely in play, but I would think they have to go offense (OL specifically) to get that franchise going.  I hate them by the way.  Worst fans ever.  

I think you overrate Brady.

It's not like the Carolina offense improved under Brady, nor was there a great change on the OL. They lost McCaffery after 3 games, but added Anderson and Moore & Samuel were more experienced. I'd say Brady's one season at OC wasn't quite enough to sell any NFL team on him as HC material.

Let him lead a real turnaround in the Carolina offense the next two seasons and there will be people beating down his door.

My best hunch after today’s press conference is Eagles are going to be targeting Jaylen Waddle

I love the idea that Sirianni has to name Hurts the starter. Based on what?

The public acts like Hurts earned the job in some grand way. 

Now, it doesn't do us much good to start Flacco, unless Hurts is flat-out terrible, but let's not just hand Hurts the job based on absolutely nothing. He is still very unproven with big question marks.

4 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Surtain certainly looks the part

i still have Horn as cb1

So the fact that with both, playing physical being a major part of their game rather than finesse doesn’t give you pause in a less lenient NFL ?

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He got better in the pros?  He played in 4 games so far.  And didn’t look good his last game.  I think it’s a stretch to say he’s gotten better.  More like incomplete.  

He improved every year....not every game, is what he said. That's college, he only has one year in the NFL, so we'll find out next year if that trend continues at this level. At least that's how I took the OP's comment.

1 hour ago, schuy7 said:

I love the idea that Sirianni has to name Hurts the starter. Based on what?

The public acts like Hurts earned the job in some grand way. 

Now, it doesn't do us much good to start Flacco, unless Hurts is flat-out terrible, but let's not just hand Hurts the job based on absolutely nothing. He is still very unproven with big question marks.

So who are you suggesting as competition for Hurts and how would you attain him ?

1 minute ago, The guy in France said:

So who are you suggesting as competition for Hurts and how would you attain him ?

My point is that the outrage over Sirianni not naming a starter like it should be automatic doesn't make sense.

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

My point is that the outrage over Sirianni not naming a starter like it should be automatic doesn't make sense.

Ok, obviously not ready to commit to being all in on Hurts. I would say they have a candidate or 2 they are interested in whether in the draft or on somebodies roster already. Hope it’s not Trask is all I got to say

33 minutes ago, The guy in France said:

Ok, obviously not ready to commit to being all in on Hurts. I would say they have a candidate or 2 they are interested in whether in the draft or on somebodies roster already. Hope it’s not Trask is all I got to say

I think they are just playing things a little safe and don't want to potentially look stupid should things change. Like what if Hurts looks really bad in TC? What if a QB they weren't expecting falls to them at #12? What if they can trade for Watson or another QB? They know the questions will be "but you announced Hurts as the starter, how does Hurts feel about this" etc.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.