Jump to content
Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Bad process to have not vetted him properly though. 

I can agree with that but its a scouting issue then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alphagrand said:

Bryson "Mr. Par 67” should be on the list.  Out in 40; I guess his 27 on the back is gonna be pretty exciting 

There are a lot on tour.  Bryson, Paul Casey, Patrick Reed of course, and Justin Rose come to mind.  Justin Rose sort of looks like the villain with the creepy high voice in 2 of the Mission Impossible movies, except he isn't cool.  

Celestial/Time Lord/Mutant — “Human nature, my weapon of choice.”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

crazy if true

 

When Watson was on his stomach, the plaintiff says she became uncomfortable with how close he wanted her to get to his anus, so she asked him to flip over.

The woman alleges that when Watson was on his back, he grabbed her butt and moved his erect P onto her hand, telling her, "You can sit on it." The plaintiff says she told Watson that’s not how "she got down” and ended the massage.

Before leaving, Watson handed her a non-disclosure agreement "telling her that in order for him to pay her, she had to sign,” according to the suit. The woman says she signed the document without reading it and Watson sent her $250 through CashApp even though the service was supposed to cost just $65.


 

 

I don't think he'll ever play another snap in the NFL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I actually dont fault Howie as much for Dillard

was a very logical gamble on a target of opportunity at a premium position

same I liked him as a prospect, it seemed like he had slipped a little in the round. Like you said, Howie rolled the dice. And I have not completely written him off yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Mailata should be the starter.  It should be his job to lose.  He has all the potential in the world to develop into a dominant OT.  He's also younger than Dillard. 

 

The very real fear though is that they do some sham competition and make Dillard the starter simply because they wasted a first on him.  It's exactly the type of move this organization would make. 

Really, this silly accusastions get tiresome. Exactly who was gifted a job?

Top picks get more chances b/c they're top picks for a reason, they're better athletes for the most part, so more upside. Which means it takes longer for coaches to give up on them.

But this idea that a guy plays b/c the FO doesn't want to look bad doesn't hold water, b/c if the player can't play, you'd want to hide him on the bench rather than look bad because it's obvious he can't play.

The Eagles didn't expect Dillard to be available b/c they know he was a top 20 pick, he was an outstanding pass blocker in college, with premier athleticism who just had to add strength and work on his run blocking technique. Ran a 4.96 at 315 lbs, 4.40 SS, 7.40 cone, 9'10 long jump.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Giddyunc said:

I don't think he'll ever play another snap in the NFL

yeah he is pretty sick in the head...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I can agree with that but its a scouting issue then

Which falls on Howie yet again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dillard hasn't exactly flopped yet. When they drafted him they knew that Peters would start that year at LT, he was a project.

I'm sure the film showed what was obvious, he was a great athlete who was an elite pass protector playing in an offense where he wasn't asked to run block, so there was going to be an adjustment period before he'd be NFL ready. Which is probably why he dropped out of the top 20, not talent, but NFL readiness.

You only get 30 visits, Dillard was projected in the top 15 or so (like Slater this year), so they didn't make him a priority. Stoutland was doing his due diligence, but if he didn't like what he heard, he would have nixed the choice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Giddyunc said:

I don't think he'll ever play another snap in the NFL

He’ll be contrite, settle out of court, return late in the 2021 season, and start touring the high-priced escort circuit — where that stuff stays quiet as part of the cost of doing business 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Really, this silly accusastions get tiresome. Exactly who was gifted a job?

Top picks get more chances b/c they're top picks for a reason, they're better athletes for the most part, so more upside. Which means it takes longer for coaches to give up on them.

But this idea that a guy plays b/c the FO doesn't want to look bad doesn't hold water, b/c if the player can't play, you'd want to hide him on the bench rather than look bad because it's obvious he can't play.

The Eagles didn't expect Dillard to be available b/c they know he was a top 20 pick, he was an outstanding pass blocker in college, with premier athleticism who just had to add strength and work on his run blocking technique. Ran a 4.96 at 315 lbs, 4.40 SS, 7.40 cone, 9'10 long jump.

 

Jason Peters for several years.  Alshon Jeffery last year.  The fact that it took as long as it did to bench Wentz last year.  Sticking with JJAW and other crap at WR like Agholor as long as we did in 2019 instead of turning to the practice squad guys who came in and performed better instantly. 

 

The Eagles spent a first round lick on a player they admittedly did next to no homework on.  That is so reckless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

yeah he is pretty sick in the head...

I don't know why I remembered this quote, but I think Will Vandervort slightly misjudged Deshaun Watson's character.  

"Watson is the kind of young man you want to marry your daughter."  I know we aren't supposed to jump to conclusions yet, but this just gets worse every day.  

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2020/06/30/watson-is-accs-best-quarterback-of-the-last-decade-its-not-even-close/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Which falls on Howie yet again. 

Ehhh...not so sure unless he directed them NOT to scout him. Which i doubt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I don't think Dillard was necessarily a horrible pick. Think he's probably a starting LT in the NFL who had bad injury luck last year.

Looks worse in hindsight because of Mailata's emergence last year.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Ehhh...not so sure unless he directed them NOT to scout him. Which i doubt

Of course they scouted him. That’s how they determined he wouldn’t be there. Then when they heard he was dropping they did a half arse vetting process and traded up for a guy they didn’t put enough work into. That’s on a lot of people, but ultimately Howie decided to move up for him. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Of course they scouted him. That’s how they determined he wouldn’t be there. Then when they heard he was dropping they did a half arse vetting process and traded up for a guy they didn’t put enough work into. That’s on a lot of people, but ultimately Howie decided to move up for him. 

 

Which was a rational move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Oh yeah, Kotite I think goes down as one of the worst coaches in Eagle if not NFL history.  I don't even really think anyone is close.  

 

I mean the Jets hired him after the Eagles.  I think that's got to be worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I don't know why I remembered this quote, but I think Will Vandervort slightly misjudged Deshaun Watson's character.  

"Watson is the kind of young man you want to marry your daughter."  I know we aren't supposed to jump to conclusions yet, but this just gets worse every day.  

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2020/06/30/watson-is-accs-best-quarterback-of-the-last-decade-its-not-even-close/

I mean you just wouldn't want your daughter to be his masseuse.  

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Original Sin said:

crazy if true

 

When Watson was on his stomach, the plaintiff says she became uncomfortable with how close he wanted her to get to his anus, so she asked him to flip over.

The woman alleges that when Watson was on his back, he grabbed her butt and moved his erect P onto her hand, telling her, "You can sit on it." The plaintiff says she told Watson that’s not how "she got down” and ended the massage.

Before leaving, Watson handed her a non-disclosure agreement "telling her that in order for him to pay her, she had to sign,” according to the suit. The woman says she signed the document without reading it and Watson sent her $250 through CashApp even though the service was supposed to cost just $65.


 

 

Ooof - I mean that's going to be telling if they track down that NDA.  I think Watson should be hoping he doesn't have anything illegal on any hard drives.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, QBhunter58 said:

yeah he is pretty sick in the head...

Is he that much worse than Robert Kraft? The difference here is that some of the masseuses weren't willing to provide 'extras'. I'll bet other masseuses employed by Watson were more accommodating. I haven't been following the saga, is he accused of more than expecting more than the masseuses were willing to provide? Did he threaten or worse?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

I would hope he can because that is absolutely dreadful. How much do you reasonably expect such a bad player to improve though?  In the twitter thread I posted earlier it showed how easily he is overpowered when a defender decides to just come right at him. Eve on the second level on screens when he tries to take on smaller linebackers he gets tossed aside like a child. 

Just to be clear, when people question/criticize Hurts you/others jump to defend him and claim that we haven't seen enough and that 4 games isnt enough to go on, but Dillard in his 4 starts already has his future set in stone?

LMAO.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Warren Sharp
 
@SharpFootball

image.png.8b8787f3b241666b55aa4cb8be538b4b.png
 

 

2 GB  , second one should be TB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Ooof - I mean that's going to be telling if they track down that NDA.  I think Watson should be hoping he doesn't have anything illegal on any hard drives.  

guy has to be really big POS to carry NDA papers on him to have women sign if they aren't down with his sickness.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Bad process to have not vetted him properly though. 

I don't see how you can make a multi-million dollar investment without having a pretty good grasp on his negatives.  I mean picks fail even when a player has been vetted. I think even if his character issues were a concern he was a talented athletic prospect.   I mean: 

image.jpeg.48b368778794595bc2af7ecb49521da8.jpeg

Sure he has struggled but he showed up to camp ready to play and compete.  He struggled in camp but arguably not worse than Mailata who was Ostman's traffic cone in a pre-season scrimmage.  Look how he compares to Peters: 

image.jpeg.40f331cfba229e81008ec13e607c1867.jpeg

or Mailata:

image.jpeg.8755ddd333d13e9c7d7cfe01e262d9e3.jpeg

I think he still has a lot of potential and the Eagles shouldn't get rid of him given the health and depth at the position.  

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watson gotta be the horniest man alive, JFC.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joe Douglas is rooting for Sam Darnold, via : "Whether I look bad or not, I could give two craps about that... We couldn’t turn this around fast enough. That’s not his fault. I root for good people, that dude’s a good man, & he’s gonna do good things. I believe that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...