Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

28 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

you have a P, so you're someones aunt

You Guys Are Weird GIFs | Tenor

13 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The move at the start of his route he puts on the defender at 3:46 leaving him flat footed and then just puts it in another gear to glides past him doesn't impress you at all? 

I'll go watch it again.

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Did someone hack your account?  This is actually an intelligent post.  

I'm going to choose to look at the positive side of things and consider that a compliment,

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The move at the start of his route he puts on the defender at 3:46 leaving him flat footed and then just puts it in another gear to glides past him doesn't impress you at all? 

Yup that's a good one, I forget the name of the technique he uses for his release to avoid a jam but the DB doesn't get a pinky on him and at that point the DB is toast, pro level release off the LOS.

Some may say pro DBs will be able to man handle him because he's so thin but if they can't get their hands on him it doesn't matter.

If he can consistent do what he did to that DB off the line then he can be really effective so yeah that one at 3:46 is impressive

• Like 1

I personally think Devonta Smith is the best player in this draft and it’s not even close. 1800 yards and 23 TDs against top competition and made it look easy. If he drops to 12 we need to run to the podium. Tyreek Hill (so far), Steve Smith, Desean Jackson, Wes Welker all had great careers. 

13 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

I personally think Devonta Smith is the best player in this draft and it’s not even close. 1800 yards and 23 TDs against top competition and made it look easy. If he drops to 12 we need to run to the podium. Tyreek Hill (so far), Steve Smith, Desean Jackson, Wes Welker all had great careers. 

What makes him as good or better than Ja’Marr Chase?

20 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Ja’Marr Chase did practically that at a way younger age. So what’s the difference? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Well the Eagles certainly don’t feel that way as they reportedly traded down because they felt Chase wouldn’t be there at 6. Devonta should be available at 6 under most scenarios. 

On second thought, maybe you are on to something. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Ja’Marr chase did practically that at a way younger age. So what’s the difference? 

Just a personal belief. I’m gonna pick the player that had the better statistical season (even by a little) played all 4 seasons, and won the heisman over the player who played 2 seasons, had his only good season with the heisman winning qb, and who hasn’t played in over a year.

I think Chase is one of the best players in the draft. I’m not discrediting him. I just think Smith is better at this point and more NFL ready.

11 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Oh yeah, Kotite I think goes down as one of the worst coaches in Eagle if not NFL history.  I don't even really think anyone is close.  

He did hire Bud Carson the best D coach for the Eagles in at least the last 50 years. Ryan had a great eye for defensive talent and also found Cunningham. Needed Stoutland back then. The D was better under Carson than Ryan except for the Body Bag Game

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Of course not.    I'm still trying to figure out exactly what the GM's role is here... its not drafting, not targeting free agents, not structuring contracts... he must be in charge of snacks.

That’s what’s so funny about this. In order to defend Howie as the GM, people have essentially had to redefine his role as basically...not the GM. 

Howie is just getting the players the coaches want!!

Howie is just getting the players the scouts recommend!!

Howie is picking the players from Douglas’ board!!!

They are turning Howie into a secretary. A glorified gopher. GM is one of, if not the most coveted executive position in football. They don’t aspire to fill that role just to be the coaches beyotch boy. The GM is also responsible for the scouting dept so either way the buck stops with the GM. It’s also like we are expected to believe that Douglas worked in a vacuum for several months and Howie had no knowledge of the work he did until draft night. It’s ridiculous. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

What makes him as good or better than Ja’Marr Chase?

He played last year.  He played in Alabama’s offense and he was able to get Waddle’s targets.  This fan base is seriously getting dumber.   Smith does not project well to the NFL.  He’s limited physically in every way.  How many college players in the past 50 years, put up huge numbers only to be out classed in the NFL.  It wasn’t long ago that when you drafted a WR in the top half of the 1st round, he was a sure thing stud.  Now you have Philly fans who are so obsessed with the position they want to draft one in the first round every year.  JFC.  This guy is 165 lbs.   And maxed out.  He’s not very fast.  He’s not going to get much bigger.  He’s not going to play in Alabama’s offense next year.  Good player?  Sure.  Generational talent.  Of course not.   I would pass on him until he got to the late part of the 1st.  Big numbers in college doesn’t mean he projects well in the pros.   Chase does.  Waddle does.  Smith.  I’ll pass at 12.  Let someone else make that mistake.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Dresden really falls to the British and their nighttime carpet bombing. 

As was Hamburg; the point is conventional bombing raids achieved similar results. If I remember correctly Hiroshima and Nagasaki were selected because they were one of the few Japanese cities that had not already been fire bombed, but they shared a similar fate as Tokyo where maybe 100,000 died. The difference was the efficiency of the atom bomb, which fortunately had the necessary psychological effect to end the war.

Looking forward to seeing how Payton Turner does in drills today , fan of his .

41 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Cowboys want Pitts

#NFL Via @CBSSports the #Falcons have talked to two teams wanting to move into the 4 slot which would be the #Patriots and the #Cowboys #NFLRumors #NFLDraft

My new prayer is: May the Dallas Cowboys give up multiple picks this year and a 2022 1st round pick to move up to #4 and select Pitts.  Please.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

He was unaware of the A-bomb before taking the oath.  When the time came to make the decision, it was his decision.  He could give the go ahead, or he could deny the use.  He gave the go ahead and never shied away from the responsibility lying with him.  

Good. I agree,

1 minute ago, Freshmilk said:

My new prayer is: May the Dallas Cowboys give up multiple picks this year and a 2022 1st round pick to move up to #4 and select Pitts.  Please.

Either , Pitts or Sewell , IMO 

Pitts will give more of a return , IMO . The NFL rules favor offense , so why not load up on weapons and out score opponents 

I think the A bomb could have been dropped in a field and got the point across , they didn’t have to drop it on a city/cities with a bunch of civilians .

I get a kick out of US running around policing the world , trying to dictate who should or shouldn’t have nuclear weapons, last I checked , US is the only country to ever use anything close to said weapon , in terms of destruction. 

Just now, Original Sin said:

Either , Pitts or Sewell , IMO 

Pitts will give more of a return , IMO . The NFL rules favor offense , so why not load up on weapons and out score opponents 

Out scoring opponents rarely works.   KC did it once for a SB win but a good defense slaughtered that philosophy a few weeks ago.  Now, getting Sewell would actually be the smarter move as many on here know I believe the offensive line is the most important position group on a team.  I hope it's Pitts and not Sewell.  

10 hours ago, eagle45 said:

My WWII history is hazy at best.  Sign me up for the opposite of whatever side of the argument @justrelax takes.

Duly noted.

When is the last super bowl where a team held the other team without a TD,? Other than the Bucs last year ?

the Bucs have the weapons on offense to outscore teams , if that is how the game were to unfold .

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He played last year.  He played in Alabama’s offense and he was able to get Waddle’s targets.  This fan base is seriously getting dumber.   Smith does not project well to the NFL.  He’s limited physically in every way.  How many college players in the past 50 years, put up huge numbers only to be out classed in the NFL.  It wasn’t long ago that when you drafted a WR in the top half of the 1st round, he was a sure thing stud.  Now you have Philly fans who are so obsessed with the position they want to draft one in the first round every year.  JFC.  This guy is 165 lbs.   And maxed out.  He’s not very fast.  He’s not going to get much bigger.  He’s not going to play in Alabama’s offense next year.  Good player?  Sure.  Generational talent.  Of course not.   I would pass on him until he got to the late part of the 1st.  Big numbers in college doesn’t mean he projects well in the pros.   Chase does.  Waddle does.  Smith.  I’ll pass at 12.  Let someone else make that mistake.   

Yeah except he is #1 in Alabama history as a WR. This fan base also likes to downplay certain prospects and then complain when they do well. AKA Jefferson.. remember he’s just a slot WR.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Hamburg, Dresden, Tokyo - was the destruction caused by the atom bombs so much more abhorrent that we can’t appreciate what it accomplished in terms of ending that war and providing a sobering example of what total war had become so that it has been avoided by the great powers ever since. I’m not sure if Truman thought in those terms, but I figure the planned invasion of Japan and Joe Stalin might have had something to do with it.

Not to defend the Dresden bombing, which was abhorent  and unjustified, but German historical records place the number of dead at about 25,000. The inflated figures of anywhere from 130,000 to 250,000 come from Holocaust deniers such as  David Irving.