EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Haven't seen it discussed yet, but has anyone stopped to think that maybe Smith and Waddle are not the type of WR's the Eagles need. Other than kicking Reagor into the slot it's not going to work. Despite what Siri said, guys like Smith and Waddle aren't going to play the X position. They need an X or slot guy unless they plan to move Reagor to the slot and obviously they aren't going to take a slot guy in round 1. I'm thinking Marshall or Bateman at 37, or someone like Tylan Wallace, Nico Collins as an X or Amon-Ra St. Brown, Amari Rodgers as a slot in rounds 3 or 4 would make a lot more sense. Nobody seems to be talking about it but as much as Greg Ward is a nice story they really should be looking to upgrade him so maybe they do take a Waddle or Smith to play the Z and move Reagor to slot.

Not sure Siri cares about "X'" Or "Y." Indy runs a lot of gadgets to get guys open. And Indy is big on routes that lead to YAC.

He'll want a big WR, he'll start with Fulgham and JJAW but will want one or two in the draft, but they don't have to be top picks.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Because he was complete ass his rookie year.  Got tossed around like a child when any defender tried to come at him with a power move.  Got blown up by linebackers when he went to block on a screen.  Displayed a complete lack of the mentality necessary to play the position at a pro level. 

This is moronic.  And I am not a Dillard fan.  Spare me from the highlights of the 1 game he played RT.  

28 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Paye’s athleticism is pretty overrated.  If you want to go off pure explosive traits over production, there are better athletes who will be available later.

Thats not to say that Paye is a bad athlete; he’s a good one.  He’s just not enough of one to go #12 overall because of athleticism.

I'm really hoping the Eagles are leaking this Paye possibility as a smokescreen. It is a believable smokescreen. Maybe they are trying to sucker the Giants into taking him before they pick. Then, fans would be happy Howie didn't do it and fans would be a little more trusting. But, if Howie goes Paye, I think "Fire Howie" chants will extend into houses of worship, elementary schools, public libraries and living care facilities in Philly and elsewhere.  

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How do we even know they are leaking anything?  With the amount of talking heads discussing the draft for all 32 teams all over social media.  How are we to know what is or isn't coming out of the novcare complex?  They probably just sit back and laugh at all of this mess.  Like they did last year and went out and destroyed my heart.  

Hard to know. But, teams do purposely leak some things.  Some things are media generated.  I'm just trying to find any hope that I don't see Howie high fiving after picking Paye at 12 when we could've had a franchise player at 6.  

47 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Doug did put his own coaching staff together, it was so bad they had to do an intervention before last season.

They intervened well before last season. 

You know that. 

6 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I'm really hoping the Eagles are leaking this Paye possibility as a smokescreen. It is a believable smokescreen. Maybe they are trying to sucker the Giants into taking him before they pick. Then, fans would be happy Howie didn't do it and fans would be a little more trusting. But, if Howie goes Paye, I think "Fire Howie" chants will extend into houses of worship, elementary schools, public libraries and living care facilities in Philly and elsewhere.  

I don’t like Paye for this team either, but in reality, he’s got a pretty low bar to clear to be our best first round pick in years.  All he needs to do is come in as a situational rusher, go 100mph, collect 4-5 sacks as a rookie, and everyone will be calling him the best young player on the team and evidence Howie has turned it around.

He can probably do that.

Remember ski ball?  With all the pressure, this is the perfect draft for Howie to aim low for the big ring and small but sure points.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

They intervened well before last season. 

You know that. 

Facts are troublesome things.

This ought to be good 

Breaking: Floyd Mayweather and Logan Paul have agreed to a fight at Hard Rock Stadium on Sunday, June 6, they announced.

19 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Foles was shipped out b/c he was too expensive to keep as a backup and not talented enough to start

Wentz was given every chance in the world to make that job his own for a decade.

Reich was a funny situation, before Philly he was OC in SD for two seasons, 18/17 yards/points, and 9/26. Not exactly a stellar resume. What got the FO upset was that Wentz clearly regressed after a strong start in 2016, now talent was an issue, Matthews, Sproles, Agholor, Matthews, DGB, Ertz, Burton, Celek but also an OL with Peters, Kelce, Brooks, Lane (6g). So it wasn't something out of thin air, 7-1 TD/Int his first four games, 9-13 his next 12 with a big drop in Y/A. You've just spent all these assets, told he was ready to start, and he goes backwards.

Doug was fired on merit, kept saying he could turn it around, Howie gave him what he asked for, and he couldn't deliver. Time to move on.

The fact remains that the FO wanted to can Reich before the 2017 season. Pederson had to intervene to save Reich. Without Reich, it is unlikely that the Eagles win the SB.

If the FO had their way, the Eagles do not win the SB.

4 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Facts are troublesome things.

The best is him trying to say Doug wanted more say in personnel. Literally every coach tells the GM the things he thinks his offense needs. The same goes for OC/DC. 

This wasn’t some power struggle. This was Doug saying the offense was too slow and he wanted more speed. That doesn’t mean Doug said "eff your scouts, bring me Reagor.” It was more like "we’re too slow on offense. We need more speed.” They (not just Doug) had concerns that Jefferson wasn’t an outside receiver.

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

This ought to be good 

Breaking: Floyd Mayweather and Logan Paul have agreed to a fight at Hard Rock Stadium on Sunday, June 6, they announced.

That's insane. Wonder why Mayweather agreed

15 minutes ago, hputenis said:

This is moronic.  And I am not a Dillard fan.  Spare me from the highlights of the 1 game he played RT.  

Yet he’ll stick up for Hurts like he’s his only son, when Dillard has had basically the same amount of opportunity, played better at LT than Hurts did at QB, and the position has less impact on the overall fortunes of the franchise.

23 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Maybe you didn't read the scouting report? He was a project, coming out of a scheme where they didn't run the ball. Stoutland made it clear he needed to get stronger and work on his run blocking technique. That's why he fell in the draft. Reason Eagles drafted him was they could sit him behind Peters for a year, then let him start.

He was supposed to be a ready made product in pass protection the the only thing he was ready made in was being pushed through like he's paper. 

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

That's insane. Wonder why Mayweather agreed

Floyd should knock him out , but he better be careful , Paul has nothing to lose and everything to gain 

19 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I'll spare you his pathetic game at RT and spot you his pathetic play at LT highlighted in this twitter thread:

There are rumors that the Cowboys are trying to trade for Stephon Gilmore for Gallup. If they do that, it means they want Pitts bad.  If they get Gilmore, then they won't go CB in Round 1.  The good news is that Surtain or Horn should fall to us. The bad news is it is almost a lock that the Cowboys would go after Pitts and Howie could go Paye with both Surtain and Horn on the board just because Howie gonna Howie.

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

Floyd should knock him out , but he better be careful , Paul has nothing to lose and everything to gain 

Even if Paul were to win it would be against a 44 year old who has retired many times already

I'm guessing Floyd is getting another big payday

27 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And listen, I am not a Doug lover by any means.  He got tired of sitting listening to your two man crushes grill him on Tuesdays about decisions that were made in the game the previous sunday.  He got tired being handed garbage from the draft.  He got tired of being Micro Managed!  I am sure he got tired of being told to play Peters and AJ!  If they were going to fire Doug on merit, then why not do it right after the season concluded?  Why have him and Howie come out and do a press conference?  Why fly him down to Florida a week after the season ended?  He got fired because he stopped telling Lowie what they wanted to hear.  When he met with Lurie he probably resisted the status quo and realized he didn't love it anymore.  Nick will get burned out too.  Either that or Lurie will smarten the F up and fire that little piss ant Howie and hire a real GM rather than have a bean counter who thinks he's a jock.  

You realized you made all that up. The only thing they challenged Doug on was his unwillingness to bring in a legitimate OC.

Doug was the one pushing to resign his veteran offensive players and draft Reagor over Jefferson. Howie admitted he sided with his coaches (i.e. his HC) over his scouts.

There is zero evidence he was told to play anyone.

Lurie is reluctant to fire anyone from the family, a virtue in life, a fault in business, but Lowie had realized the obvious, it was time to rebuild, when Doug insisted he could make one more run with this team, the gig was up.

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Even if Paul were to win it would be against a 44 year old who has retired many times already

Well Jake made 10 million to fight Ben Askren 

so Logan probably getting 15 to 20 million if not more

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

You realized you made all that up. The only thing they challenged Doug on was his unwillingness to bring in a legitimate OC.

Doug was the one pushing to resign his veteran offensive players and draft Reagor over Jefferson. Howie admitted he sided with his coaches (i.e. his HC) over his scouts.

There is zero evidence he was told to play anyone.

Lurie is reluctant to fire anyone from the family, a virtue in life, a fault in business, but Lowie had realized the obvious, it was time to rebuild, when Doug insisted he could make one more run with this team, the gig was up.

The gig was up due to the horrid drafting by Roseman.

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Paul would have bragging rights for sure. 44 or not, he’s one of the greatest pound for pound boxers ever. You beat that guy as a YouTuber, you’re going to put that W on your tombstone.

And of course this is all about money.

18 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Paul won't be able to hit him.  One of the greatest technicians ever if not the best ever vs guy who has been boxing for a year.  

Archived