EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

10 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

The gig was up due to the horrid drafting by Roseman.

Doug wanted a deep threat and we whiffed badly with older players the previous two seasons. If Howie thought Jefferson was a legit outside receiver, I bet he would have been an Eagle. He didn’t see it like many didn’t see Jefferson being an outside WR. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What’s Howie’s excuse for picking JJAW, a lower ranked player than Campbell? Lemme guess? The coaching staff? So Lurie broke the tie? If Doug and Co made such a horrible pick, why would Howie give him another shot?

5 hours ago, NCiggles said:

How do you post here on a flip phone?

I use a laptop.  I don't post from my phone.   :P 

54 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I'm really hoping the Eagles are leaking this Paye possibility as a smokescreen. It is a believable smokescreen. Maybe they are trying to sucker the Giants into taking him before they pick. Then, fans would be happy Howie didn't do it and fans would be a little more trusting. But, if Howie goes Paye, I think "Fire Howie" chants will extend into houses of worship, elementary schools, public libraries and living care facilities in Philly and elsewhere.  

i like Paye, hes got a great story and is a hard worker.....at 12 though uuumm, i could think of a worse pick and won't break my TV

Shaun Wade kinda intrigues me as a player that might get drafted on day 3 and actually turn out to be a real player.  Seems like he could be a CB or S.  Anyone have opinions on him?

13 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

What’s Howie’s excuse for picking JJAW, a lower ranked player than Campbell? Lemme guess? The coaching staff? So Lurie broke the tie? If Doug and Co made such a horrible pick, why would Howie give him another shot?

tenor.gif?itemid=13397669

Late Round Prediction - Eagles pick Darius Stills (West Virginia), DT

It took Stills a couple of seasons to get his feet underneath him at his home-state school, even though he was a two-time first-team All-State selection at Fairmont High School. It all came together for him in 2019, as Big 12 coaches named him first-team all-conference. Stills led the Mountaineers with 14.5 tackles for loss and tied his brother, Dante, for the team lead with seven sacks among his 47 total stops in 12 games (11 starts). His production was down a bit in 2020 (25 tackles, 7.5 for loss, with 3.5 sacks in 10 starts) but he still earned first-team Associated Press All-American status and was named the Big 12 Defensive Lineman of the Year. He did not redshirt as a true freshman in 2017, making one tackle in nine games. Stills played in 12 games as a backup the following year (12 tackles, 3.5 for loss, with one sack) before breaking out as a junior. Darius and Dante are the sons of former Mountaineer and NFL pass rusher Gary Stills, who was a third-round pick of the Kansas City Chiefs in 1999. -- by Chad Reuter

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

What I don’t get is why has Justin Fields been dropping in some people’s mocks?   He has the pedigree and talent to be the first overall pick if not for Lawrence.   But he’s getting bypassed by Lance, Jones and Wilson for some reason.  

I personally don't like him at all BUT he started slipping every since he announced he has epilepsy. Managed or not its a concern and results in the drops in the mocks. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

At all?   Why don’t you like him?   

Just not a fan. I don;t like his style of play and esp don;t like that he refuses to throw away the ball and will just toss it up a lot. That doesn't work well in the NFL like it does in college. He also takes too many hits. He thinks he can truck people in the NFL he will be on the injury report a lot in his career. I know its not always true but don;t like the history of Ohio State QBs in the NFL either. Just a lot of risks on him. I personally like Jones or even Mills more then Fields and Mills could be had later in the 3rd or 4th round. 

18 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

What I don’t get is why has Justin Fields been dropping in some people’s mocks?   He has the pedigree and talent to be the first overall pick if not for Lawrence.   But he’s getting bypassed by Lance, Jones and Wilson for some reason.  

I think he’s a guy that will go well before mocks have him. There’s been leaks like he has epilepsy and rumors like he’s not a hard worker, last guy in first guy out etc. Feels like a team or teams keep putting negative stuff out there and hoping for him to drop to them.

5 hours ago, Peppersmacks said:

I don't plan to.  But waiting for it actually to be announced seems like a small ask when all you're "losing" out on is posting something you saw on Twitter a minute earlier.  But if it makes you feel better about yourself to post something a minute earlier, go nuts and then seek professional help.

🙄

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Announcing it on here before it’s announced on TV is a **** move and a sign of a lonely person.   

Anyone who is "carping” about pitching and not hitting hasn’t watched this year.   

I would rather know so you may think it's a crap move but I don't. 

1 minute ago, greend said:

I would rather know so you may think it's a crap move but I don't. 

you are correct!

I think as long as its in spoilers people who want to see can choose to do so, and people who dont want to see it dont have to click it.

But everyone can watch it how they want to. Whether its on TV, or twitter, or both. And everyone has a right to naturally react to what they see.

So if I react, but am not telling the pick then some people will have to deal with it. Or else, read a page behind since they are watching it behind everyone else as well.

48 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

Shaun Wade kinda intrigues me as a player that might get drafted on day 3 and actually turn out to be a real player.  Seems like he could be a CB or S.  Anyone have opinions on him?

Do not want

got beat like a drum

even my diehard OSU fans think he is a bum

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You will know.  When it’s announced on TV. That minute or two is that important?   You can’t wait?

It's worse than that.  No one is even telling him to wait until it's announced on TV.  He's welcome to check Twitter all he wants.  Literally all anyone is asking him to do is not post what he sees here to ruin the experience for those who do want to wait for the TV.  But apparently that's a big ask.

Who likes clowns?  Watch the Devils 5th goal of the game tonight scored just 9 seconds after the Flyers had tied it at 4.  Classic stuff!

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Spoilers weren’t used in the past.  And the information was coming from Twitter not TV.  I can’t imagine my NFLN feed is that far behind yours.   

people have used spoiler tags in the past. Last year I dont think anyone even did that because no spoilers were posted at all.

The thing is, everyone's TV is behind twitter because of all the garbage they talk about on the broadcasts instead of announcing the picks.

So if someone wants to be a TV only guy, then they should probably just stay back a page or 2 in the thread. 

43 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I'd disagree on that.  He's another runner, not a passer.

44 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Epilepsy?

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

people have used spoiler tags in the past. Last year I dont think anyone even did that because no spoilers were posted at all.

The thing is, everyone's TV is behind twitter because of all the garbage they talk about on the broadcasts instead of announcing the picks.

So if someone wants to be a TV only guy, then they should probably just stay back a page or 2 in the thread. 

With it being virtual, there weren't the same level of leaks as usual... so there were not spoilers to be posted.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

With it being virtual, there weren't the same level of leaks as usual... so there were not spoilers to be posted.

the picks were on twitter early last year. But like I said earlier, spoilers have been a non-issue in this thread for years. Not sure what TJ was even talking about. 

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Twitter still had it a minute or two early. I remember seeing Jalen Hurts and just turning off the TV before it was even announced 

Archived