EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

the picks were on twitter early last year.

Yup. I didn’t believe the Hurts pick until it was announced on TV. I remember McLane tweeting that he texted back to his pick tipper to make sure it wasn’t a joke. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No.  The Twitter news breakers should just STFU.  Like seriously!  You think you’re getting some sort of credit by breaking something?   We want to be live so we can react when the picks are announced on the broadcast.    Fing Twitter on draft night?   Really?   That’s a special kind of dork.  

Yeah, I don't get why people look at twitter before the pick is announced. Spoils any fun. I just avoid twitter and the blog until after the pick.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Twitter still had it a minute or two early. I remember seeing Jalen Hurts and just turning off the TV before it was even announced 

I’ve seen some weird picks as an Eagles fan (Jon Harris was the most memorable until Hurts). 

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

the picks were on twitter early last year. But like I said earlier, spoilers have been a non-issue in this thread for years. Not sure what TJ was even talking about. 

I like blaming you for things that may or may not have happened.  It's fun.  No early pick spoilers by 30 seconds or I'll report you to the mods!  

Just now, schuy7 said:

Yeah, I don't get why people look at twitter before the pick is announced. Spoils any fun. I just avoid twitter and the blog until after the pick.

Because sitting through these brutal telecasts is annoying. Too much fluff to fill time to drag it out. Twitter often has better breakdowns of the picks than the telecast too. 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He’s never rushed for more than 500 yards in a season!  :blink:  That’s not "another runner”.   

He completes passes at a ratio of less than 2:1 with his rushing attempts.   By comparison, Lawrence is roughly 4:1 completions to rushes.   Haskins at OSU was nearly 5:1.   I just don't see it with Fields.    That said... I don't see it with the others that are ahead of him either.   I just don't see this as a very good QB draft.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Because sitting through these brutal telecasts is annoying. Too much fluff to fill time to drag it out. Twitter often has better breakdowns of the picks than the telecast too. 

I get it on day 3. The broadcast is too slow and is usually a few picks behind. But day 1 and day 2, I can deal with waiting. I still look at the blog and twitter; I just avoid it a couple mins before the pick will be announced. 

Part of the fun of watching the draft is having no clue what name Goodell will announce. I don't want to see it on twitter first.

plus, you have MORE fun knowing the pick when its actually made. Because you have that many more minutes to rejoice and be pumped about the pick. Then you get to see it announced on TV, and see their breakdown, and highlights and be excited again. 

Just now, schuy7 said:

I get it on day 3. The broadcast is too slow and is usually a few picks behind. But day 1 and day 2, I can deal with waiting. I still look at the blog and twitter; I just avoid it a couple mins before the pick will be announced. 

Part of the fun of watching the draft is having no clue what name Goodell will announce. I don't want to see it on twitter first.

but you have no clue what twitter will announce. Its the same thing...

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

the picks were on twitter early last year. But like I said earlier, spoilers have been a non-issue in this thread for years. Not sure what TJ was even talking about. 

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Twitter still had it a minute or two early. I remember seeing Jalen Hurts and just turning off the TV before it was even announced 

Well... in my 1992 world that I live in without social media, I suppose I just assumed it was tighter security last year, but didn't remember any spoilers, but do remember them in years before.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Well... in my 1992 world that I live in without social media, I suppose I just assumed it was tighter security last year, but didn't remember any spoilers, but do remember them in years before.

yep

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

plus, you have MORE fun knowing the pick when its actually made. Because you have that many more minutes to rejoice and be pumped about the pick. Then you get to see it announced on TV, and see their breakdown, and highlights and be excited again. 

I'd rather watch it unfold on TV than see it in a tweet. I look at twitter all day everyday already.

Just now, schuy7 said:

Twitter is better than the broadcast. Hands down. 

But I’m not going to spoil picks for anyone. I get why it’s exciting.

Just now, schuy7 said:

I'd rather watch it unfold on TV than see it in a tweet. I look at twitter all day everyday already.

dork.

I only look during draft time because its better to get the pick early.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yep. I don’t need to hear Goodell or anyone else announce a pick for it to be exciting. It’s fun seeing the names pop up on the screen. 

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I’ve seen some weird picks as an Eagles fan (Jon Harris was the most memorable until Hurts). 

Jon Harris, the next Too Tall Jones...

...or not.

I don’t like the spoilers because I never can truly believe them. It’s like, If it’s bad, is still believe it might be different.. but if I like it, I still have to prepare for disappointment 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Twitter is better than the broadcast. Hands down. 

But I’m not going to spoil picks for anyone. I get why it’s exciting.

Do you have your TV on at the same time?  I honestly never understood the twitter love.  I have an account, and I go on from time to time, but the layout hurts my brain.  

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yep. I don’t need to hear Goodell or anyone else announce a pick for it to be exciting. It’s fun seeing the names pop up on the screen. 

heres my plan. Im gonna watch on ESPN, and on twitter. And Im going to react when I see the pick. But without giving away exactly what the pick was. No one complained about spoiling it last year and thats what I did. And others did as well. Ill enjoy it my way and everyone else can enjoy it how they want to. And TJ can go cry in TATE if he doesnt like it.

At one point, Shaun Wade was considered a 1st round talent.  Something happened his senior year and he just didn't play well.  Watching his highlights I know exactly who he reminds me of and it will make most on here run, but his playing style is very much like Jalen Mills. Like Mills, I think Wade projects better as a safety in the NFL.  He ran a 4.43, has a 37"+ vertical and a 10'3" broad jump so he's an athlete.  I thin someone gets a good player in him around the 4th round.

I stopped watching the draft years ago. The constant chatter in all the dead time is annoying to me.  I just follow it online. Twitter & espn.com & nfl.com

5 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Do you have your TV on at the same time?  I honestly never understood the twitter love.  I have an account, and I go on from time to time, but the layout hurts my brain.  

I do. I like to watch the draft, but Twitter (at least who I follow) do a better job of analyzing the picks than they do on TV. I learn quite a bit on Twitter. 

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

heres my plan. Im gonna watch on ESPN, and on twitter. And Im going to react when I see the pick. But without giving away exactly what the pick was. No one complained about spoiling it last year and thats what I did. And others did as well. Ill enjoy it my way and everyone else can enjoy it how they want to. And TJ can go cry in TATE if he doesnt like it.

childish attention whoring

I do. I like to watch the draft, but Twitter (at least who I follow) do a better job of analyzing the picks than they do on TV. I learn quite a bit on Twitter. 

i like digging on twitter after the pick for all that analysis. but i want the suspense of seeing it announced. maybe i am just old 

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

At one point, Shaun Wade was considered a 1st round talent.  Something happened his senior year and he just didn't play well.  Watching his highlights I know exactly who he reminds me of and it will make most on here run, but his playing style is very much like Jalen Mills. Like Mills, I think Wade projects better as a safety in the NFL.  He ran a 4.43, has a 37"+ vertical and a 10'3" broad jump so he's an athlete.  I thin someone gets a good player in him around the 4th round.

I would definitely like him as a 3rd day pick.  More upside than Jalen Mills too.  Fans should be happy with what Jalen Mills did here.  He was a 7th round pick.  They're not supposed to have an impact, but he played his way to getting overpaid.  One of the few players I'm actually happy for.  

Archived