EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Watson had a career year without Hopkins and with his coach being an idiot and getting fired liked week 6. He’s a legit top 5ish QB

It's funny that the few games I've seen of his are when he's not good

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Who said anything about Hurts?  My wanting to see another QB start had little-to-nothing to do with Hurts. 

I wanted to see what this offense looked like with another QB running it.  And it did look better for about 2 1/2 games.  And some of my suspicions were validated today when it was revealed that Wentz had been intentionally checking out of plays.  I could see it on film but unless you know what play was called, etc...you never get the full story.   

When Hurts came in, he ran the plays that were called for him and the offense ran better.  That said, I think the jury is still out on Hurts.  I think he has a ton of potential but still needs to learn the game at the NFL level, especially being more patient and going through his reads. 

Nah... it looked better for the first half of 2 games... and it looked better with the QB running the ball.  That's not a recipe for success.

6 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Who said anything about Hurts?  My wanting to see another QB start had little-to-nothing to do with Hurts. 

I wanted to see what this offense looked like with another QB running it.  And it did look better for about 2 1/2 games.  And some of my suspicions were validated today when it was revealed that Wentz had been intentionally checking out of plays.  I could see it on film but unless you know what play was called, etc...you never get the full story.   

When Hurts came in, he ran the plays that were called for him and the offense ran better.  That said, I think the jury is still out on Hurts.  I think he has a ton of potential but still needs to learn the game at the NFL level, especially being more patient and going through his reads. 

Lol

You mean 2-1/2 quarters.  Legitimately the only reason it seemed better was because he was tucking and running

Thats just how pathetic the offensive coaching became.  A guy they had peppered into the game all season to prepare him for the speed of the NFL still couldnt make it to the 2nd read without running for his life

And just as predicted, it was very short lived.

8 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

I think Wentz was resistant to bad coaching

Imagine that

I think the main issue with Wentz is that after DeFillipo left (Rumor was Wentz wasn't thrilled with him) every coach he's had since has "been easy on him".  DeFillipo was the last coach he had that was "demanding",   And I'll tell you right now, coming from a type A personality, if you start making mistakes (as a type A) and you have coaches that just let you get your way, you will continue to make the same mistakes.  Alpha's don't learn or take advice from Beta's.  They need other Alphas who they respect.  

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Nah... it looked better for the first half of 2 games... and it looked better with the QB running the ball.  That's not a recipe for success.

I'm not saying it is.  And personally, I agree, I don't like run-first offenses, especially if it's a QB run-first offense.  The idea was that I wanted to see IF there was a difference with ANY other QB at the helm and there was. 

9 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

It looked good for the first half of 3 games. It looked like a bunch of hollow yards (eerily similar to what cousins does where the yards look good but then you realize they scored just 7, 6 and 0 points) or couldn’t score more than 4.3 points on average in the second half when teams adjusted. 

Just now, Ace Nova said:

I think the main issue with Wentz is that after DeFillipo left (Rumor was Wentz wasn't thrilled with him) every coach he's had since has "been easy on him".  DeFillipo was the last coach he had that was "demanding",   And I'll tell you right now, coming from a type A personality, if you start making mistakes (as a type A) and you have coaches that just let you get your way, you will continue to make the same mistakes.  Alpha's don't learn or take advice from Beta's.  They need other Alphas who they respect.  

Imagine watching film where on first down Jason Peters immediately gives up pressure for a sack, then the next is a WR screen to Greg Ward on 2nd and 15, and then on the 3rd & 12 call the coaches are like "hey why didnt you throw this pass right here??"

Week after week this ish happened and we all saw it, but now that the coaches are free to cry to the media (which Wentz, the toxic, bad teammate has never done), the narrative changes and it was Wentz making life impossible for those poor, poor souls who allegedly couldnt figure out that they should have just tried coaching him.

Imagine making the excuse that Wentz wouldnt take coaching from Press Taylor, and then recommending Press Taylor for a promotion when the owner asks you what the F he just saw for 16 weeks

The issue with the Ravens offense is playing from behind.  Their running game can come at you in several ways.  I will admit it's tricky to defend.  It also controls the ball.  But if they find themselves in a hole, it's over.  They can't pass their way out of it.

Could they get lucky and win a few playoff games?  Sure.  But when the tide turns against you, you need to pass your way out of it.  They can't do that.

The offense is so different that it can be effective.  But it's also such a shameless gimmick.

As for the new coach, for whatever reason I have a feeling it will be Duce unless someone else (ala Chip Kelly hiring) comes in at the last minute and takes the job.   

Duce is an Alpha and if they plan on going with Wentz (as reported) Duce could be the guy they feel could get Wentz turned around...because any way you look at it, whether you like Wentz or not, 2021 will determine his future with the Eagles.  So if they're going "all in on Wentz" I'm not sure hiring someone from the outside will fit into their "goals" tbh. 

59 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

For those following the NBA...all the talk about fat James Harden...what the heck?  Looks like he lost 35 pounds.

He lost the entire city of Houston 

10 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

I'm not saying it is.  And personally, I agree, I don't like run-first offenses, especially if it's a QB run-first offense.  The idea was that I wanted to see IF there was a difference with ANY other QB at the helm and there was. 

Not really.   You fell for pyrite.

2 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Imagine making the excuse that Wentz wouldnt take coaching from Press Taylor, and then recommending Press Taylor for a promotion when the owner asks you what the F he just saw for 16 weeks

As far as Pederson goes, it's now clear as day that he was "done" with doing it "their way" and put his foot down.  He wanted to promote guys he trusted and brought up (just like most good coaches like to do) and he was willing to lose his job over it.   He basically said, "We're going to do it my way and if Wentz is on board, great, if not, we can move on".  And Lurie (obviously) had other thoughts. 

For those not keeping track at home... 1st drive.  2 completions, 3 rushing attempts, 0 points.  blame Tucker if you want.

24 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Watson had a career year without Hopkins and with his coach being an idiot and getting fired liked week 6. He’s a legit top 5ish QB

People who think watson had a bad year is cause they watched the first three weeks of the season where he played KC, Baltimore and Pittsburgh. They fell behind big in the KC and Baltimore games and he had some garbage time stats. But after the first three weeks he was awesome. Jags game he had 2 picks but one was on the receiver. First three weeks when he was adjusting to cooks and fuller he had 4 tds and 3 ints. Rest of the season 29 tds and 4 ints. Once he got more reps with cooks and fuller and then coutee he looked good for the most part 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

For those not keeping track at home... 1st drive.  2 completions, 3 rushing attempts, 0 points.  blame Tucker if you want.

The Ravens offense is the epitome of run around on broken plays and hope for the best.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Not really.   You fell for pyrite.

The offense looked different.  Whether it was "remarkably better" or even "sustainable" is up to debate but it was good enough to beat the Saints and they were competitive and very exciting against Arizona. 

Just now, eagle45 said:

The Ravens offense is the epitome of run around on broken plays and hope for the best.

Yup.

Jackson may run for 200 yards tonight and come out of this game a winner, national celebrity, and baltimore hero.  That's the unpredictability of it all when you rely on this.  But I wouldn't trade a 4th round pick for him.

Just now, Ace Nova said:

The offense looked different.  Whether it was "remarkably better" or even "sustainable" is up to debate but it was good enough to beat the Saints and they were competitive and very exciting against Arizona. 

Pyrite.   Good enough to beat the Saints without Brees and with Taysom Hill.   And barely did that.   

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Cool.... did you let Adam schefter know about him taking heat if he does it?

I don’t care what the previous convo was. you didn’t tag that person or quote them or differentiate which convo (the multiple going on) in the blog. i responded to a 1 sentence response with no additional quote.. So there’s that. 

7DDA3284-6042-45B7-915E-C7E8706D0DE7.jpeg
Love you taking about insults. That’s rich

A few posts above my comment this was said by another poster.

'' Does Lurie take the PR heat of hiring Kafka over Bieniemy?''

I responded accordingly. I tried to tell you to try following along and utilize this called context but you just had to keep running your mouth because you can't help yourself. Take your L like a man and move on.

Just now, eagle45 said:

Jackson may run for 200 yards tonight and come out of this game a winner, national celebrity, and baltimore hero.  That's the unpredictability of it all when you rely on this.  But I wouldn't trade a 4th round pick for him.

Doubtful.  He did that last week.  

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Pyrite.   Good enough to beat the Saints without Brees and with Taysom Hill.   And barely did that.   

they were also fortunate Williams having stone hands at DB from losing that game on a pick 6. 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

All this aside, what are your feelings on Wentz now?  What will he need in order to turn his career around? 

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If I was a bills fan, I would want this a a shirt or hat.  

212234C8-64BD-4808-9DD0-D5BAB45C74C8.jpeg

love the blue cheese addition

Archived