EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Good play call. Big Balls Big Red.

It was a good call.   And they rope a dope'd them with the fake bad hard count.

Just now, eagle45 said:

Baker Mayhurts put 17 points on the board against the Chiefs.  Good luck winning a playoff game doing that.

Likely should've been 20 or 24.

Best offenses in the NFL still active, pretty much no correlation between having a top defense and still being alive in the playoffs right now.

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

The real reason I wanted the Chiefs to win:

Don't want us interviewing Bieniemy or Kafka lol.

Keep those MFers the F outta Philly.

Didn't even think of that, but good point. :lol:

Just now, eaglelen said:

If we tried that, Ward wouldn't have got the first down.

Not sure we have a qb who can make an accurate throw in that situation like the Chiefs backup. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

Reid rope-a-doped the Browns defense. Incredible.  

Definitely caught me off guard. I thought for sure with two timeouts he’d call a timeout after trying to draw them offside then run a play. 

So the big question is will Mahomes be able to play in the AFCCG? 

Just now, ManuManu said:

Baker’s fault Higgins fumbled that. 

Now, Now, we all know its really Wentz's fault. Who are we kidding

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Definitely caught me off guard. I thought for sure with two timeouts he’d call a timeout after trying to draw them offside then run a play. 

I think everyone did. I mean Romo was saying that the body language of the Chiefs players showed there was no way they were going to snap the ball. 

😁

1 minute ago, Green_Guinness said:

So the big question is will Mahomes be able to play in the AFCCG? 

He’ll play 

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

Now, Now, we all know its really Wentz's fault. Who are we kidding

This is getting really old....

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

He’ll play 

I suspect he will play but he shouldn't. I don't think he'll legit clear protocols. 

Good game.  Looking forward to the Saints-Bucs.  Basically the Crybaby Bowl.  You know the loser will be making excuses and complaining about the game.

On 1/13/2021 at 12:25 PM, Iggles_Phan said:

Of course, it didn't sneak up on him.  He rolled the dice that he could draft better young players to replace these players when their relly big dead cap hits come due, and that the cap would continue to rise every year.  He was wrong on both counts.  He hasn't drafted better players to fill in when these players' dead hits come due - Desean and Alshon are almost assuredly out, and the WR situation is as uncertain as its been since I can remember.  Greg Ward remains the most reliable option... Malik Jackson will be gone, and instead of a cheaper DT to fill in (Hassan Ridgeway would be a nice piece), we will have the giant contract of Javon Hargrave instead - a nicer player, certainly, but not a cap saving one, which is what they need to make up for these big dead cap hits that are coming.

Sometimes when you gamble, you lose.  Howie has lost, but rather than having to pay the penalty, Daddy just gave him a pat on the head and told him to do better next time.  

What do you say about his biggest gamble, Wentz  the main cog in the wheel bad pick, bad coaching or just bad luck ? We can extrapolate from there

Archived