EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Browns should try to just get 5-6 yards on this to make 4th down manageable 

That's what they should have done but KC diagnosed it and shut it down. No choice but to punt it really. 

Just now, Alphagrand said:

Heck of a drive by CLE ....

Probably should rename it the "the drive” lol

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

If the Chiefs throw the ball once here... AR is a moron.

I think they'll have to throw it once or twice on this drive... They can't run enough of this clock if they don't get a first down. 

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Heck of a drive by CLE ....

Cleveland's problem is... Baker Mayfield.   They are built to ground and pound... Why they didn't run an uptempo running attack on that drive, I don't know.

Cleveland's problem is... Baker Mayfield.   They are built to ground and pound... Why they didn't run an uptempo running attack on that drive, I don't know.

Especially with so much time on the clock. They didn't need to turn to Mayfield to win the game. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think they'll have to throw it once or twice on this drive... They can't run enough of this clock if they don't get a first down. 

Sweep with HIll, reverse to Hardman.... Run the ball.   One first down pretty much does it.

Sweep with HIll, reverse to Hardman.... Run the ball.   One first down pretty much does it.

Oh I agree they need to be smart and they need to be run heavy here... I'm just saying they'll need a first down which may require one or two throws. 

That was nice of the clock operator to take off an extra 4 seconds after hill was out of bounds 

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

With Mahomes and Jackson...expect some rule changes that further neuter defenses this offseason.  

It has nothing to do with the defense though.   

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That was nice of the clock operator to take off an extra 4 seconds after hill was out of bounds 

The official there kept the clock running...

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

That should do it.

Two minute warning helps the browns but if they get another first it’s over. Browns should get it back with like 1 minute and like 20 seconds if they get the stop

If the Chiefs throw on any of the next 3 plays, they're crazy. Run, run, run. Browns can't throw the ball and score with less than 1 minute. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

That should do it.

Almost... THey could get the ball back with about 1:15, if they can get the stop and force a punt.  

So... 1:15, no timeouts and need a TD.   With Baker.  Yeah, that should do it.

Just now, RLC said:

If the Chiefs throw on any of the next 3 plays, they're crazy. Run, run, run. Browns can't throw the ball and score with less than 1 minute. 

Of course, Reid calls a pass-play that leads to a sack. Lucky that wasn't a fumble. 

Archived