Salary Cap Discussion: 2021 and beyond

time2rock

12 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

The Eagles won the Super Bowl.

And the further we get away from it, as the mess gets worse, it was lucky.  Howie Roseman is not a GM who can win more than one.  We need a football guy if we want to win more than one.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

And the further we get away from it, as the mess gets worse, it was lucky.  Howie Roseman is not a GM who can win more than one.  We need a football guy if we want to win more than one.

It’s looking more and more like Howie putting that team together in 2017 was a case of the blind squirrel finding a nut.  There was still a strong core group of players in their prime, he played the trade game perfectly and had excellent luck with the free agent acquisitions. I don’t think he has it within himself to duplicate - we won’t get back there for the simple fact he can’t evaluate talent (in the draft) at a level needed to get back there (he will never be able to replenish the young talent he had on the roster in 2017).  I am prepared to not win another championship as long as he is employed here.  

Brandon Brooks restructures.  "Saves" 7 million

21 minutes ago, paco said:

Brandon Brooks restructures.  "Saves" 7 million

Did it just move the 7 million into next year?

21 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Did it just move the 7 million into next year?

Spread across 2021-2025.   2025 is a void year

1 hour ago, paco said:

Spread across 2021-2025.   2025 is a void year

Damn. Hope he stays healthy otherwise that's such a horrible investment 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Damn. Hope he stays healthy otherwise that's such a horrible investment 

Yeah. He, Slay and Hargrave all now have Alshon potential. 

7 hours ago, downundermike said:

Eh, probably what happens is the Eagles revert to the norm, which is none.

The first 50 or so years of the Super Bowl era, the Eagles won none.   That's normal.   What the owner, front office, etc, accomplished was better than normal. 

Be happy about that.

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

It’s looking more and more like Howie putting that team together in 2017 was a case of the blind squirrel finding a nut.  There was still a strong core group of players in their prime, he played the trade game perfectly and had excellent luck with the free agent acquisitions. I don’t think he has it within himself to duplicate - we won’t get back there for the simple fact he can’t evaluate talent (in the draft) at a level needed to get back there (he will never be able to replenish the young talent he had on the roster in 2017).  I am prepared to not win another championship as long as he is employed here.  

What were the names of the Eagles GMs who won the Super Bowl?

What you really should be saying is "I am prepared to not win another championship"

Nothing wrong with that.   The only Eagles GM to win a Super Bowl is one you don't like.

2 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

What were the names of the Eagles GMs who won the Super Bowl?

What you really should be saying is "I am prepared to not win another championship"

Nothing wrong with that.   The only Eagles GM to win a Super Bowl is one you don't like.

Thanks for chiming in Mrs. Roseman.  I’m sure your son is good at something.

16 hours ago, downundermike said:

Random regular starting to show his true colors. Calling the corona a bad cold and praising Howie.... He won't be around here much longer with that nonsense. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Random regular starting to show his true colors. Calling the corona a bad cold and praising Howie.... He won't be around here much longer with that nonsense. 

We now know under which name Howie's mom is posting.  :lol:

I think We are 10.4 mil over the salary cap at this point, after restructuring Brooks.

1 hour ago, Traveler Vic said:

I think We are 10.4 mil over the salary cap at this point, after restructuring Brooks.

I assume -9 mil means under the cap.

C4815083-C4C9-4949-B4A1-AF3A1952EB61.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Talkingbirds said:

I assume -9 mil means under the cap.

C4815083-C4C9-4949-B4A1-AF3A1952EB61.jpeg

9 million over the cap.  They were 18 million over before this move.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

9 million over the cap.  They were 18 million over before this move.

Cut Goodwin and trade or cut Ertz and we are there.  

Are the Alshon and M. Jackson releases accounted for in those numbers? Spotrac has us at 185M right now, but Alshon and Malik are still on the roster(and accounting for about 13M). Do they come off the books when the new league year starts? If we’re trading/releasing Ertz, does this mean we’ll actually be participating in FA this year?

7 minutes ago, 3rdDownJesus said:

Are the Alshon and M. Jackson releases accounted for in those numbers? Spotrac has us at 185M right now, but Alshon and Malik are still on the roster(and accounting for about 13M). Do they come off the books when the new league year starts? If we’re trading/releasing Ertz, does this mean we’ll actually be participating in FA this year?

They redid their contracts to be June 1 cuts.  The cap hit is spread out over two years that way.  So they will have cap hits  for 2021 and 2022, not sure if either site has the numbers accurate though.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

They redid their contracts to be June 1 cuts.  The cap hit is spread out over two years that way.  So they will have cap hits  for 2021 and 2022, not sure if either site has the numbers accurate though.

That makes perfect sense. Thanks.

3 hours ago, 3rdDownJesus said:

I checked OTC also and I’m not sure Malik Jackson’s numbers are accurate. According to them, his cap savings as a June 1st cut is minimal. It wouldn’t even make sense to cut him for a $2m cap savings. They also show the Eagles under the cap by about $1m after removing Jeffery, M.Jackson, Ertz, Barnett & Goodwin from the team. How can that be right? 

19 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

I checked OTC also and I’m not sure Malik Jackson’s numbers are accurate. According to them, his cap savings as a June 1st cut is minimal. It wouldn’t even make sense to cut him for a $2m cap savings. They also show the Eagles under the cap by about $1m after removing Jeffery, M.Jackson, Ertz, Barnett & Goodwin from the team. How can that be right? 

Barnett hasn't been cut and counts 10 million on the cap, i assume they plan to extend his contract.

24 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

They don’t get M Jackson and Jeffrey savings until June 1st

17 hours ago, time2rock said:

Thanks for chiming in Mrs. Roseman.  I’m sure your son is good at something.

You preferred when the Eagles never won Super Bowls?

You prefer complaining to winning?  I get that.

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

They don’t get M Jackson and Jeffrey savings until June 1st

Oh, I thought if they designate them as June 1st cuts the savings is immediate.