Eagles players, coaches were shocked by Doug Pederson’s QB switch, resulting in sideline confrontations

Talonblood

I feel bad for anyone who anyone who is actually dumb enough to believe this BS, especially when you consider the source.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Do the math.

4-7-1 is worth millions  year? YOU do the math

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

You talking about the Giants or the Eagles?  

Both actually. Also the Vagiants coach has some nerve talking about the integrity of the game considering he coached for the cheating Patriots.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Why aren't there names?  I am skeptical.  It sounds exaggerated.  I think he is using stronger words like "confrontations" when it was probably more "confusion".  But, the stronger words make it sound more explosive.

If this is the case..that it was just a confusion.... then the only Name I did hear reported ... /... thrown under the bus, was Kelce. As in Kelce questioned DP Why are you making this decision? Sounds very fishy. I personally did not have a problem with the call..because in the meaningless for the results of this season game (To the Eagles!!!!!) DP had perfectly legitimate chance to try out and look at the rest of the Eagle players..no matter what the Giants, or the media, or anyone also wanted. F the Giants.

I sincerely hope all this outrage isn't because the loser fans and ex-players of a bad team were butthurt and made a lot of noise about not winning a division with a ..... 6-10 record.        And then the national media decided to pile on in their tried and true, above it all, lecturing way.

Listen, I don't give a rat's a$$ either way, I'm just glad they lost the game.     But Pederson could have made it much easier just playing Sudfeld the entire game, or at the very least benching Hurts after the first half.         

This much I stone guarantee - if Pederson and especially Roseman are seriously going to be retained, there is zero point expending a shred of care or emotion for this franchise, because 2021 will be as bad or worse than 2020, and the rebuild will take another year or two longer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

WTF does any of that mean?

You'll have to excuse him. Making sensible posts isn't his forte.

• Haha 1

Seriously if anyone including eagles players are upset about this game they need their heads examined... For real... If the players are pissed that the Eagles "rolled" over... Maybe be mad at yourself for not giving more of an effort in the games you lost...

If you bet on the game and lost money due to the outcome you're the dumbest of all for putting a dime on that dumpster fire 

10 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Some of them even point out that meaningless game stats two nights ago while conveniently leaving out he had to throw some balls away while under duress and to avoid getting sacked as well as some receivers just flat out dropping the ball. 

I fell asleep on the game twice, I doubt I saw 4 snaps total.

What I did see the the miss to Watkins in the end zone Sunday and a pass that was grossly behind a receiver and one in the dirt, both in the Cowboys game.  All three of those passes should have been easy completions.

Hurts need to do some Dak torso turns or whatever to get his passes on target, because we've seen enough inaccurate passing.........easy completions!!

The real tragedy of this game was the WFT. The Eagles basically benched most of their players and the only vets who played only did cause they wanted to, and the WFT basically went out there and had the worst possible outing for any team looking to win a division possible. If WFT handled their business like they were supposed to then Dudfeld would have started the second half. WFT kept it too close and the Owner/GM forced Doug’s hand. 

Glad they lost although I as hoping for more from Sudfeld. He did well in preseason but after that performance, the Eagles will need to spend real money on a veteran back-up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Both actually. Also the Vagiants coach has some nerve talking about the integrity of the game considering he coached for the cheating Patriots.

Hilarious, isn't it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Traveler Vic said:

If this is the case..that it was just a confusion.... then the only Name I did hear reported ... /... thrown under the bus, was Kelce. As in Kelce questioned DP Why are you making this decision? Sounds very fishy. I personally did not have a problem with the call..because in the meaningless for the results of this season game (To the Eagles!!!!!) DP had perfectly legitimate chance to try out and look at the rest of the Eagle players..no matter what the Giants, or the media, or anyone also wanted. F the Giants.

The thing is for us fans, sure we’d rather they lose that game and get a better pick. But for the players, these are grown men out there playing for a spot on the team next year, for their next contract, or even for their last game possibly as an eagle it’s a completely different story. They would have wanted to play well, win, and make themselves look better. They showed even Hurts on the sideline saying "this isn’t right”. I guarantee a lot of them were pissed at Doug for that move. 

If the team was wanting to lose this game, all they had to do was say "there was no preseason this year, we want to see the young guys play” then not play any of the starters from the beginning of the game. No one would have cared at all about that. Again by no means am I unhappy that we lost the game, I just think this is another example of the management very poorly mishandling a situation with the team this year. And if Doug and Howie are coming back, that’s definitely going to be reflected in the locker room next year. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

The thing is for us fans, sure we’d rather they lose that game and get a better pick. But for the players, these are grown men out there playing for a spot on the team next year, for their next contract, or even for their last game possibly as an eagle it’s a completely different story. They would have wanted to play well, win, and make themselves look better. They showed even Hurts on the sideline saying "this isn’t right”. I guarantee a lot of them were pissed at Doug for that move. 

If the team was wanting to lose this game, all they had to do was say "there was no preseason this year, we want to see the young guys play” then not play any of the starters from the beginning of the game. No one would have cared at all about that. Again by no means am I unhappy that we lost the game, I just think this is another example of the management very poorly mishandling a situation with the team this year. And if Doug and Howie are coming back, that’s definitely going to be reflected in the locker room next year. 

I think part of the reason and Doug won't mention it because he doesn't want to throw players under the bus is that we were starting Pryor and Toth at tackles and the only backup was Prince.  Talk about inexperienced tackles against two of the better young DEs in football. That's a major reason why Sudfeld saw action.  I was surprised Pryor and Toth did as well as they did all things considered. But, with those two at tackle, it increased the chance of a QB getting hurt. And, as bad as it is to say, it would be better if it were Sudfeld vs. Hurts.  Doug, or any other coach, won't say that, but I have to believe that was equal to or even more than the draft pick issue.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I think part of the reason and Doug won't mention it because he doesn't want to throw players under the bus is that we were starting Pryor and Toth at tackles and the only backup was Prince.  Talk about inexperienced tackles against two of the better young DEs in football. That's a major reason why Sudfeld saw action.  I was surprised Pryor and Toth did as well as they did all things considered. But, with those two at tackle, it increased the chance of a QB getting hurt. And, as bad as it is to say, it would be better if it were Sudfeld vs. Hurts.  Doug, or any other coach, won't say that, but I have to believe that was equal to or even more than the draft pick issue.

If that was the concern then they shouldn’t have played Hurts at all. Did Doug really think it was safe for Hurts to play 3 quarters but not the 4th? That doesn’t really make sense. 

4 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

If that was the concern then they shouldn’t have played Hurts at all. Did Doug really think it was safe for Hurts to play 3 quarters but not the 4th? That doesn’t really make sense. 

I think they did that to try to be competitive to some degree.  But, I would have started Sudfeld.  But, that would've drawn a lot of criticism.

Oh I'm sorry, we won by losing. Big fn deal. DP could have easily started Suds and the rest of the ps players.  Instead he gave Hurts some extra reps and thankfully didn't get injured. Imagine the outcry if Hurts got injured and would be forced to miss camp!

12 hours ago, NOTW said:

Many of them are actually very unprofessional.  I get that they have to ask the tough questions, that's their job.  But many of them get emotional and act like an upset fan.  It's like taking a handful of fans from the EMB and giving them a job to ask questions in the press conference and then write articles with their spin.

One reporter asked Doug "Why is Alshon even on the team?"  It was incredibly rude and unprofessional, especially to a coach that will always be looking out for the players.  You could ask what do you see is Alshon's role on this team now that he's back from injury or something.

Philly media is always looking for the negative.  Media and fans jump all over every negative report and believe it even when it's just unnamed "sources."  But any positive response or evidence even when players and coaches deny it, they don't believe that.

Yeah, the media can definitely act like frustrated fans sometimes.  Even though the question was asked unprofessionally, it speaks to how badly the roster has been managed these last two seasons.  I mean why waste roster spots on guys that are missing 13 or 14 games a season? 

11 hours ago, Kz! said:

I mean, I can see why Giants fans are upset. I find it completely hilarious, but I understand it.

But to be an Eagles fan and be upset? That's just beyond my comprehension. Why in the world would you want them to win a meaningless game and lower our draft position? I would have been angry if we won. 

Does #6 vs #9 matter if Howie is making the pick?

Just now, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Does #6 vs #9 matter if Howie is making the pick?

I think so, even with Howie. #9 would concern me more. It's further down enough that Howie could reach for someone there. I highly doubt he reaches at 6.  Now, it's not impossible that he trades down and then that could get scary.

2 hours ago, wtfcares said:

Sounds like pick and choose. In other words if it is Nate Sudfeld trying to showcase what he can do...it is BAD... But if this was someone also showcasing their stuff..than it is OK???

Coach has the right to play whoever he wants, ..that is why he is the Head Coach. Anyone who disagrees with his player assignment decisions can go and apply to be Philadelphia Eagles Head Coach. I will criticize DP for many things ..but never for giving players a chance to show their skills..especially in the meaningless game. Next year I will worry about Next year..But this year IT IS WHAT IT IS. The season is over and lets move on, instead of dwell in some imaginary grievances.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eggs said:

Glad they lost although I as hoping for more from Sudfeld. He did well in preseason but after that performance, the Eagles will need to spend real money on a veteran back-up. 

Much like Wentz. If you play like that after 4 years, you on the decline... Decisions and big changes need to be made or mediocrity will become worse. 

3 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

Seriously if anyone including eagles players are upset about this game they need their heads examined... For real... If the players are pissed that the Eagles "rolled" over... Maybe be mad at yourself for not giving more of an effort in the games you lost...

If you bet on the game and lost money due to the outcome you're the dumbest of all for putting a dime on that dumpster fire 

I'm not upset about past game I'm upset at the state of the team. Who really wants to play or win. Feeling as long as it took them to bench Wentz or move on from from old players like Peter's nothing will change. Unless big changes happen fans are in for a long drought.

So, Doug's keeping his job, Howie's keeping his job, Dorsey is an advisor whose advice will be ignored, the team is way over the cap, the team has no star quality franchise QB, and the QB factory is closed due to a lack of production.

Great start to the offseason!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

So, Doug's keeping his job, Howie's keeping his job, Dorsey is an advisor whose advice will be ignored, the team is way over the cap, the team has no star quality franchise QB, and the QB factory is closed due to a lack of production.

Great start to the offseason!

Yeah that’s pretty much it. At least we’ll have a new DC. Which is nice. Lol. 

• Like 1

Funny how suddenly everybody wanted the Eagles to win when all was lost already.