Eagles players, coaches were shocked by Doug Pederson’s QB switch, resulting in sideline confrontations

Talonblood

13 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I'm assuming you are talking to Miles Sanders. You would have to be a complete idiot to make the assumption from my post (of a Tweet about Miles Sanders) that I don't understand the decision.

So you don't trust Howie with drafting a QB but you trust him in drafting a WR?

Yes, I'm talking about Sanders.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eagle-mike said:

No one at any point named Hurts as the guy who is replacing the franchise QB in 2021.  He got game experience.  He had some flashes.  Knowing they are going to be in bad straits given the cap situation they could just as easily trade him for more picks and keep Carson for two more seasons to see if he recovers or is cheaper to let go as you draft the QB of the future in 2022.

Huh? Hurts literally did replace Wentz... Wentz is the franchise QB. So my point still stands. Hurts was the guy who this year replaced the franchise QB to finish the year. They then pulled him in the 4th quarter of a meaningless game that was still very close. Doug tanked it at that very moment. 

3 minutes ago, greend said:

Well I'll bet you a dollar that's what happens. Unless of course Wentz and Dougie can't repair their relationship. If not then you'll likely see Hurts for a year and then a great draft pick without Howie and Doug

Oh I am pretty certain it will be what happens. And I'm pretty sure it'll be a disaster. They needed to go Doug or Wentz. Bringing both back is an utter disaster.

16 hours ago, wyote said:

Here's the link: https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/doug-pederson-eagles-tank-jason-kelce-jalen-hurts-nate-sudfeld-joe-judge-20210104.html

Funny thing is, the majority of fans have been whining for the Eagles to tank, so they actually do it for a quarter and now it's a reason to fire the Doug and Howie. 

Exactly. Da heck. Folks have bi-polar.

15 hours ago, judunno said:

Very true. Majority of these boards and Eagles fans in general wanted to lose this game. Mission accomplished.

As a player though it would be hard to respect.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

WTF does any of that mean?

you hate fans that leave the team and come back, that's your problem.

1 minute ago, Right4thePicking said:

As a player though it would be hard to respect.

welp... good thing I'm not a player.

17 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Exactly. Da heck. Folks have bi-polar.

i think fans wanted both.

Miles Sanders now coming out and saying "nobody was happy" is an issue. A big, big issue. 

We know they tanked. Most of us WANTED THEM TO TANK. Anyone in here that can set aside emotion will agree with that. Not like that though. However, let's forget sentiment. 

Did Doug tank or was he told to tank? 

At this point it doesn't matter. 

It looks like there is a disconnect between FO and HC and now a disconnect between players and HC either because of Doug's decision or what he was told to do. 

They f'ed this up in a big, big way. 

I will say this and it's simply based on an emotional response ... I do worry that this makes Jason Kelce think much more about retiring. He's not a guy that wants to play for this mess. 

I'm sorry, but what is exactly was the controversy here?  This was a meaningless game (for the Eagles) and regardless of the outcome one of our bitter divisional rivals was going to the playoffs.  Do we care if its New York or Washington? Doug decides to play a career backup for a coupla minutes to give him a little field time and maybe showcase him for some personal success later in free agency and now we're talking about firing Doug?  Feels like a thank you for being a good teammate from one ex QB to another to me.  Not to mention we guarantee a higher draft pick with a loss.  I dunno, this is heavy yawn material in my book and this "sideline confrontation" story is likely just click bait. 

The real story is trying to determine what the hell happened to our team this season and to our franchise quarterback.

• Like 2

Well if the team played better during the season they wouldn’t have put themselves in a position to be embarrassed on National Television to begin with. Use this to get better. Stop whining and start winning.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

you hate fans that leave the team and come back, that's your problem.

Hate is a such a strong word.  I dislike quitters, bandwagon fans, whiners...does any of that fit you?

18 minutes ago, The Norseman said:

I'm sorry, but what is exactly was the controversy here?  This was a meaningless game (for the Eagles) and regardless of the outcome one of our bitter divisional rivals was going to the playoffs.  Do we care if its New York or Washington? Doug decides to play a career backup for a coupla minutes to give him a little field time and maybe showcase him for some personal success later in free agency and now we're talking about firing Doug?  Feels like a thank you for being a good teammate from one ex QB to another to me.  Not to mention we guarantee a higher draft pick with a loss.  I dunno, this is heavy yawn material in my book and this "sideline confrontation" story is likely just click bait. 

The real story is trying to determine what the hell happened this season to our team and to our franchise quarterback.

It's just another example of how dysfunctional this organization has become.

Inexplicable draft picks. Terrible roster construction.  A petulant, brooding "franchise" quarterback who can't take the heat.  Lurie and Howie micromanaging everything from the coaching staff to the game day strategy.  Doug fumbling and stumbling through phony answers at news conferences. Players openly questioning his decision making and, on some level, integrity.

They've gone from gold standard to ship show in three seasons. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

It's just another example of how dysfunctional this organization has become.  Lurie and Howie micromanaging everything from the coaching staff to the game day strategy.  Doug fumbling and stumbling through phony answers at news conferences. Players openly questioning his decision making and, on some level, integrity.

They're gone from gold standard to ship show in three seasons. 

This team was never the gold standard.  Teams like NE that have sustained success over a long time ... that is the gold standard.  Think TB was ever considered gold standard after winning their championship?  

We were never a dream team.  We were never a QB Factory.  And the "New Norm" stinks.  

These people need to stop smelling themselves after experiencing a half ounce of success and work harder to sustain it ... then let others define them using those terms.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

This team was never the gold standard.  Teams like NE that have sustained success over a long time ... that is the gold standard.  Think TB was ever considered gold standard after winning their championship?  

We were never a dream team.  We were never a QB Factory.  And the "New Norm" stinks.  

These people need to stop smelling themselves after experiencing a half ounce of success and work harder to sustain it ... then let others define them using those terms.  

Tampa Bay was an outlier.

2 Super Bowls, 4 NFC Championships and 13 playoff appearances in 19 years (from 2000 to 2019) was an excellent run.  Organizationally - the front office, the coaching staff, roster construction - the Eagles were in the same company as the Steelers and the Patriots.  As New England can attest, things change, but it's hard to think of a program that's fallen farther faster than the Eagles. 

24 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Tampa Bay was an outlier.

2 Super Bowls, 4 NFC Championships and 13 playoff appearances in 19 years (from 2000 to 2019) was an excellent run.  Organizationally - the front office, the coaching staff, roster construction - the Eagles were in the same company as the Steelers and the Patriots.  As New England can attest, things change, but it's hard to think of a program that's fallen farther faster than the Eagles. 

New England?

22 minutes ago, PhillyRockd said:

New England?

Obviously not in terms of titles but organizational respect. 

14 hours ago, Talonblood said:

The whole thing was performed by an idiot who sucks as an NFL coach, along with Howie, who was behind the scenes. Probably even Lurie, too. Eagles fans are going to suffer for a long time if these idiots stay together. Lurie needs to stumble, hit his head and have it knock some sense back into him and do the right thing. Fire Howie and Doug.

I'm big on seeing what you have in your young guys when you're out of the playoff picture, there's nothing to be gained and a lot to lose by winning a meaningless game.

Since Doug played musical chairs with the OL he should played Sudfeld the entire game along with  Huntley at RB.  

From what I'm hearing they intend on sticking with Wentz as the starter in 2021, if true they're just making a bigger mess than they're already made because Doug will wait too long to yank him if it's a continuation of his 2020 play.

I just don't think we can trust Doug's decision making, hell, Foles called the Philly-Philly play, who the hell knows what decision Doug had on his mind but based on his reply to Foles it surely wasn't Philly-Philly. 

I blame this mess on Lurie.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Really. Having a head coach the locker room can't respect or trust doesn't matter? Who are these players? How about his starting QB? Hurts, even said on the sideline "That's not right." Carson and Hurts BOTH question Doug now. He has pissed BOTH of his QB's off big time. That's not a big deal? Yes, it is a big deal. The whole thing was performed by an idiot who sucks as an NFL coach, along with Howie, who was behind the scenes. Probably even Lurie, too. Eagles fans are going to suffer for a long time if these idiots stay together. Lurie needs to stumble, hit his head and have it knock some sense back into him and do the right thing. Fire Howie and Doug.

IMO, the decision to lose the last game would have came from Lurie, Doug just followed instructions. Hurts is just a rookie, he will be fine and will be jumping for joy once he has JaMar Chase or Devonta Smith to throw to. Losing a game which absolutely meant nothing to the Eagles but will help make them stronger for the future with a better draft pick takes absolute precedence over a useless win that would put Eagles at a dis advantage...

Oh and to the; Carson questions Doug, point? LOL Carson stinks, he has been terrible all season, the whole damn league is questioning his play, so not many cares about what he thinks. Carson has one last thing left to do, get Eagles some compensation and pack his butt out of Philly....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, after the REDSKINS get destroyed in the 1st round they will start wondering about who the QB will be next year....and they will have to figure that out picking in the 20's. Much like the Eagles pointless playoff birth last year it actually puts you further behind when you are a bad team and manage to win a horrible division against inferior teams in comparison to the rest of the league. You have all the numbers working against you from that point on.

Eagles did the right thing aside from not firing the POS that is Howie Roseman that caused all these issues. Laurie may be the biggest issue now due to allowing this to continue.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well if the team played better during the season they wouldn’t have put themselves in a position to be embarrassed on National Television to begin with. Use this to get better. Stop whining and start winning.

You talking about the Giants or the Eagles?  

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

It's just another example of how dysfunctional this organization has become.

Inexplicable draft picks. Terrible roster construction.  A petulant, brooding "franchise" quarterback who can't take the heat.  Lurie and Howie micromanaging everything from the coaching staff to the game day strategy.  Doug fumbling and stumbling through phony answers at news conferences. Players openly questioning his decision making and, on some level, integrity.

They've gone from gold standard to ship show in three seasons. 

I don't contest any of that.  But, if I'm picking a reason to fire Doug...this ain't it. 

6 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

IMO, the decision to lose the last game would have came from Lurie, Doug just followed instructions. Hurts is just a rookie, he will be fine and will be jumping for joy once he has JaMar Chase or Devonta Smith to throw to. Losing a game which absolutely meant nothing to the Eagles but will help make them stronger for the future with a better draft pick takes absolute precedence over a useless win that would put Eagles at a dis advantage...

Oh and to the; Carson questions Doug, point? LOL Carson stinks, he has been terrible all season, the whole damn league is questioning his play, so not many cares about what he thinks. Carson has one last thing left to do, get Eagles some compensation and pack his butt out of Philly....

100% agree. I was a fan of the guy. Sometimes u just need to believe whats in front of u. He's not the same and he had one good year against good competition. Cant take away the previous 2 seasons from him, but context matters, down to defensive schemes and rankings. Yes I'd still factor in the offensive jags, struggles, and injuries. Imo he's still responsible. Flashes of greatness is just that. Mechanics need big improvement,  and stop playing hero ball. Read the field. Also one day I hope we hear the truth about his leadership and attitude in the locker room. 

The Irony in all this is Joe Judge is that the Clowns name ? The Giants coach, preaching morality to the Eagles, the guy that was working under Bill Billcheat a while back :roll:

• Like 2